Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-29-2024, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
I think the moral of the story here is, accept online banking, but carry some cash in case a debit machine goes down. 👍🏼
That has actually been on my mind lately, watching what is going on around the world, reading conspiracy theories.....and getting to thinking that perhaps this new world order WEF stuff is more real than conspiracy.

Texas is going, Germany, Netherlands, Spain.....citizens are uprising and mass protesting.

Is this the excuse they will use to shut down the banking system, freeze accounts, create even more havoc so they can save the day by offering up their new and improved digital banking and social credit system??? Play the game our way or freeze/starve to death??

Trudeau already tested freezing bank accounts, so what happens if they freeze the whole system? How long will cash be accepted?

Always said, better safe than sorry, so going to stockpile some cash and lots of ammo along and a firearms stash they can't confiscate.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
I don’t like computer stuff. Held out long as I could before I broke down and downloaded it on my phone.
Best thing I ever did.
Can view transactions, statements, move money between accounts, pay bills, absolutely anything.
All from the comfort of my own toilet.
Same old school thought here till covid made me switch. I still go in to deposit my paychecks but monthly invoices, paying bills, checking on my accounts and doing transfers are sure nice from the lap top now. I have been converted. Not sure if I will do the app when I upgrade the cell phone. Probably have to if I want to EMT stuff.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:46 AM

Default I love it

Just paid my cell bill while sipping coffee under the palapa in san pancho mex
I love bill paying on due date
Early gives payee easy profit
Old 01-29-2024, 10:14 AM

On line banking is great, now other hackers can help you spend your hard earned money!
Old 01-29-2024, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
On line banking is great, now other hackers can help you spend your hard earned money!
Pretty sure your money is protected by CDIC (Canadian deposit insurance co.)
Started online banking during covid, best thing ever, I use VPN for added security.
Old 01-29-2024, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
Pretty sure your money is protected by CDIC (Canadian deposit insurance co.)
Started online banking during covid, best thing ever, I use VPN for added security.
Yeah the CDIC run by the same government that froze peoples bank accounts because they spoke out. I trust them completely. Just keep telling yourself that. Don’t worry your money is safe Justin says so.
Old 01-29-2024, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbound View Post
That bank machine is connected to the internet. All your money in the bank and all your info is online.

is that good?
Old 01-29-2024, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Yeah the CDIC run by the same government that froze peoples bank accounts because they spoke out. I trust them completely. Just keep telling yourself that. Don’t worry your money is safe Justin says so.
The CIBC is in the process of shutting down area branches like the one in North Lethbridge. It was a small branch that serviced a diverse clientele. Many clients have no access to online banking and paid their bills at the branch are delivered to them by Canada Post. The bank closure notice stated that for your
Convenience you can now do your banking at the CIBC Main Branch downtown Lethbridge. Hardly convenient for a lot of clients this area that have no internet access. It’s okay if a person can afford electronic devices and are comfortable using them. The removal of this branch is a pain in the ass for many local small businesses that are customers of CIBC and this closure will have an economic impact in this area of Lethbridge The Cash machine is gone too. I do online banking pay bills and stock trade, but the bank could care less about small accounts in this region. All part of the WEF Plan.
Old 01-29-2024, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59whiskers View Post
The CIBC is in the process of shutting down area branches like the one in North Lethbridge. It was a small branch that serviced a diverse clientele. Many clients have no access to online banking and paid their bills at the branch are delivered to them by Canada Post. The bank closure notice stated that for your
Convenience you can now do your banking at the CIBC Main Branch downtown Lethbridge. Hardly convenient for a lot of clients this area that have no internet access. It’s okay if a person can afford electronic devices and are comfortable using them. The removal of this branch is a pain in the ass for many local small businesses that are customers of CIBC and this closure will have an economic impact in this area of Lethbridge The Cash machine is gone too. I do online banking pay bills and stock trade, but the bank could care less about small accounts in this region. All part of the WEF Plan.
Convenient DEI. Inclusion on our terms LOL!
Old 01-29-2024, 01:39 PM

Quote:

Remember
And
That branch has been robbed several times

I’ve went in to get cash and had to physically move some transient people out of my way to use the machine

So the real reasons for closing that branch is more complicated

Just like they closed the 7/11 down near bye because they could not control the theft from the transient population

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2024, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Better look under the bed, justin the boogieman might still be hiding there whispering in your ear as you sleep.
Old 01-29-2024, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKILR View Post
Remember
And
That branch has been robbed several times

I’ve went in to get cash and had to physically move some transient people out of my way to use the machine

So the real reasons for closing that branch is more complicated

Just like they closed the 7/11 down near bye because they could not control the theft from the transient population

