Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-03-2012, 12:05 PM

Default Rampage XT

I guess I'm a little behind the curve with things but year I decided to buy a new bow. ( Rampage XT ) My old bow was an older Hoyt Laser tek and I was quite happy with it. There was a 10, 20 and 30 yrd pin etc..

Now the new Rampage. One pin for 10 to 30 yards and it hits a 4" circle without skipping a beat. In a way it screws me up in that I'm so used to using three different pins I forget to use just the first one.

All I can say is that this bow seems to be a massive improvement. Dead in the hand, quiet and easy as hell to put arrows into tight little groups and one pin to 30 yards.

The Rampage isn't even a speed bow compared to others out there. Way to go Hoyt you've made a great product. Now if you could install some buck magnets in the riser it would be perfect.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagewsm View Post
I guess I'm a little behind the curve with things but year I decided to buy a new bow. ( Rampage XT ) My old bow was an older Hoyt Laser tek and I was quite happy with it. There was a 10, 20 and 30 yrd pin etc..

Now the new Rampage. One pin for 10 to 30 yards and it hits a 4" circle without skipping a beat. In a way it screws me up in that I'm so used to using three different pins I forget to use just the first one.

All I can say is that this bow seems to be a massive improvement. Dead in the hand, quiet and easy as hell to put arrows into tight little groups and one pin to 30 yards.

The Rampage isn't even a speed bow compared to others out there. Way to go Hoyt you've made a great product. Now if you could install some buck magnets in the riser it would be perfect.

I love my XT as well. I start my pins at 30 as well.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:53 PM

I shoot the crx, which is the same bow, but with a machined aluminum riser, as opposed to the cast aluminum on the rampage! I love mine as well! Hoyt makes a nice bow!
Old 08-03-2012, 03:46 PM

I love my xt great bow
Old 08-06-2012, 10:12 AM

I also shoot a xt and love it it's a great bow
Old 08-26-2012, 09:02 AM

hey guys, i mentioned in another thread that im interested in the rampage, but i can't find anywhere how much one of these things retails for.
any help would be great!
thanks a lot.
Schian
Old 08-26-2012, 11:47 AM

I got mine off of archery talk. Put a WTB and a dealer responded. Can't remember the exact price but after paying for the bow,shipping, adding new sights, rest, stabilizer, and getting a local shop to tie in a peep I've put around $800 into it.

I'm pretty sure the bow was under $500 US. This may or may not be a good deal but I'm satisfied.