Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-02-2011, 05:41 PM

Default Buck lake any good for Ice fishing?

I have a buddy who won't stop talking about how good the fishing is at buck lake but before i decide to go there other than gull just wondering how it stands up. thanks for any tips or info
Old 01-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementzero View Post
I have a buddy who won't stop talking about how good the fishing is at buck lake but before i decide to go there other than gull just wondering how it stands up. thanks for any tips or info
i was out there on friday and caught a keeper walleye a couple decent whitefish... and 1 lonely pike
Old 01-02-2011, 06:28 PM

WA up in the north end of south buck
and got skunk
Old 01-03-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob1202 View Post
i was out there on friday and caught a keeper walleye a couple decent whitefish... and 1 lonely pike
what part of the lake you fishing on??
Old 01-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brohymn2 View Post
what part of the lake you fishing on??
i went on at buck lake estates then drove to the right off the boat launch about 500 yards down in 12 ft of water between 2 sets of reeds
Old 01-03-2011, 08:35 PM

buck estateson the south west corner of the lake?
Old 01-03-2011, 09:23 PM

How much snow on the ice? Any flood water? Anyone been out on the north end?
Old 01-04-2011, 08:19 AM

Always manage to catch a few smaller Pike, Walleye, and Burbot when I'm at South Buck. Get a keeper now and then. North and East portions of the lake seem most productive.

Never tried for Whites or Perch but the Whites are large and supposedly so are the Perch if you can find either. In the middle would be my guess.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:53 PM

My last adventure at buck on monday yielded a few results....

1 - arrived at lake aprx 8am.. drove to our spot from night before, and set up camp.... saw a few walleyes, and a few smaller perch and 1 jack... the only hungry ones had managed to release themselves tho.... damn barbless hooks

2- Almost had 2 heart attack, and thought we were going for a swim.... soo there we were sitting in our tent, going on 2 hrs, the fishing had slowed and were thinking about moving.. ice had been whining a little all morning.. but who doesnt early in the morning :P but the all of a sudden we heard thunder cracks and felt it vibrate our feet, immediately i thought the truck had fallen thru the ice.. it was parked about 20' away from the tent, we jumped up, inspected inside the tent ice briefly, exited tent, truck still standing, didnt see any gaping water lines, then thunder cracks again, almost had heart attack #2 and after a brief, brisk jog further away from the truck, but towards shallower water looked up and see a Large suv.. suburnban or yukon cruising across the ice in the middle of the lake doing 50+... what a douche!! i was (from that point on) hoping he would come and ask how the fishing was going.... woulda got a suprise of his own!!!

3 - Moved far away from said douche ... set up again, tip ups got into a few borderline pike, and 1 keeper about 70cm.... inside the tent we found a few walleyes, iced a couple smaller ones, and one keeper aswell, aboiut 50cm... Friend had a bussiness metting so we didnt get to fish the sunset, and left early...

4 - Ice is getting thicker .. took the tape to it and it was 18 - 20 " everywhere we fished
Old 01-05-2011, 05:10 PM

Location: depends on what day you ask and how the weather is... ;)

Was up on North Buck by the prov camp ground on Jan 2nd with about 2-3 inches of flood water and 10 - 12 inches of ice. fishn was alright but nothing worth talkn about.