Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-21-2023, 10:41 PM

Bruce. There it is
Old 01-22-2023, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
Jim Rutherford and the Vancouver owners group have to be by far the worst management team in hockey, how can anyone treat a coach like Bruce Boudreau like they are, leave him swinging in the wind, for gods sake fire him and let the assistant coaches run it for a week or so until you get Tocchet hired and in place, what a classless bunch in Vancouver they should be ashamed.
Doesn’t say much for Tocchet personality wise to accept that position from said classless bunch.

Tocchet is a big meh…. Sure ain’t on the Mount Rushmore of current NHL coaches of today that’s for sure..
Old 01-22-2023, 07:11 AM

I watched after hours last night which I never do, usually this old guy has to go to bed but they had a tribute sort of to Gino Odjick which which I wanted to see.

They also showed the post game press with Bo Horvat who was clearly emotional about what is going on in Vancouver, you could almost hear him thinking get me the heck out of this place. Then Bruce Boudreau met the press, he has more class than the entire Canucks ownership and management group put together, you could tell it was killing him and he was very emotional but he stayed there and answered the questions and talked about the players and how they played their butts off for him and how each one of them came into his office to talk with him.

Tochett might be getting the job but he has to be wondering what the heck am I getting into here if this is the way they treat people, I wish him luck, I see a mass exodus before the trade deadline.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 01-26-2023, 03:31 PM

I saw the Canucks played hard for their new coach the 1st game and got the win, however the 2nd game they were back to their old selves a 6 - 1 loss to the Kraken.

Old 01-30-2023, 07:18 PM

"Horvat traded to Islanders by Canucks
Has 31 goals this season; Vancouver receives Beauvillier, Raty, conditional 1st-round pick"

Islanders just got better.
Old 01-31-2023, 05:57 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

What are the Canucks thinking

Ohhh wait the stats say it all.....unless there is a great draft choice up and coming

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-31-2023, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Hutchinson View Post
"Horvat traded to Islanders by Canucks
Has 31 goals this season; Vancouver receives Beauvillier, Raty, conditional 1st-round pick"

Islanders just got better.
I think isles won that one. Wonder what the conditions are on pick choice……
Old 01-31-2023, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
The pick is top-12 protected and shifts to an unprotected 2024 first-round selection should the condition trigger this season — which is relevant information given the Isles currently sit two points out of a playoff spot in the Eastern Conference and are tied for the most games played in the league at 52.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
That was my initial reaction, however now I think he is just a couple month rental so what more could you ask for. They weren't getting a higher pick as those teams dont need a rental. So in reality for someone who was going to test the market anyway I think it was a decent return. Better this then say what happened with Johnny Hockey.

It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire
Old 01-31-2023, 09:10 AM

Now wouldn't it be interesting if the Islanders are still out of the playoffs by the trade deadline and have not resigned Horvat. They could then flip him to Colorado/Boston/Tampa/Carolina with more Retention. If they are bottom 12 keep their pick plus gain another + a prospect.

Could get really interesting. At first I thought this was a bad trade for the Islanders, but if Lou can flip him again, it could be super impressive.
Old 02-14-2023, 09:10 PM

The senators are on a roll, just won back to back games with their AHL goalies, Mandolese beat the Islanders in his debut tonight .958 save % stopped 46 of 48 shots, nice to see, he will never forget his NHL debut, they are 7 - 3 - 0 in their last 10 games

Old 02-15-2023, 05:48 AM

Will be interesting to see how the Caps make out with Ovi flying to Moscow to visit his ailing Father. Caps reporting he will miss a couple weeks worth of games possibly….
Old 02-15-2023, 06:37 AM

I watched the Lightning - Avalanche game last night, great game, almost looked like a rerun of the finals last year, fast and back and forth, it's going to be a good push down the stretch

Old 02-15-2023, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Will be interesting to see how the Caps make out with Ovi flying to Moscow to visit his ailing Father. Caps reporting he will miss a couple weeks worth of games possibly….
Actually guess his Father passed away….
Old 02-18-2023, 04:36 AM

TO making moves. Ryan O'Reilly to the Leafs…. 😀😀
Old 02-18-2023, 06:43 AM

O'Reilly helps the leafs but not sure that get's them out of their division past Boston and Tampa ??

Old 02-18-2023, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
O'Reilly helps the leafs but not sure that get's them out of their division past Boston and Tampa ??

Time will tell…
Old 02-27-2023, 07:47 AM

Tampa Bay Lightning added Tanner Jeannot, from the Nashville Predators, by trading Cal Foote, as well as a 2025 first-round selection, top-10 protected, their second-round pick in the 2024 draft, as well as its third- fourth- and fifth-round selections this year.

