Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-30-2018, 09:09 AM
Banned

Default Soiler fans

Fans of that “tire fire” about 3 hrs north of here should be spending their time washing and ironing their sweat pants in preparation for their annual Draft Lottery parade
Old 12-30-2018, 09:19 AM

Default Ha!

So That’s how the ignore list works...

Pretty cool... smells better in here already.

Tkachuk probably knows that, aside from Bennet, he’s kind of alone out there when he keeps doing the rat-pest stuff.

He might wait till he gets some size...of he’s a lil bit injured...the pest role and front of the Net role sure shortens a guys career.

Still don’t approve of that name..... funny sounding.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 12-30-2018, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post

Tkachuk probably knows that, aside from Bennet, he’s kind of alone out there when he keeps doing the rat-pest stuff.

He might wait till he gets some size...of he’s a lil bit injured...the pest role and front of the Net role sure shortens a guys career.

Old 12-30-2018, 09:29 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink Good win boys

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-30-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:

Yup, the Ignore function really cleared up threads for me too.

As for the name, totally agree it's an odd one. And you can say it so many different ways and it's still...odd. Right?

You can say it slow....kaaaaa-CHUCK! Or KAH-chuck....or Ku-tchuck...or...you get my point.

Weird name for sure Rob...

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-30-2018, 10:01 AM

Default Heh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Yup, the Ignore function really cleared up threads for me too.

As for the name, totally agree it's an odd one. And you can say it so many different ways and it's still...odd. Right?

You can say it slow....kaaaaa-CHUCK! Or KAH-chuck....or Ku-tchuck...or...you get my point.

Weird name for sure Rob...
......lol
Old 12-30-2018, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy View Post
Hey man, Everyone is entitled to a safe space!, get with the times man!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DzU05QmJMDg
Old 12-30-2018, 12:50 PM
Banned

This is what I noticed at last nights game. The damn puck was jumping over everyones stick, back passes were going right when the trailing player was going left. Some crappy unlucky calls. Spurts of energy but overall lucky to get one point. It just was not the Flames night. Very cool to see 2 Shorthanders. Love the 3x3 overtime format. Lineups were long to get beers, company I took was fun and pretty I might add. I also figured out free parking at the Dome! Did I mention my date was pretty???

Next up for me is New Years Tickets.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:10 PM

Fun and pretty is a good combo. As opposed to gorgeous psychopath, of which I have unpleasant memories.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-30-2018, 01:51 PM

I just hope Tkachuk doesn't go the way of Fernand. He was awesome the whole time he was crushing people, but as soon as he went top line and tried being the skill player, he stopped being Ferland.
Petterson is a great player, he will put up crazy numbers over his career .
Old 12-30-2018, 02:57 PM
Banned

I think that Benn and Seguin will be on the trading block. What the CEO of the stars did was beyond nasty. Thats not his job. Shut your mouth, shuffle some papers. You are in charge of the Popcorn guys and hiring the GM. The Gm hires the coach, the coach chews out players. I wouldn't blame the 2 of them for handing in their letters or perhaps even calling for a trade. Go sit at home and wait for a trade. It will severely diminish your trade value and screw over that lousy CEO.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:07 PM

Sequin got shipped outta Boston for a reason. I think the CEO finally said what everyone wanted to say.

But it was certainly stupid to say it from a trade value perspective.

Now Dallas has two potential Taylor Halls (sans Heart trophy potential).

Ego and too much party
Not enough team

I’d take Benn in a trade though.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:27 PM

Default Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I think that Benn and Seguin will be on the trading block. What the CEO of the stars did was beyond nasty. Thats not his job. Shut your mouth, shuffle some papers. You are in charge of the Popcorn guys and hiring the GM. The Gm hires the coach, the coach chews out players. I wouldn't blame the 2 of them for handing in their letters or perhaps even calling for a trade. Go sit at home and wait for a trade. It will severely diminish your trade value and screw over that lousy CEO.
I agree, to do this in public was just plain stupid.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:35 PM

The season is almost half over, and the Flames are one of two Canadian teams leading a division, and one of three Canadian teams with a good chance of making the playoffs. If they don't fall apart, they have a great chance to play in the post season.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:37 PM

Default Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
The season is almost half over, and the Flames are one of two Canadian teams leading a division, and one of three Canadian teams with a good chance of making the playoffs. If they don't fall apart, they have a great chance to play in the post season.
I sure hope you are right.

