Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-17-2011, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
What is the plural of PM?
I know the answer I'll pm it to you.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 08-17-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
What is the plural of PM?
Some of us have foresight, Red...
Old 08-17-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Some of us have foresight, Red...
im tired
Old 08-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by best guide shawn homeniuk View Post
hey, who is going fishing tomorrow,besides me
PM sent
Old 08-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavCanoe View Post
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet... Reason some people post PM sent is because there are forums that don't auto alert members of PMs(and also people that shut off auto alerts) and as such often miss PMs. Pm sent is a reminder for the person to check their PMs.

Asking for someone to send a PM for more info etc limits the amount of people receiving said info. The info doesn't become public and only a handful of other people may ask for the same info. I think you may be surprised how many people just don't bother asking even though they may be slightly interested or because they don't want to bother registering.
#1 if you post pm me for more information then you should turn yer friggin alerts on and you should check your PMs if there is no alerts

#2 is there really anything said on this forum that is that important that it must be kept secret for the world
Old 08-17-2011, 04:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
#1 if you post pm me for more information then you should turn yer friggin alerts on and you should check your PMs if there is no alerts

#2 is there really anything said on this forum that is that important that it must be kept secret for the world
i wish to live in a world where your baby blue underwear fell into that catagory
Old 08-17-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post

1) For some people it is just habit as other sites don't give alerts at all.

2) Top quality fishing spots are few and far between here. If someone is willing to share a hint with me I would prefer it be by pm then posting on the board for everyone else to see. Speaking of which if anyone knows of some jumbo perch locations I am all ears
Old 08-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavCanoe View Post
1) For some people it is just habit as other sites don't give alerts at all.

2) Top quality fishing spots are few and far between here. If someone is willing to share a hint with me I would prefer it be by pm then posting on the board for everyone else to see. Speaking of which if anyone knows of some jumbo perch locations I am all ears
Biggest perch you ever seen anchor right beside the first buoy just outside east end of Iroquois locks
Old 08-17-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Had a friend from Saskatchewan, hope that's not racist, He would come back from a fishing holiday and say they caught no pike because the pike lose all there teeth in summer so for 4 or 5 weeks they won't bite.
so if you've ever been swimming in a pike lake and noticed the white bottoms, either someone has lost their trunks or he was correct.

He was quite a hunter as well. One day while I was glassing a high basin full of willow, he informed me it was a total waste of time as any fool knows that elk will not go into willows. So like a fool I asked why. 'Cause when they try to eat the grass, they poke there eyes out on the willow stubs that the moose left when they were browsing. And here I thought those were wild crabapples sticking on the willows when all along they were elk eyes. I need better binos.
Maybe I should start a society for saving the blind elk.

I see what you are up to here secret agent Chubb. all this questioning about PM and secrets. You are trying to find the hidden agenda.

innocent as ALWAYS
Old 08-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Banned

I'm PMing My self!!! Over and over and over and over.

PLUS 1 to count
Old 08-18-2011, 09:52 AM

i.
B.
T.
L.