Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 07-14-2020, 04:44 AM

Default Practicing long shots when you live in the city

Hi I’m living in Edmonton and I just recently got my bow and I’ve been practicing at the range. This is great but it only allows me to get practice in at 20 yards. I was trying to figure out how to get some further shots in. I’m thinking about getting a 3D target and trying to find some land to practice at 30 or 40 yards. Has anyone came across this problem before and got any pointers to help a guy living in a city limits on finding a farmer to allow you to use their land or came up with a different solution? Thanks in advance
Old 07-14-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil7870 View Post
Hi I’m living in Edmonton and I just recently got my bow and I’ve been practicing at the range. This is great but it only allows me to get practice in at 20 yards. I was trying to figure out how to get some further shots in. I’m thinking about getting a 3D target and trying to find some land to practice at 30 or 40 yards. Has anyone came across this problem before and got any pointers to help a guy living in a city limits on finding a farmer to allow you to use their land or came up with a different solution? Thanks in advance
Join an archery club... SPFGA is reasonable and has target butts to 60 yrds.

LC
Old 07-14-2020, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil7870 View Post
A much easier and better option would be to buy a membership to the Sherwood Park Fish and Game Range. If you want to do archery only you can buy a membership that does not give firearms range access and is much cheaper. Beautiful 60 yards range at 10 yard increments and a 3D walking course.
Old 07-14-2020, 11:57 AM
Banned

A third vote for SPFGA.
If you don’t need a firearms range membership it is only $55/yr and this gets you the archery range, free campsite use, trout pond and picnic areas. Can’t be beat.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:10 PM
Banned

The archery club just off of hwy14, 100 yard outdoors and 3d tsrget loops, indoor 20 yard range for winter.

Sherwood park archery club.