Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-27-2019, 06:35 PM

I will third that, can't stand our guy in the morning and will tune into 770 when I get reception instead. Some days it comes in perfectly clear.

Although recently I tuned in, and I guess Danielle was on vacation because Jespersen was broadcasting from 770. Doh!
Old 01-28-2019, 07:43 AM

770, that's it. I'll try and tune it in or stream it when I'm working at home.
When she was the replacement host or whatever after Christmas it really opened my ears to how much better talk radio can be.

Not a fan of the "Cool kids of Edmonton" show or whatever it is we get instead of Smith.

I'm just not fan of the Edmonton show. It just has an air of "holier than thou'ness" We should all be using bike lanes! And whenever an outdoors issue is discussed he plays the "I can relate to hunters because I go hiking twice a year" card.

Anyway...then again I can always listen to music instead!
Old 01-28-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Dannielle Smith, yesterdays'a woman, went from being no 1 candidate as next premier of the province, to a pathetic talk show host. If she hadn't Bugged Out, we might never have been stuck with Rachel and the gang. Sorry, no respect for that lady.

Grizz
I agree. She totally betrayed her supporters and her constituents. I have a hard time taking her serious as I have no respect for her integrity.
Notley owes her for her 4 years in power...hopefully only 4.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:19 PM

Dannielle Smith on the radio today. "Kananaskis is under developed and we need more development like Canmore there. " Apparently, Canmore is her cup of tea.

Grizz
Old 01-30-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy honker View Post
770, that's it. I'll try and tune it in or stream it when I'm working at home.
When she was the replacement host or whatever after Christmas it really opened my ears to how much better talk radio can be.

Not a fan of the "Cool kids of Edmonton" show or whatever it is we get instead of Smith.

I'm just not fan of the Edmonton show. It just has an air of "holier than thou'ness" We should all be using bike lanes! And whenever an outdoors issue is discussed he plays the "I can relate to hunters because I go hiking twice a year" card.

Anyway...then again I can always listen to music instead!
I should clarify...I'm sure the host is a wonderful guy and nothing personal, the content usually is not my cup of tea, and the week we had Smith I enjoyed the presentation more.
I just re-read my post and realized I was in angry jerk mode when I wrote that for some reason.

It's extremely important to have LOCAL radio shows that address issues important in that specific community whether you agree with their take or not.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotok View Post
Meh. The behind the scenes doorknobs drove her out. She's an intelligent, thoughtful and enjoyable talk show host. In my opinion of course.
Much prefer listening to her on ched when Ryan the dipper poster boy is away.
Old 01-30-2019, 12:25 PM

Daniel Smith helped split the Conservative vote further when she was in politics. That is the reason we are in this mess today trying too please everyone. I do listen too her talk show.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artie View Post
When she was running for politics I would never have voted for her.
Once she learned how the big boys operate including Preston I have gained respect for her.
She is very good as a talk show host and does her homework
I would now vote for her.
Yep me too. I've been listening to Ryan Jespersen on 630 CHED spew his "progressive" non-sense for the past 3 years.

When I found Daniel, it was like a breath of fresh air to hear someone standing up for our industry and values with little apology.

She spends a ton of time talking about climate change and foreign funded activists, while over on CHED you can hear about Edmonton's fine dining, wheelchair access and bike lanes.