Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-23-2019, 09:15 AM

I think the idea of taking them down and leaving a note in their place is the perfectly decent thing to do. If they come and ask for them back, you find out who left them - if they don’t, you’re ahead by three game cams.

As far as drones are concerned, I think that should fall under the “spotting game from an aircraft” law. I might have to start a ‘best loads for drones’ thread; #2s, BB or SSG?
Old 07-23-2019, 09:16 AM

If it were me I would take them down and post notes on each tree saying he can come collect them at the house.

Chances are you’ll have free cameras.

You could also call each person who has permission. As we see on here all too often, there are trespassers who put cans up on private land.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTailAB View Post
Maybe I'm the dumb one here (pffffttt) but what's the issue with putting up trail cams in the BUSH? Sorry are you a nudist that travels around and rolls naked in the bush? I get the "dOn'T pUt CaMeRaS iN mY hOmE" part but out in the bushes, the dude is just trying to see what all is out there for game.

Did he screw them into the trees, causing damage? Putting trail cameras up is a very low impact thing and I GUESS if you really hate having someone else's cameras OUT IN THE BUSH then cool that's your thing but really I think you over reacted. The majority of people use trail cameras these days.

Plus I always carry a card reader with me so if I come across a camera I'm pulling the card, reading it (gotta find those monster bucks) and deleting any evidence that I was in the area.
Sounds like you are the number one reason that respectful hunters get turned down from hunting on private land. The kind of guy who may ask for permission but likely will just trespass. If you dont like it then buy your own land. Attitudes like yours stink. Stop being a lazy ass and stop checking other peoples cams. Do your own research.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Here lies the problem, the OP stated he did not want camera's as a stipulation of access to their PRIVATE property... Does not matter at all what anyone thinks or feels about their camera's this was a condition placed on access.

It's no wonder every season more land is locked....
Well I'm gonna say it's a stupid rule and nothing is gonna stop me from saying that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
It is his land so he can make up whatever "dumb" rule he feels like. It is simple, if you don't like the rules don't hunt there. It isn't butt hurt unless yours is hurting. Find somewhere else. Not hard at all.
Don't worry I got collectively 8 quarters to hunt. With trail cameras too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
There's also a fair chance that the owner of the cameras DOESN'T have permission to hunt or trespass on the property, so the land owner is justified in removing them from his property. Leaving a note as to how the cameras can be claimed is a sign of respect by the OP that the owner of the camera is lucky the OP shares.
I guess the OP never did state that the owner had permission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enbeya View Post
You have two options One is to shoot it and the other to sell it and make money lool
OP if they are good cams I'll buy em cheap!!
Old 07-23-2019, 09:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownb View Post
Sounds like you are the number one reason that respectful hunters get turned down from hunting on private land. The kind of guy who may ask for permission but likely will just trespass. If you dont like it then buy your own land. Attitudes like yours stink. Stop being a lazy ass and stop checking other peoples cams. Do your own research.
I have lots of land to hunt on, thanks. No need to trespass as I don't break the law because I like hunting and guns too much to risk lose that.

You'd never know if anyone with a card reader checked your cams, bro.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Maybe I'm the dumb one here (pffffttt) but what's the issue with putting up trail cams in the BUSH? Sorry are you a nudist that travels around and rolls naked in the bush? I get the "dOn'T pUt CaMeRaS iN mY hOmE" part but out in the bushes, the dude is just trying to see what all is out there for game.

Did he screw them into the trees, causing damage? Putting trail cameras up is a very low impact thing and I GUESS if you really hate having someone else's cameras OUT IN THE BUSH then cool that's your thing but really I think you over reacted. The majority of people use trail cameras these days.

Plus I always carry a card reader with me so if I come across a camera I'm pulling the card, reading it (gotta find those monster bucks) and deleting any evidence that I was in the area.

Aren't you the ultimate hypocrite, you have no issue with people putting up cams when the land owner specifically asks them not to, yet you pull the cards from someone else's private property.

