Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-03-2018, 08:27 PM

Default Pot Stocks

Anyone else been riding these roller coaster rides the last few months. What a blood bath today!!!
Old 04-03-2018, 08:32 PM

Ya! They got smoked today!
Old 04-03-2018, 09:22 PM

Was there an announcement of sorts or did they just drop?
Old 04-03-2018, 09:31 PM

Seems like part of a larger retracement/correction. My hydropothecary only off a penny from my buy, whew.

Pot stocks way overpriced by any value metric, priced off the perceived come in the market, not earnings to date.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Pot stocks way overpriced by any value metric, priced off the perceived come in the market, not earnings to date.
Most are for sure. Every joe-blow with zero investment or market knowledge was spewing how they were going to invest in marijuana stocks and hit it rich.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:02 PM

Got out 4 months ago @ $13.30 ACB.

bought @ .42 nearly 3 years ago. Glad i sold when i did, but no crystal ball... could be $60 this time next year.

$8400 - $266,000. Decent return id say.
Old 04-03-2018, 10:04 PM

Default P s

Ok for some fun money, not a big bundle, anyone go off the ledge yet???
Seems fools and their money are soon parted.
Old 04-04-2018, 06:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post

bought @ .42 nearly 3 years ago. Glad i sold when i did, but no crystal ball... could be $60 this time next year.

It would take forever to make that kind of money from the buds, and you made that just from the stocks???
Old 04-04-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:

Be even better news if some of that was in a TFSA! Awesome returns guy.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:35 AM

Wink

sell before april 20... i think the highs are wearing off and people are looking for munchies ...on to resturant brands
Old 04-04-2018, 11:43 AM

Quote:

Not a crystal ball but you did mention your insider info lol
Old 04-04-2018, 11:43 AM

I thought they threw the stalks away?

I wish I would have jumped on the pot wagon.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:12 PM

I'm starting to think I should invest in every idea I think is a bad investment.

2012. I called Bitcoin a waste of time. Saying how bad of an idea it was and that it would never amount to anything with no physical backing after a coworker tried talking me into it. I think he got cold feet because of my lack of interest. He never bought any.

Pot stocks also seemed like something that would inflate high over value and with then end up crashing without warning due to a change in law or rules.
Promised myself I wouldn't put any money into them since I would not be able to sell a stock that seemed to be doing well until I had waited to long and it crashed.

I stick to safe groups with investing since I have no skill in doing it on my own. Next time a big idea comes up that I am sure wont work out I might have to spend 10k and get rich off of it.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Banned

Quote:

That's incredible.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
I'm starting to think I should invest in every idea I think is a bad investment.

2012. I called Bitcoin a waste of time. Saying how bad of an idea it was and that it would never amount to anything with no physical backing after a coworker tried talking me into it. I think he got cold feet because of my lack of interest. He never bought any.

Pot stocks also seemed like something that would inflate high over value and with then end up crashing without warning due to a change in law or rules.
Promised myself I wouldn't put any money into them since I would not be able to sell a stock that seemed to be doing well until I had waited to long and it crashed.

I stick to safe groups with investing since I have no skill in doing it on my own. Next time a big idea comes up that I am sure wont work out I might have to spend 10k and get rich off of it.
Coulda, shoulda, woulda. That's the nature of investing. Don't go crazy throwing large amounts of cash into single interests, because it's a great way to lose a lot of money. Unless you really have money to blow, keep to safe diversified investing, especially if your retirement or future is contingent on it.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:53 PM

Look at it this way. The more it crashes, the more it will be 'on sale' for the next leg up.

If it was a good deal to get in on in the first place, it should be worth a lot more after being kicked into the gutter. I don't believe in lottery tickets, just future cash flow. If nobody likes something anymore, but it's making decent coin now with a viable future, it becomes a screaming good deal.

But if not, then never. That way you don't get sucked into the 'dot-com' or FANGS or bitcoin mania where nobody knows the tipping point.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:31 AM
Banned

Quote:

Went for lunch with an old friend to catch up and he was filling me in on aurora. Apparently a bunch of old work buddiea from an old company made a few million each by buying in when it was 0.20-0.30 cents.

Guess one of the earliest investors owned grove dodge. He helped fund some of auroras early investments. He was letting everyone know to invest. Those that did early on made massive money.

Met another early 20s guy who works for aurora. Guys living it large in a million dollar plus house thats newly built....

Your return on investment is amazing but in comparison to many ive seen its on the lower side. Kind of boggles the mind but the stories are awesome to hear.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arty View Post
Look at it this way. The more it crashes, the more it will be 'on sale' for the next leg up.

If it was a good deal to get in on in the first place, it should be worth a lot more after being kicked into the gutter. I don't believe in lottery tickets, just future cash flow. If nobody likes something anymore, but it's making decent coin now with a viable future, it becomes a screaming good deal.

But if not, then never. That way you don't get sucked into the 'dot-com' or FANGS or bitcoin mania where nobody knows the tipping point.
The problem with pot stocks is they were 7x book value and pretty much none of them have ever made any money. Hard to say what they're worth without at least a years worth of earnings. On top of that like cigarettes and booze only a few companies will come out as the major winners. Hard to say who that will be at this point.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 04-05-2018, 06:42 PM

Time to de-risk IMO. Get out of the speculative stuff. Several other asset bubbles are popping or in correction mode. Bonds, crypto, FANG, interest sensitives. Not to mention the risks from rising interest rates, the fed rolling 30 billion a month off their balance sheet starting in April, volatility spiking, the recent short vol trade blowup, trade war fears... Lots to feel cautious about here I think, the market seems to be giving us plenty of signals that things are a bit off.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:46 PM
Banned

Selling my pot stocks apr 19 and purchasing Dorito stocks the morning of Apr20.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3illy View Post
Went for lunch with an old friend to catch up and he was filling me in on aurora. Apparently a bunch of old work buddiea from an old company made a few million each by buying in when it was 0.20-0.30 cents.

Guess one of the earliest investors owned grove dodge. He helped fund some of auroras early investments. He was letting everyone know to invest. Those that did early on made massive money.

Met another early 20s guy who works for aurora. Guys living it large in a million dollar plus house thats newly built....

Your return on investment is amazing but in comparison to many ive seen its on the lower side. Kind of boggles the mind but the stories are awesome to hear.
Im sure we share many of the same friends. I went in on advice of my uncle. Thought i did good..... he made it with millions upon millions.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:44 AM

For every person that makes in the stock market , 10 loose ! Where the big money is, the stock brokers ! They always make when you buy and sell ! Their flat fee or even better, % of the buy or sell price.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
the market seems to be giving us plenty of signals that things are a bit off.
x2
Old 04-06-2018, 08:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Im sure we share many of the same friends. I went in on advice of my uncle. Thought i did good..... he made it with millions upon millions.
Small world. I love to hear regular people making it big all off a basic tip to invest early. Congrats to you and your uncle.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Your uncle doesn't live in Tofield by any chance? I knew a guy who had a lot invested in various marijuana companies last I talked to him in about 2015, and he was holding a long position. I assume he made millions upon millions.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:44 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but are there american pot companies a guy should be looking at early, for if (when) the United States legalizes marijuana??

Probably a stupid question but will there be a repeat down south ??
Old 04-06-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post

I think the only thing wrong is your timing. You're looking at the end result and not the climb up at first. Every guy that missed buying tulip bulbs probably thought the same way while the market was in euphoria about gains.

You can still cash in on your logic.......short the hell out of as many as you can....a few will survive and create losses, but the others will more than make up for it with massive gains.