Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-31-2024, 06:55 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGFISH View Post
Typical large corporations mentality today. Spending more time and money on trying to train and coach management that can barely run their house never mind a business on non essential bull crap that adds no value to the customer. They have probably spent millions on Manufacturing Excellence or some other form of improvement instead of people doing their jobs. Let's spend more time in a meeting to hold another meeting and filling out job hazard assessment cards because of so many incompetent individuals in the work force. Rant Over!!. Lol
Lol....sounds like an oil company I once worked for....lol.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-31-2024, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOGFISH View Post
Typical large corporations mentality today. Spending more time and money on trying to train and coach management that can barely run their house never mind a business on non essential bull crap that adds no value to the customer. They have probably spent millions on Manufacturing Excellence or some other form of improvement instead of people doing their jobs. Let's spend more time in a meeting to hold another meeting and filling out job hazard assessment cards because of so many incompetent
individuals in the work force. Rant Over!!. Lol
It was bad enough before all of the climate change, and diversity crap, and now it's far worse, the actual work has become secondary, to all of the other nonsense, which makes running a business so expensive and inefficient. And governments are even less responsible than private businesses, because they don't have shareholders to answer to, they just increase taxes, and the voters complain, but re elect them anyways.
Old 01-31-2024, 02:49 PM

Epcor obviously not concerned enough to go after anybody using to much water. Counted 3 car washes open north side Edmonton. City buses are all clean, cabs clean,cop cars clean. Seen several city vehicles clean travelling around Rundel park looking for places to hide like they usually do but that’s another topic.
Old 02-01-2024, 06:45 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Could you imagine the uproar on this site/Edmonton if they actually enforced the restriction by shutting down portions of a business etc to reduce water usage?
Holy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-01-2024, 10:57 AM

It would be nice if they came clean and record actual situation. I suspect they must have a number of major large pumps moving this enormous amount of water. Question are the failed electrical controllers affecting All the pumps, just one etc. Then we might know when Our water will come back on.
Old 02-01-2024, 01:24 PM

My guess is the system is restored and they are just trying to get their reservoirs filled. If there was a real emergency, they would be much more concerned with restrictions.
Old 02-01-2024, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
It would be nice if they came clean and record actual situation. I suspect they must have a number of major large pumps moving this enormous amount of water. Question are the failed electrical controllers affecting All the pumps, just one etc. Then we might know when Our water will come back on.
Who else thinks this has something to do with bringing on all those solar panels just outside the water treatment plant?
Old 02-01-2024, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Could you imagine the uproar on this site/Edmonton if they actually enforced the restriction by shutting down portions of a business etc to reduce water usage?
Holy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could you imagine starting a business with a supplier that has a contractual obligation to supply you with goods, and then one day that supplier tells you to voluntarily shut down your operations because they can't supply, with no talks of compensation?
If I owned a car wash I wouldn't be closing shop either without someone putting on ink and paper who exactly is covering my losses.
Old 02-03-2024, 09:33 PM

The Southern region of Alberta, they are already talking THREE minute showers for the city of Calgary and others I am sure and water restrictions very, very soon.

There are ongoing talks with 3 or 4 of the water shed management systems and the Alberta Government to see how to use the water wisely this year.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 02-03-2024, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
The Southern region of Alberta, they are already talking THREE minute showers for the city of Calgary and others I am sure and water restrictions very, very soon.

There are ongoing talks with 3 or 4 of the water shed management systems and the Alberta Government to see how to use the water wisely this year.
They could stop making ice in the Saddle dome!

BW
Old 02-04-2024, 05:41 AM

I washed my quad still ran the dish washer and showed. I pay top dollar for my services ill be damned if im not because of there shotty organization.When i worked for the city on the epcor trucks. It was put the new new radio in but the loose ujoints push it to the next service what a joke.
Old 02-04-2024, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post

Wonder if golf courses will have restrictions? Asking for a friend...