Quote:
Unless you have a second hidden cam watching the cam on the trail.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Aren't you the ultimate hypocrite, you have no issue with people putting up cams when the land owner specifically asks them not to, yet you pull the cards from someone else's private property.
I never once stated private property so not sure what you're complaining about, just assume away. What if I meant crown? Do I need to be more specific???. I said the landowner could just check them for animals he too could hunt. We don't let people outside of friends and family hunt our land and they can put up all the cams they want. The more the merrier.
And I said I think it's a dumb rule that the land owner has, regardless of whatever reason he or anyone else can come up with. "Hey you can hunt here but don't ya dare use technology to scout."
Old 07-23-2019, 09:40 AM
Banned

Quote:

Unless you have a second hidden cam watching the cam on the trail.
Yup and that's what I do at a fence line on our land, 2 cans, one is actually busted and in plain view to grab attention lol
Old 07-23-2019, 09:42 AM

Quote:
I have lots of land to hunt on, thanks. No need to trespass as I don't break the law because I like hunting and guns too much to risk lose that.

Do us all a favor and stick to your Dad's land that you posted no hunting signs on. You are complaining about the rules that other people have yet you brag about posting your Dad's land.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I never once stated private property so not sure what you're complaining about, just assume away. What if I meant crown? Do I need to be more specific???. I said the landowner could just check them for animals he too could hunt. We don't let people outside of friends and family hunt our land and they can put up all the cams they want. The more the merrier.
And I said I think it's a dumb rule that the land owner has, regardless of whatever reason he or anyone else can come up with. "Hey you can hunt here but don't ya dare use technology to scout."
The entire thread is about trail cams on private property, look at the title.

As for the no trail cams rule, if you don't like the landowners rules, hunt elsewhere.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
Do us all a favor and stick to your Dad's land that you posted no hunting signs on.
lol how did you know I had no hunting signs on it?
Old 07-23-2019, 09:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
The entire thread is about trail cams on private property, look at the title.
I must have trailed off topic and derailed this thread.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:

You might like hunting and guns but if sounds like you don’t respect the people that feel the same.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:12 AM

Reading tthrough te thread there appears to be a decent number of respectful people. There also appears to be a number of folks I'd dislike being seen in the company of.
One of the reasons[as if I need any] for no trail cams is to try and keep people off the land all year. Two of the trail cams were put up after June 1st[other I can't say for sure], which means someone was out amongst the livestock. How does a land owner know these same folk ain't trying to find out when rustling an animal may be easier? On this land I have to put up with hunters from Sept 1 through to the end of antlerless elk season in January. Are we not allowed to have a break?
Old 07-23-2019, 10:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitw View Post
Reading tthrough te thread there appears to be a decent number of respectful people. There also appears to be a number of folks I'd dislike being seen in the company of.
One of the reasons[as if I need any] for no trail cams is to try and keep people off the land all year. Two of the trail cams were put up after June 1st[other I can't say for sure], which means someone was out amongst the livestock. How does a land owner know these same folk ain't trying to find out when rustling an animal may be easier? On this land I have to put up with hunters from Sept 1 through to the end of antlerless elk season in January. Are we not allowed to have a break?
Fair enough.

Do you not trust the people you give permission to? Why would you think they are cattle rustling? A lot people put cams put in June.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitw View Post
You shouldn’t have to explain. Unfortunately the people who need the explaining won’t listen anyway. It’s really sad but just because you own land and do things you want to some peolpe( i won’t use the term sportsman because i feel whitetailab is not) vilify you. It has to be jelousy.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
I get that, but it's a dumb rule IMO. Like I said, they're harmless. To me it's more of a "iM tHe oWnEr" thing, cameras strapped to a tree are harmless.

I expected some butthurt out of my post, and I was right.