Now, I'm not terribly familiar with what looks like a former Nashville Predator's 5th dman, but that seems like a fantastical overpay by Tampa! You could argue that New Jersey paid less for Meier and his 30+ goals.
Old 02-27-2023, 08:00 AM

Not sure Tampa really gained there but they feel it will help them, he has size and is tough so in the playoffs that all helps, not sure he is worth $5 million and Tampa got spanked yesterday by Sid and the boy's.

K'Andre Miller of the rangers WTH spitting in Doughty's face, you can bet he will sit for 2 or 3 games, brain fart

NJ I think got a good deal on Meir's as SJ retains 50% of his salary, he is definitely going to make NJ better, possibly come out of the East ??

Old 02-27-2023, 09:05 AM

[QUOTE=waldedw;4614173]Not sure Tampa really gained there but they feel it will help them, he has size and is tough so in the playoffs that all helps, not sure he is worth $5 million and Tampa got spanked yesterday by Sid and the boy's.

K'Andre Miller of the rangers WTH spitting in Doughty's face, you can bet he will sit for 2 or 3 games, brain fart

NJ I think got a good deal on Meir's as SJ retains 50% of his salary, he is definitely going to make NJ better, possibly come out of the East ??[/QUOTE]

I like this deal also...

Wonder where Kane (CHI) going? All experts were predicting a trade last weekend, but never materialized...
Old 02-27-2023, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
Wonder where Kane (CHI) going? All experts were predicting a trade last weekend, but never materialized...
I've read/heard it's basically done, he is going to the Rangers, they are just waiting till Thursday/Friday to make it official for salary cap reasons. Guess we'll see.

If he does, that would be a potent top six:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Kane
Panarin-Trocheck-Tarasenko
Old 02-28-2023, 02:28 PM

Kane to the Rangers for a conditional 2nd rounder, moves to a 1st if they make it to the 3rd round, and a 4th. Arizona retains 25% of his salary.
Old 02-28-2023, 02:37 PM

"The Toronto Maple Leafs have traded defenceman Rasmus Sandin to the Washington Capitals in exchange for Erik Gustafsson and a first-round pick."

Interesting, seems like a good deal for Toronto.
Old 02-28-2023, 03:29 PM

I realize the deadline hasn't hit yet, but it sure seems that everybody is moving west to east so far!

-Kane to the Rangers;
-Luke Schenn to the Leafs;
-Puljujarvi to the 'Canes;
-McCabe & Lafferty to the Leafs
-Jeannot to the Lightning;
-Meier to New Jersey;
-O'Reilly to the Leafs;
-Tarasenko to the Rangers;
-Horvat to the Islanders;

Haven't had one major trader with a player moving east to west yet.
Old 02-28-2023, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Kane to the Rangers for a conditional 2nd rounder, moves to a 1st if they make it to the 3rd round, and a 4th. Arizona retains 25% of his salary.
You called it. Boy, NYR should be watched now...
Old 03-01-2023, 02:19 PM

Johnathan Quick traded to Blue Jackets. Surprising that Quick did not have a no trade clause in his contract with LA Kings. Just a business decision I suppose, but it still has to suck for him as it sounded like he wanted to retire a King. With no playoffs in the foreseeable future for Columbus, retirement might be an attractive alternative.
Old 03-01-2023, 02:28 PM

Tarasenko and Kane both to Rangers, they want to make a run at it for sure.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-01-2023, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britman101 View Post
Johnathan Quick traded to Blue Jackets. Surprising that Quick did not have a no trade clause in his contract with LA Kings. Just a business decision I suppose, but it still has to suck for him as it sounded like he wanted to retire a King. With no playoffs in the foreseeable future for Columbus, retirement might be an attractive alternative.
Sounds like Columbus doesn't really want him, LA just had to send someone out to make the cap work, and a $5.8M backup fit the bill. They've publicly announced they'll try to flip him to a contender if anyone wants him, but really, who logically would?
Old 03-01-2023, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Sounds like Columbus doesn't really want him, LA just had to send someone out to make the cap work, and a $5.8M backup fit the bill. They've publicly announced they'll try to flip him to a contender if anyone wants him, but really, who logically would?
I thought that was a hell of a trade for LA. I’ve always been a Korpisalo fan. I don’t know if I’d want to face the Kings in round 1.

Also like that the Sens got Chychrun. If he and the Sens can stay healthy they are playoff team next year.
Old 03-01-2023, 08:00 PM

Treliving fall asleep after an 18" meat lovers and 6 brewskis?