If.
Old 12-30-2018, 03:45 PM

Default Flames

Biggest problem, is we have a couple players, carrying too much of the load.
We need to spread it out a bit.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Sequin got shipped outta Boston for a reason. I think the CEO finally said what everyone wanted to say.

But it was certainly stupid to say it from a trade value perspective.

Now Dallas has two potential Taylor Halls (sans Heart trophy potential).

Ego and too much party
Not enough team

I’d take Benn in a trade though.
No one will take over their contracts with their crappy production...I’m happy he called them out...knows he can’t trade them....probably called every other GM twice before this.
Fact is, they’re acting like a couple of high-priced athletes without the production to back it up.
Dallas is screwed, especially if both decide to have a chip on their shoulders.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:16 PM

Default Flames

Sounds like now there is some drama, from Frolik agent calling out Peters, for scratching his client.. not a good thing to do.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoytCRX32 View Post
No one will take over their contracts with their crappy production...I’m happy he called them out...knows he can’t trade them....probably called every other GM twice before this.
Fact is, they’re acting like a couple of high-priced athletes without the production to back it up.
Dallas is screwed, especially if both decide to have a chip on their shoulders.
Wrong guy called them out. The CEO disrespected everyone. I hope the owner puts him out on his ear.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurly View Post
Sounds like now there is some drama, from Frolik agent calling out Peters, for scratching his client.. not a good thing to do.
Link???????
Not cool at all.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Wrong guy called them out. The CEO disrespected everyone. I hope the owner puts him out on his ear.
Several articles say the owner backs his decision to call them out.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:33 PM

Default Flames

Don’t know how to post a link. But there is 3 pages about it on Calgary puck.
Sounds like his agent Allen Walsh is a real loud mouth.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:35 PM

Default flames

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=171974
Old 12-30-2018, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
Several articles say the owner backs his decision to call them out.
I am wondering if that Stars owner goes to the school run by the Senators? No respect what so ever for a organization that runs its self like that. I am not saying they didn't deserve to be called out. I would have really no idea as I never watch them or even come close to following them. But the CEO??? Come one who the frig is this pencil pusher? Why didn't they have the guy who cleans the toilets come out and say something? The hot dog guy? Or perhaps the assistant manager of the team store? Horrible franchise.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Interesting read. Thank you.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:45 PM

Default Flames

Not sure ,how he thinks this will help Frolik any. He has been out quite a while with, a leg injury. One would think Peters, scratched, him because he wasn’t up to speed, compared to others. Must be something else, going on.I would rather see More Frolic, and less Ryan.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
I somewhat disagree. I think how he did it was wrong, but I have no issue with him doing it. When did it become wrong for a boss to call out his underperforming workers just because he isn't their immediate supervisor? This only made the news because of the words used and it's sports. The CEO of Coke calling out a plant manager isn't going to make the news but good for him for noticing and doing something.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:58 AM

Default Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I somewhat disagree. I think how he did it was wrong, but I have no issue with him doing it. When did it become wrong for a boss to call out his underperforming workers just because he isn't their immediate supervisor? This only made the news because of the words used and it's sports. The CEO of Coke calling out a plant manager isn't going to make the news but good for him for noticing and doing something.
There is a chain of command, that should have been followed. The CEO stepped out of that Chain, and made not only himself look foolish, but the Whole organization look foolish. He certainly didn’t help their trade value, should the team wish to go in that direction. I am sure he didn’t gain any respect from, the players involved, or the rest of the team. Can’t blame him, for being upset, but do these things in private. Going public was just plain stupid. I hope he is held accountable for it.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Praise in public criticize in private. Feel free to call them out as the boss any day of the week, but do it in private not in the media. Now if he had tried doing it in private and got no response then maybe, however, it does not sound like that happened.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:09 AM

Quote:
There is a chain of command, that should have been followed. The CEO stepped out of that Chain, and made not only himself look foolish, but the Whole organization look foolish. He certainly didn’t help their trade value, should the team wish to go in that direction. I am sure he didn’t gain any respect from, the players involved, or the rest of the team. Can’t blame him, for being upset, but do these things in private. Going public was just plain stupid. I hope he is held accountable for it.
So, hypothetically, if the owner of the company, as opposed to your immediate supervisor comes and tells you to pull up you shorts, that's wrong? Completely disagree with you on that. Like saying a principe has to walk by a fight in the hall and ignore it till the teachers have delt with it first.