Like I said, unless the dude is running around nude in his field and bush what is the actual harm, aside from hurt feelings (like he obviously has)

You think it's ok to break the landowners specific rules because you think they're "dumb"? Then complain when the landowner gets all "butthurt"? You sound like the reason decent hunters get turned down when asking for permission. You know what they say. One bad apple...
Old 07-23-2019, 10:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
You think it's ok to break the landowners specific rules because you think they're "dumb"? Then complain when the landowner gets all "butthurt"? You sound like the reason decent hunters get turned down when asking for permission. You know what they say. One bad apple...
I guess it's hard to understand that I never said I go around putting cameras where they shouldn't be. I think I said if someone put them on my land I'd be checking them to see what's out there too. But the OP is worried about cattle rustlers so that's fine, but he sure didn't state that in the OP.

I said it's a dumb rule and to compare it to putting cameras inside someone's home was also dumb. I never said "iTs OkAy tO bReAk RuLeS" just that I thought it was a dumb rule.

Reading comprehension, get some. You and anyone else also can use that ignore feature and add my username to it.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:43 AM
Banned

Also sorry that the echo chamber here didn't fully echo back to you the way you wanted OP.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Also sorry that the echo chamber here didn't fully echo back to you the way you wanted OP.
The majority of hunter's respect landowner rights so the majority understand what the OP is stating. May be a dumb rule but it is his land land so it is his choice. Please stick to your Dad's posted land so you don't ruin getting permission for the rule abiding hunters.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
I guess it's hard to understand that I never said I go around putting cameras where they shouldn't be. I think I said if someone put them on my land I'd be checking them to see what's out there too. But the OP is worried about cattle rustlers so that's fine, but he sure didn't state that in the OP.

I said it's a dumb rule and to compare it to putting cameras inside someone's home was also dumb. I never said "iTs OkAy tO bReAk RuLeS" just that I thought it was a dumb rule.

Reading comprehension, get some. You and anyone else also can use that ignore feature and add my username to it.
Just a reminder of what you wrote as you seem to forgot:

Old 07-23-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
"dOn'T pUt CaMeRaS iN mY hOmE"
"iM tHe oWnEr"
"iTs OkAy tO bReAk RuLeS"

Perhaps if you stopped typing like a 13 year old girl on Myspace you might get a little more respect.

As for taking card readers and messing with other people's property, not cool. What zone do you hunt in? People mess with my cameras every year (on private property with permission). They break the locks off, remove the cards and erase them and reset the camera. For all I know that could be you. This does constitute criminal mischievous and is against the law.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 07-23-2019, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
Perhaps if you stopped typing like a 13 year old girl on Myspace you might get a little more respect.

As for taking card readers and messing with other people's property, not cool. What zone do you hunt in? People mess with my cameras every year (on private property with permission). They break the locks off, remove the cards and erase them and reset the camera. For all I know that could be you. This does constitute criminal mischievous and is against the law.
Not the zone you're in
Old 07-23-2019, 03:55 PM

I think game cams should be illegal period.

I only hunt Crown, but if I owned land and I had to worry about someone snapping pictures of me who I gave permission to hunt my lands I would be ****ed too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I find game cams on Crown land I take 'em down and leave them at the base of a tree.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrgeiz View Post

I only hunt Crown, but if I owned land and I had to worry about someone snapping pictures of me who I gave permission to hunt my lands I would be ****ed too.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I find game cams on Crown land I take 'em down and leave them at the base of a tree.
That's a pretty idiotic way of thinking just because you think they should be illegal you shouldn't be touching anything that isn't yours

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:

I hope you’re trolling.

If I found you tampering with my cams, you might not be walking out from the bush
Old 07-23-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownb View Post
You shouldn’t have to explain. Unfortunately the people who need the explaining won’t listen anyway. It’s really sad but just because you own land and do things you want to some peolpe( i won’t use the term sportsman because i feel whitetailab is not) vilify you. It has to be jelousy.
It's entitlement, he just comes across as entitled.

Thomas Sowell
Old 07-23-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:

Our passion will end with this generation ^^^ as the entitlement and lack of common sense is scary...
Old 07-23-2019, 05:05 PM

Please take it down a few notches guys. This is getting a little heated. The OP did not ask for a firestorm.
Old 07-23-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Please take it down a few notches guys. This is getting a little heated. The OP did not ask for a firestorm.
It seems to mean that only one caused the fire storm.