Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2018, 10:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranets View Post
Black Rifle Coffee, tastes great and helps support vets seeing as our federal government is too broke.
X2..for the same reasons. AK-47 is a very good espresso roast.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:48 AM

I was just thinking of my coffee lately and I have use boiling water with a Aero press and was missing that consistency. It seemed one cup was great and the other was poor. Switched over to a single cup drip machine and it has been more consistant but it is still lacking. May have to invest in a machine. As for coffee I go to Cuppers as there is a large selection of coffees and they can grind it to my need instead of me using a cheap grinder that basically beats the beans to pieces.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:25 AM

I make my own blend. I don't drink much coffee, so I use a brewer machine that's from the 70s...

Generally I start with a good dark roast. Currently using Western Family's Kenya roast. Then I mix in roasted chicory root. 2/3 coffee to 1/3 chicory root. Then, I blend in a pinch of Sri Lanka cinnamon, a small pinch of ground cloves, a small pinch of ground mace, a pinch of mint, a tonka bean broken into several pieces, some cocoa powder, and a little bit of Himalayan rock salt. Sometimes, I add a pinch of vanilla extract to the mix.

I find that the salt brings all the flavors together nicely.

I get all the spices from The Silk Road. They have the best quality spices I have come across.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:22 PM

I like kicking horse, all their dark roast blends, but I find the most important ingredient in a good cup of coffee, is good water! Our well is quite alkaline, I'm not too crazy about it straight from the tap, but it makes the best coffee I've ever had!
Old 02-20-2018, 07:34 PM

[QUOTE=EZM;3735348]We buy Blue Mountain Coffee. Yes, it's pricey, but once you taste it, it really has a unique bold but smooth coffee flavour, no bitterness and chocolatey richness.

In all cases we grind our own beans.

We have a Technivorm machine (common drip type) as well as a Breville (grinder/espresso/steam combo) machine (which makes espressos, lattes or americanos) and it's great whichever way you like your coffee.

Besides good beans , good coffee is about temperate control and a good machine make,,!,!......I'll have to try this
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post
PC West Coast - Dark Roast. Been drinking it for years.
Recently tried another brand and can't wait to finish off
the can so I can go back to the West Coast - Dark Roast.
This is my favorite as well
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
We like Nabob Full City Dark roast.
I drank this coffee for a long time, then switched to grinding my own beans (burr grinder) I'd never go back,like day and night.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:02 PM
Banned

I really like the idea of with Black Rifle or Arrowhead. Anywhere to pick them up in Calgary? I really do hate mail order.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
I really like the idea of with Black Rifle or Arrowhead. Anywhere to pick them up in Calgary? I really do hate mail order.
They're in St. Albert.
I know I've seen a few places in Edmonton that carry it...but I for one don't want coffee that's sat on some shelf for a month before I purchase.
I do the mail order...get two bags a month delivered to my work address, they don't charge shipping and it works like a charm.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmisfits View Post
The Shooting Edge and Crown Surplus are listed as dealers...
Old 02-21-2018, 10:34 AM

Default coffee

I've been drinking MAXWELL HOUSE instant coffee for years.
Just add hot water ...stir ...add cream...
Old 02-21-2018, 02:50 PM

Buy a pour over or French press and grind your beans, stumptown is very good and can be found around calgary or online. Once you get away from coffee like Starbucks etc you I’ll wonder how you drank bitter stuff
Old 02-21-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coiloil37 View Post
i prefer santo domingo from the dominican republic. Very strong, bold coffee that's smooth and not at all bitter.
x65
Old 03-03-2018, 08:36 AM

Been on Timothys Columbian ecellencia pods from costco for years, but my favorite is Costa Rican Tarrazu. We use a Keurig just about every day but I"ll tell you that in the RV we use a cabelas perc on the stove and it tastes better using just about any coffee.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:15 AM

Salt Spring French Roast is pretty good, haven't had any of their other coffee yet. Safeway sells Salt Spring.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:27 AM

Tim's coffee is like sex in a canoe, *#cking near water! Kicking Horse Grizzly Claw or Hola is good stuff!

"She took all my money, she wrecked my new car, now she's with one of my good time buddies, and they're drinkin' in some cross town bar"!
Old 03-03-2018, 11:38 AM

I generally use kirkland espresso, its cheap and decent quality. I make it in a moka pot. (Old simple stove top espresso) I grind my beans in a old spong hand grinder. The wife likes tims in s drip. I like the whole process of making a
Coffee as much as the coffee.

Brad
Old 03-03-2018, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoteStopper View Post
Salt Spring French Roast is pretty good, haven't had any of their other coffee yet. Safeway sells Salt Spring.
Funny, my grandparents lived there for 30+ years, owned the property for over 50 years. They just moved near Kelowna.
Old 03-03-2018, 02:59 PM

After years of gastrointestinal trouble and having way too much coffee I have all but given it up. I do still enjoy the odd Tim Horton's and in my opinion, as well as those of the hundreds of people lined up to buy it it is good coffee.
On the other hand I detest Starbucks coffee and wouldn't say thank you for a cup.
to each their own I guess.