Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-09-2019, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
At 60m too
Musta hit shoulder bone on the impact side.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:30 PM

Default Creedmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
I thought the 6.5 Creed and those ELDX things were invincible, defeated by needing a second shot on a gopher? Say it isn't so.
Not to worry,the t3x has a 10 shot clip thats makes up for,any short comeings that the shooter may have.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:33 PM

Default 6.5 Creedmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Musta hit shoulder bone on the impact side.
Actually it was a horrible leg wound,he would have died anyway,it was the humane thing to do.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:37 PM

Just a minute, Haveing you replace everything--wow you have a new rifle---wait a minute still useing the old butt plate--OK I get it.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:23 PM

Of course,The same as it takes to be a consistant trophy hunter,thats exactly the point--The rifle standard issue,the bullets regular issue---Put this combo in the hands of a deadly human hunter--used the conditions he had to work with to maximun effect.an expert at concealment--judgeing distance--nerves of steel--the quarry shot back.He was fighting for his homeland.The man--not the rifle.I shot over 40 deer with an off the shelf savage in 243 cal,wounded very few.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteman View Post
Just a minute, Haveing you replace everything--wow you have a new rifle---wait a minute still useing the old butt plate--OK I get it.
??? nothing has been replaced on my rifle, only added because they do not come with sights or a rail even , and yes the butt plate is factory in the pic but I have since switched it out for an Anschutz hook and the sling replaced with a palm rest for 300 meter International shooting
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 09-09-2019 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
That for sure is true.As a long term hunter,Its not about a better rifle.The rifle is the easy part.The hard part is to determine were the game is,and how to get in ethical range.The consistant takeing of trophy game,comes down to a lot of hard work and observation,persistance,endurace,and every now and then luck.The 6.5 creedmoor is a tool I carry,and use well.
FYI unless your first name is Jim last name is shockey don’t at like it is
I’m glad to hear that your in love with your new rifle
But your not reinventing the wheel nor are you the first person to shoot a tikka or a creedmoor
I’d go easy on the lecturing. It’s obvious you don’t really know what your talking about
Old 09-09-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
The hornady 143eldx 6.5 creedmoor, at 2600 fps gets the job done.

Why limit yourself to 30 yard shots tho? 😁
Old 09-09-2019, 07:44 PM

Default 6,5 creedmoor

Quote:
FYI unless your first name is Jim last name is shockey don’t at like it is
I’m glad to hear that your in love with your new rifle
But your not reinventing the wheel nor are you the first person to shoot a tikka or a creedmoor
I’d go easy on the lecturing. It’s obvious you don’t really know what your talking about
Carried a Browning 30-06 for almost 30years now that was a good rifle-Dropped moose and caribou like rag dolls.180gr win lead tip bullets,the most effective.Weaver 4 power tip off mounts,for Quick tip off to iron sites when scope fogged up,during bad weather--The best killsa 32point Bull moose near Capehaden,and a fly in on the long range mountains,and a huge Caribou went down with one shot.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:54 PM

Funny you should mention that only yesterday,bow hunting behind Cochrane,I walked upon a huge doe,33m at the split second of release,she bolted--Darn I wanted that one to put some fresh meat in the freezer.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:22 PM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Funny you should mention that only yesterday,bow hunting behind Cochrane,I walked upon a huge doe,33m at the split second of release,she bolted--Darn I wanted that one to put some fresh meat in the freezer.
I dont think anyone mentioned that lol
But hey, why not tell us
Old 09-10-2019, 10:30 AM

I guess you missed the 270 guy,who mentioned 30 yd shots--As long as were on the subject,i cart wheeled a running cow moose in thick brush at less than 30 yds, with a 12ga slug--right place right time,luck sometimes a factor when hunting.Another time,only about a mile from my house in the goulds,I met a young bull,about 20yds running towards me down a path,again dropped him with a 12 ga slug.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
I guess you missed the 270 guy,who mentioned 30 yd shots--As long as were on the subject,i cart wheeled a running cow moose in thick brush at less than 30 yds, with a 12ga slug--right place right time,luck sometimes a factor when hunting.Another time,only about a mile from my house in the goulds,I met a young bull,about 20yds running towards me down a path,again dropped him with a 12 ga slug.

