Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-09-2020, 08:08 AM

Default String stop needed/questions

My Quest Rogue lost its string stop, I ordered a new one 3 months ago but it still hasn't arrived (wtf). Anyone have a spare they're willing to sell?

Do I even need one of these? Can I just use a wine cork? Bow hunting season is almost upon us and I haven't been able to practise once yet this year because of this!
Old 08-09-2020, 01:02 PM

Your talking about the string suppressor that comes off the back of your riser? There are a ton of aftermarket options that any bow shop should have in stock or online like amazon if you want one now. Or, rip it off and go practice, you may have a little more noise or vibration on the shot but you won’t wreck anything. When I started shooting compounds those suppressors didn’t even exist and we didn’t know we needed them. They are a “nice to have” item, not a must have.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1894Cowboy View Post
My Quest Rogue lost its string stop, I ordered a new one 3 months ago but it still hasn't arrived (wtf). Anyone have a spare they're willing to sell?

Do I even need one of these? Can I just use a wine cork? Bow hunting season is almost upon us and I haven't been able to practise once yet this year because of this!

Did you lose the complete rod or just the head?
Old 08-10-2020, 01:32 AM

I lost just the head, the rod is still there. That's why I was thinking of just sticking a wine cork on it lol.

Yeah, Amazon has an aftermarket one but its $55 and won't get here until mid October. Besides, its made in China and I'm really trying to avoid buying anything that's made in China. Can't believe how long it's taking to get things in from the States now during this pandemic.

My old compound didn't have one, wasn't sure you could shoot the new ones without one, didn't want to damage the string or something. Thanks for that info Coiloil37, I'll just take that rod off then and finally go shooting
Old 08-10-2020, 04:32 AM

If you can’t find one locally you could get some relatively soft rubber and drill a hole in it. I would imagine your kids or dog has a toy that would work. Whack it on there with some glue for the short term. All it’s doing is dampening the string so it doesn’t vibrate for a fraction of a second after the shot.
Any bow shop should have one, if your out of town just call around and have them mail it.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:14 AM

The main archery shop here in Calgary didn't have any, that's why they had to order one in. I'll just make my own then in the meantime, thanks for the tip.
Old 08-10-2020, 12:06 PM

https://www.amazon.ca/Bow-Jax-Stoppe...082690&sr=8-15

https://www.amazon.ca/LimbSaver-Stri...7082690&sr=8-5

Either 1 of these should work just fine.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:46 AM

thanks!