Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-20-2012, 03:36 PM

Default NSR Hermitage Park

I've been going down lately and not catching anything. I've been trying a whole bunch of different things. Mostly minnows and jig heads slowly reeling them back. I'm not sure of the lay of the water down there. What is there for structures and holes? Last time I went out I was trying to keep my eyes out for holes and stuff but the wind was picking up and I couldn't really tell any difference in water movement. What am I doing wrong and where should I be looking? Is anyone going down tonight or tomorrow night?

Thanks, Stupid
Old 10-20-2012, 04:46 PM

seriously?

I give you a suggestion. PIck a long weekend and go there... watch how other people catching fish.. and talk to them.. you will be an expert quickly...
Old 10-20-2012, 05:08 PM

You should use a pickerel rig with minnows on both hooks as that works best and if you don't believe me go to my profile check my albums to see what my dad caught on it.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:58 PM

Been talking to customers and people I work with. (Don't worry I don't work in a fishing place haha) I bought a couple pickerel rigs and I am going to try em tomorrow. I also want to try a lindy rig. Somebody was talking about using crankbaits from shore so I figured I would try it out.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:22 AM

Too many snags in there to throw expensive crank baits imho. Use jigs there cheap or p-rigs.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:37 AM
Banned

was there tonight (sat.) and it was slow but still managed 6 wallies. i'll be posting later, but one quick tip is that they are biting more when it get's dark. how the heck they can see in the dark is another mystery.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
was there tonight (sat.) and it was slow but still managed 6 wallies. i'll be posting later, but one quick tip is that they are biting more when it get's dark. how the heck they can see in the dark is another mystery.
Those massive eyes. I'm gonna go down tonight and gonna try out some p-rigs and the crankbaits. Got some minnows and jigheads to fall back on.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
I guess they can smell as well. It's a very interesting topic....how fish can find those small baits?