I get a kick out of your stories coyote. We can't all be Hemingways.

Was just kidding 're the Creedmoor. I know they're capable. I'd probably own one but I stepped up to a real cartridge, 25-06, plus I don't have enough Club Z points.
Old 09-10-2019, 09:51 PM

Default 25-o6??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post

Was just kidding 're the Creedmoor. I know they're capable. I'd probably own one but I stepped up to a real cartridge, 25-06, plus I don't have enough Club Z points.
Naaaaa Hemingway woulding get sqat--On highway 40 during opening day of the deer season---hahahahahheheheheh.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:33 AM
Banned

I hope you get a couple critters with your creedmoor
Im using the 147gr for my creed also
My load is using H4350 lapua brass and cc450 primers
It’s only running at 2611 FPS but sd of like 2 and es of 5 out of my bergara
Tikkas are nice but lack the availability of aftermarket parts
I threw a tt diamond on mine and it’s a well under a half now rifle
But I think I’m just going to use my 6.5x284 for hunting this year again
I have a great load with the new 156gr Berger eol
And the 400 FPS advantage with the same accuracy is a no brainer
Old 09-11-2019, 11:50 AM

Now I’m confused.. is this thread about the Tikka T3X in the 6.5 Creedmoor or about the awesomeness of coyoteman??? Ether way thanks for the read...

Jim...
Old 09-11-2019, 12:01 PM

Default Creedmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter1234 View Post
Now I’m confused.. is this thread about the Tikka T3X in the 6.5 Creedmoor or about the awesomeness of coyoteman??? Ether way thanks for the read...

Jim...
The gentleman is passing on Valuable imformatiion--No doubt accumulated through years of practice,trial and error.The purpose to improve the accuracy on the range and in the field.I hope this helps with your confusement.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:08 PM

Default Sept 17

Quote:

Jim...
Quote:
I hope you get a couple critters with your creedmoor
Im using the 147gr for my creed also
My load is using H4350 lapua brass and cc450 primers
It’s only running at 2611 FPS but sd of like 2 and es of 5 out of my bergara
Tikkas are nice but lack the availability of aftermarket parts
I threw a tt diamond on mine and it’s a well under a half now rifle
But I think I’m just going to use my 6.5x284 for hunting this year again
I have a great load with the new 156gr Berger eol
And the 400 FPS advantage with the same accuracy is a no brainer
September 17 just next week--And for sure you are field ready.When that big buck comes into view,you will be confident that the bullet will hit exactly were you are aiming.Time on the range well spent.Unfortunately that is not the case for many hunters.Good luck.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
September 17 just next week--And for sure you are field ready.When that big buck comes into view,you will be confident that the bullet will hit exactly were you are aiming.Time on the range well spent.Unfortunately that is not the case for many hunters.Good luck.
Yes I’m well aware of the importance of range-time with your rifles. I own dozens of Tikka from the new T1X in a .17 up to the 338win. I do all my own reloading on all my centerfire rifles and love spending range time with them. My favorite would be my T3 Vermont in the 7mm I have rigged up as my 1,000 yard long ranger.
I just hope and pray that if I’m ever in a situation where I have a rogue gopher at 60 meter I can hold it together enough to make a one shot clean kill. Remember practice makes perfect...

Jim..

FYI.. I’m just funnin with ya coyoteman.. good luck this hunting season..
Old 09-11-2019, 05:01 PM

Default 6.5 creedmoor

Quote:
Yes I’m well aware of the importance of range-time with your rifles. I own dozens of Tikka from the new T1X in a .17 up to the 338win. I do all my own reloading on all my centerfire rifles and love spending range time with them. My favorite would be my T3 Vermont in the 7mm I have rigged up as my 1,000 yard long ranger.
I just hope and pray that if I’m ever in a situation where I have a rogue gopher at 60 meter I can hold it together enough to make a one shot clean kill. Remember practice makes perfect...

