Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-31-2024, 11:11 AM

Talking to a bank teller recently. She said lots of people still use cheques and use tellers very frequently and the bank doesn’t mind at all. My monthly bills are handled by auto debit with credit card including paying off card every month. So I have no need to go into bank. So far I’ve had no problems not using all this on line stuff.

I’m scared Im not computer literate enough to use online banking and I don’t feel I could protect my self. I’m to slow now to learn, my mind ain’t so good anymore. I would worry someone would steal my phone with my bank info on it and especially my tablet and all this I cloud stuff I don’t under stand. Stuff floating around somewhere I can’t control.. if I was a young guy I’m sure I would be more than likely to use on line banking stuff.
Old 01-31-2024, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muirsy View Post
Online banking has been around for like 20 years, not sure how much of a trend it is at this point.
Firearms use to be in the back of every pickup window with shooting ranges in the basement of every Legion and Scout hall. But we all took the bait under the last Turd'o Government and look where we are now? So you can trust, I do not!
The trucker convoy fiasco should have opened some eyes but apparently not.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 01-31-2024, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Firearms use to be in the back of every pickup window with shooting ranges in the basement of every Legion and Scout hall. But we all took the bait under the last Turd'o Government and look where we are now? So you can trust, I do not!
The trucker convoy fiasco should have opened some eyes but apparently not.
Whether you have online banking or not, the government can freeze your entire life if they want to (which is B.S and I don't agree with it).

Unless someone has their entire life savings in a vault, none of it is 'safe'
Old 01-31-2024, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muirsy View Post
Online banking has been around for like 20 years, not sure how much of a trend it is at this point.
Longer than that, I've been using online banking since 1994 and never had a security issue. There was a big hub-bub back in the late 90's when every major bank closed down 1/3 of their branches, leaving many smaller communities without banking, that's when credit unions stepped in to pick up the slack.
Old 01-31-2024, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish along View Post
So ive been with the Credit Union for 20 odd years,and i like to pay my bills in person at the bank..And now all of a sudden im not recieving any bank statements, and they say that i need to go online with a password to see whats happening in my account. Do i need to move to another bank or is this the norm .
I'm not sure if anyone else has said this but I go to post office and pick up bills. Then to the bank and pay my bills and do whatever I need done with the teller. I just get my teller at my bank to print me out a statement every month. I also dont use debit or credit cards. With cash I can keep track.
When I get these good news we have gone paperless letters I call them up and tell them to mail me a bill or I won't pay it.
Old 01-31-2024, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
I miss going into the bank and getting chewed out for not filling in my deposit slip correctly...
I used to enjoy the 45 min wait while 2 out of about 12 wickets were open.