Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-24-2018, 06:59 AM

Default Kitchen Sink Store options

Morning,
Doing some kitchen renos and am in need of a under mount kitchen sink. Was wondering if anyone has a store they would recommend other then the Home Depot's or Rona's or Lowe's? I am located in Calgary.
Thank you for your time!
Old 04-24-2018, 08:25 AM

Plumbing wholesalers have showrooms, though they don’t display every model from every manufacturer. You can show up and browse any of them, though to be guaranteed a salepersons attention they do like to make appointments.

Wolseley Studio
The Ensuite
Frontier Supply
Robinson Lighting & Bath
Old 04-24-2018, 08:28 AM

Default Kitchen Sink Store options

Caber is right on. If your looking to save money I have had many customers buy from ikea saying they are much cheaper then other option. Not sure if there is ikea in Calgary but I assume to. Also pretty cheap taps as well. I am sure there is a quality difference. But may not be noticeable to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2018, 08:38 AM

Don't know what your budget is, but these guys have higher quality stuff.
https://calgarysinksdirect.com/
Old 04-24-2018, 09:12 AM

I'm looking at the Blanko brand from Wolseley but they have a few brands, I can't decide between silgranite or stainless. blankocanada.com .
Old 04-24-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlhoot View Post
I'm looking at the Blanko brand from Wolseley but they have a few brands, I can't decide between silgranite or stainless. blankocanada.com .
Blanco silgranite can be damaged. I have a buddy who moved and kept his previous house as a rental, he has a silgranite sink in the rental house and the tenants dropped something in one bowl that created a three branched crack that leads out from the impact area. There was no dent or mark left at the impact point, but the cracks leading from the central point would tend to indicate something happened there. It had a very mild leak and between the granite counter and it being an undermount he just asked me to patch the thing. I sanded the bottom and use two part epoxy and fibreglass cloth to get that done. First and only such repair I’ve had to perform and it was just a few days ago. Years back I saw one composite sink where the bottom fell right out of it when the homeowner poured a large pasta pot of boiling water into it, the sudden thermal expansion did it in. I think they’ve made improvements in that regard, but shattering has never been an issue with stainless steel in the first place.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 04-24-2018 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Blanco silgranite can be damaged. I have a buddy who moved and kept his previous house as a rental, he has a silgranite sink in the rental house and the tenants dropped something in one bowl that created a three branched crack that leads out from the impact area. There was no dent or mark left at the impact point, but the cracks leading from the central point would tend to indicate something happened there. It had a very mild leak and between the granite counter and it being an undermount he just asked me to patch the thing. I sanded the bottom and use two part epoxy and fibreglass cloth to get that done. First and only such repair I’ve had to perform and it was just a few days ago. Years back I saw one composite sink where the bottom fell right out of it when the homeowner poured a large pasta pot of boiling water into it, the sudden thermal expansion did it in. I think they’ve made improvements in that regard, but shattering has never been an issue with stainless steel in the first place.
Good Info, ThankYou
Old 04-25-2018, 12:27 AM

Default Check Costco Online

We just recently did our kitchen overhaul and found a nice stainless deep single "tub" unit. Price was very reasonable and this one can be mounted top or bottom. Came with templates and two sets of hardware. Its branded "Westinghouse", came as a single hole, buy I popped in two more holes for the tap set I had.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:21 AM

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/search/?query=kitchen%20sink
Old 04-26-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlhoot View Post
Coop home centers have a really good deal on the Blanco Silgranit this week in the flier in Red Deer

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk