Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Buy and Sell > Motorized Vehicles For Sale

Notices

Old 06-13-2019, 07:38 PM

Default WTS: 95 BMW 540i project car

Selling an E-34 1995 540i.

Unfortunately, I let the car sit for a number of years after blowing a head gasket. The part time mechanic that was going to fix the head gasket never got around to it.

It will need a fair bit of work, due to sitting so long. Has some rust, and will need lots of little odds and ends. Including some interior work, due to sun damage. Has a blown head gasket, but the gaskets and studs to repair it are included. Also has a dented quarter panel, but also included is a brand new quarter panel from BMW.

The car was a very impressive machine before being parked, and is fairly rare. Only 3203 of these were made (from what I have read) with the combination of the V8 and 6 speed stick shift. More common was the 5 speed. IIRC the 6 speed also had a handling package included.

Mine was lowered an inch or two at BMW. Holds the road like nothing else, and makes brisk driving very natural. BMW spent quite a bit of time making this car the car for high speed driving in comfort. Wind noise is nil, and high gears and excellent aerodynamics partner to achieve 32 mpg at a fairly quick (by NA standards) clip.

It's Alpine white on black, and I'm asking $1500 for it. Not very much for a nearly $90 000 car when new, but it does need work, and at this point I have too much other stuff that takes up my time and can not devote the time that this car deserves. Would rather have the cash, but would consider some trades, like an older good running sled, big bore revolver, or bigger bore bolt action rifle.

I also have NIB TSW Thruxton 18" rims for it that I can work into a deal, or sell separately after the car is spoken for if not wanted by the buyer. They are kind of a brushed and gun metal grey combo. Wider back tires to accommodate 10 inches of rubber on the rear.

PM me for pictures, to talk, or meet.

Cheers!

Science is not a work in fantasy or simple conjecture, rather due process, repeatable and provable by observation and known facts.

Last edited by Tactical Lever; 06-13-2019 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:33 PM

Science is not a work in fantasy or simple conjecture, rather due process, repeatable and provable by observation and known facts.