Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2019, 07:03 PM

Speaking of good dealers-

A couple years ago I stopped in at Edson Ford, on the way to Rupert. I asked service if I could buy a half litre of antifreeze from the bulk container in the back. The Service manager jumped to the desk like her arse was on fire, said they had to book me in, would be early to mid next week. I said it is down a tiny bit, could I not buy a little coolant? She said they would have to get it in and look at it, find out where it is leaking, or ingesting then went into the whole shpiel. I said it is 6 years old, it is down half a litre, if I couldn't buy a little could I PLEASE just buy a jug of premix and get out of her way?
Just as she opened her mouth again then the Dealer Principal walked over, asked if it was my truck and boat in the parking lot?
I said I was sorry, thought it was in the way, would move it instantly. I booked for the door, thinking I must be in someone's way.
He said no hell no, just wanted to see the boat! He sent Mrs by the book to get a jug of antifreeze, talked to me while his mechanic topped it up and sent me on my way giving me the jug for free if I wanted it. I offered to buy it but he wouldn't have it, it was a jug from the bulk container. He just smiled.
THAT is how you get return service. He was not happy with her.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....