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s also part of the WEF’s plan.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makin tracks View Post
is that good?
Doesn't really matter if it's good or not. It's just the way our modern world works. One must learnt to adapt, protect themselves as much as possible and have back ups like cash available.
Old 01-29-2024, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Doesn't really matter if it's good or not. It's just the way our modern world works. One must learnt to adapt, protect themselves as much as possible and have back ups like cash available.
Bang on.
Old 01-29-2024, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
but it's not connected to my computer.
You said you don’t have your banking information online, but you actually do. It seems like you are trying to change lanes. Lol

Carrying cash is king.
Old 01-29-2024, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
Hold up……there’s still bank buildings you can go inside?! 🤣🤣🤣
Probably should not mention bank buildings and Hold up in the same sentence. lol

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:18 PM

"You will have nothing and be happy". It is all about control, they have it, you don't. Be afraid, be very afraid.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 01-30-2024, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish along View Post
So ive been with the Credit Union for 20 odd years,and i like to pay my bills in person at the bank..And now all of a sudden im not recieving any bank statements, and they say that i need to go online with a password to see whats happening in my account. Do i need to move to another bank or is this the norm .
Computers are very versatile. They can do more than just get you on Alberta Outdoorsmen...
Old 01-30-2024, 06:35 AM

From the banks point of view, online banking is cheaper and easier for them. From the government's point of view, it gives them total control over the citizens. And of course the WEF wants their puppets to have total control over us, because it gives them total control. The people that suffer most, are the seniors that don't have computers, for them , even getting an appointment to see someone at a bank can be a challenge. And having computer access, just makes it easier for scammers to steal from trusting seniors.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
From the banks point of view, online banking is cheaper and easier for them. From the government's point of view, it gives them total control over the citizens. And of course the WEF wants their puppets to have total control over us, because it gives them total control. The people that suffer most, are the seniors that don't have computers, for them , even getting an appointment to see someone at a bank can be a challenge. And having computer access, just makes it easier for scammers to steal from trusting seniors.
People bitch about self check outs as job killers, on line banking is arguably more so.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 01-30-2024, 09:25 AM

It's amazing how people want to do everything online from ordering underwear to groceries to buying a car, sit at home on your phone or tablet and click click they pay for it with CC or dedit on line, you buy something here on the AO and click EMT sent, tickets to a sporting event or concert click you got the tickets but when it comes to online banking they are hesitant and untrusting.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:13 AM

Quote:
There’s no way I’d walk out of that bank in that area with cash in hand! Or most places in Lethbridge these days.
Old 01-30-2024, 02:26 PM

Quote:
That bank machine is connected to the internet. All your money in the bank and all your info is online.
You don't have to keep your money in a bank ... you know in case the grid goes down or the bank's security gets hacked or a government locks your account because of your politics.... but neither of things can happen ..... right ?

Cash is freedom , cash is real , cash is independence .
Old 01-30-2024, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Be afraid, be very afraid.
Sounds reasonable and a grand way to live.
Old 01-30-2024, 07:09 PM

I worked downtown calgary 30 years ago so that is where my bank was. Visited a few satelite branches around town for deposits/paperwork drop off but sure i havrnt been in my branch for over 20 years
Old 01-30-2024, 07:57 PM

On-line banking makes it easier for Trudeau to freeze your account, if you don’t agree with him. Or to block on-line contributions you may try to make for organizations he doesn’t like.
And our banks just roll over to enable him to do it.

So you can manage your accounts and move funds online all you want - until you can’t!
Old 01-30-2024, 07:57 PM

I haven’t been to a bank in close to 15 years. Lived overseas and had to transfer back and forth a million times and all sorts of other transactions. 80% iPhone, 20% laptop. Online banking has been around long before any digital currency ‘conspiracy’ chatter.

If the government wants to freeze your account and you don’t have online banking, they don’t just give up lol - there’s LOTS of other ways they can get you. Unless you dont have a SIN number and have never paid taxes.

Sometimes change is good

Last edited by muirsy; 01-30-2024 at 08:03 PM.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
On-line banking makes it easier for Trudeau to freeze your account, if you don’t agree with him. Or to block on-line contributions you may try to make for organizations he doesn’t like.
And our banks just roll over to enable him to do it.

So you can manage your accounts and move funds online all you want - until you can’t!
They can freeze your account just as simple whether you use the feature or not. Everyone’s account is online.
Old 01-30-2024, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Sounds reasonable and a grand way to live.
Actually it is! I don't get duppet by every passing trend, or post things so I can be one of the "cool" guys.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 01-31-2024, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Actually it is! I don't get duppet by every passing trend, or post things so I can be one of the "cool" guys.
Online banking has been around for like 20 years, not sure how much of a trend it is at this point.