Jim..

Good natured banter,and ribbing are part of the forum fun.Just for the record
I keep records for the farmers I shoot gophers for--The count for the past 5 years is 10800.The farmers,most likely dont know my name,theyrefer to me as the gopher man.mostly in the standard area.I once shot 20 gophers,wth 18 shots, two doubles.And on the southern shore once killed two moose with one shot,a calf was hidded behind the cow the 30-06 bullet,went thru and broke a leg,I was able to recover.You hunt long enough .these things happen. Remember use those shooting sticks,breath and squeeze.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:16 AM

Default Twoonie club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post

Excellant,You seem an excellant candidate for my twoonie culb--Take the centre out of a twoonie at 100m,If your fancy rifle up to it then youget a chance to join the elite loonie club ----100m---200m
Old 09-23-2019, 10:21 AM

Default Twoonie Club

Quote:

Jim..

You seem an excellant candidate for my twoonie cub--Take the centre out of a twoonie at 100m any cal.Then you get a chance to join the elite twoonie club,Toonie 200m 300m---etc.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:27 AM

Default Twoonie club

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
??? nothing has been replaced on my rifle, only added because they do not come with sights or a rail even , and yes the butt plate is factory in the pic but I have since switched it out for an Anschutz hook and the sling replaced with a palm rest for 300 meter International shooting
Cat
Yes in deed. Another good candidate for my twoonie club--Simple to join--Take the centre out of a twoonie at 100m Any cal.Then you get a chance to join the elite toonie club,Twoonie 200m 300m etc.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:31 AM

Default Twoonie club

Quote:
The gentleman is passing on Valuable imformatiion--No doubt accumulated through years of practice,trial and error.The purpose to improve the accuracy on the range and in the field.I hope this helps with your confusement.
Another excellant candidate for my twoonie club--Simple to join take the centre out of a twoonie at 100m any cal---Then you get a chance to join the elite loonie club--Loonie 200m--200m etc.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Another excellant candidate for my twoonie club--Simple to join take the centre out of a twoonie at 100m any cal---Then you get a chance to join the elite loonie club--Loonie 200m--200m etc.
you should stick to paper targets

Section 456 of The Criminal Code of Canada says: "Every one who (a) defaces a current coin, or (b) utters a current coin that has been defaced, is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction."
Old 09-23-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
You remind me of another Coyote something or other that used to be on here. He also had a very exclusive club going,'cept his entry qualifications weren't quite as high. Got a two hundred yard Loonie to show us ?
Old 09-23-2019, 07:06 PM

coyoteman ... if you do a search in this forum for “coin shot challenge” you will see some dead toonies shot a few years ago. At 300m nobody took out a center but I thought the four consecutive hits with a 30-30 was pretty special.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:28 PM

Default See part two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
you should stick to paper targets

Section 456 of The Criminal Code of Canada says: "Every one who (a) defaces a current coin, or (b) utters a current coin that has been defaced, is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction."
Of course--See part two--Are you in or out--You only get one shot per try at the twoonie outline on a piece of paper--Send pictures.
Old 09-23-2019, 07:32 PM

Default See part two

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
coyoteman ... if you do a search in this forum for “coin shot challenge” you will see some dead toonies shot a few years ago. At 300m nobody took out a center but I thought the four consecutive hits with a 30-30 was pretty special.
Wow excellant hedge--Outline a twoonie on a white sheet of paper--with the centre black dot-,652.One shot only.send pictures, All cal--100m
Old 09-23-2019, 07:41 PM

Default See part two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salavee View Post
You remind me of another Coyote something or other that used to be on here. He also had a very exclusive club going,'cept his entry qualifications weren't quite as high. Got a two hundred yard Loonie to show us ?
I do not-But the 1st shooter who can do it, will be at the next level--The rules remain the same 200 m single sheet of paper one shot only loonie black dot outline.Thanks for the info are you in or out--1st calm day I will trying for stage two.