Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-07-2015, 05:28 PM

Default Reloaders Rejoice - Save up to 25% on reloading supplies and equipment

Following up on our Canada Day Sale Event, we are now offering savings up to 25% on reloading supplies and equipment from brands like Berger, Barnes, Nosler, Hornady, Sierra, Redding and more.

Pricing will be in effect until July 14th and the full list of available products can be found here: http://www.grouseriver.com/Sale-Items/Reloading-Event

Sign up for our newsletter is also available on our site, and as these generally go out earlier in the day, would give any subscriber advance knowledge of current sales and new product arrivals.

As always, if you experience any issues, or have any concerns, please let me know by PM or send an email to GRcares@grouseriver.com

Best regards,

Justin Paterson - Community Ambassador
Old 07-07-2015, 05:38 PM

I have tried a few times to order from you online, but when I went to place an order, you didn't actually have the item in stock. I finally gave up on placing online orders with you. Does your site now represent what you actually have in stock?
Old 07-07-2015, 05:44 PM

Hi elkhunter11,

The short answer is yes. That was one of the most commonly heard issues with our previous site and as a result we've launched a new site that now indicates whether or not an item is in stock.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, or if there is any other information that I can provide you with.

Many thanks,

Old 07-07-2015, 08:46 PM

I find your sale prices to still be higher than many other reputable reloading stores in canada
Old 07-07-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mmremmag View Post
I find your sale prices to still be higher than many other reputable reloading stores in canada
Or all of them, well cabelas can be expensive for bullets too.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:01 AM

Soooooooo back down to regular price then?? Sorry to harp on a dealer post but when your prices are laughably high, it's not much of a reason to rejoice....

Btw another reloading shop can ship me 5 lbs of powder, 24lbs of bullets and hundreds of primers from BC for 20$ could you ever match that??

Just wondering.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I have tried a few times to order from you online, but when I went to place an order, you didn't actually have the item in stock. I finally gave up on placing online orders with you. Does your site now represent what you actually have in stock?
Had this problem many times as well. Gave up and probably wont try again.

Don't really care about the prices or sales prices much. When your site says you have something in stock, make sure you have it. It is not a hard concept, others seem to get it right.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:12 AM

I wouldn't normally comment on this type of thread and I am a strong advocate of supporting the smaller shops but given the title you posted under "Reloaders Rejoice" I do have to say some thing. Your sale prices are nothing I would rejoice over. If that is normal BC pricing I am REALLY glad I live in Alberta.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:07 AM

25% off Nightforce would get my attention and interest.

The Noghtforce dealer agreement includes a MAP (minimum advertised price),
I currently use the Grouse River site as a source for maximum advertised price.

Last edited by qwert; 07-08-2015 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:46 PM

Hi all,

Please know that I am 100% sincere when I say "thank you" for the feedback through your comments above. Apologies in advance for the long winded response, but I want to ensure I respond to each of the very important points made above.

To start, 7mmremmag and Faststeel, your comments are totally valid and are very much appreciated. Our goal is always to be priced in alignment with the market and while it should not be our customers job to let us know when we are off the mark, we do appreciate the feedback.

MadMarty911, there is no need to be sorry at all, and I appreciate the candid input as pertains not only to our pricing but the sale event name. While I can't speak to practices of the other retailer you mentioned, my initial response would be that based on the weight of the order, and the fact that explosives must be shipped through a carrier other than Canada Post (we generally use UPS), we would likely charge more than $20.00 to ship that order, though our objective is never to make money on shipping costs.

crazy_davey, experiences like yours were absolutely one of the main drivers behind the launch of our new website. Our site now has a stock status on every product, which is visible on the product page prior to an item being added to a cart.

Dean2, as with MadMarty911, I really appreciate the honest feedback. Geographic location does occasionally play a role (rent, wages, etc.) but we cannot use this as an excuse.

qwert, I think we can all agree that 25% off Nightforce would get most peoples attention! As others have articulated, I understand that in some cases our pricing is indeed higher than our competitors, but I did not believe this to be an issue when it comes to our optics, particularly a premium brand like Nightforce. That said, if there are instances where we are dramatically over priced, we do appreciate being notified and will generally do our best to match that price.

Again, thank you all for taking the time to chime in. We have identified areas in which our pricing was indeed out of alignment and are working as we speak to get the prices corrected and to have the pricing updated. I appreciate the opportunity to be able to dialogue with you on these issues, and am happy to continue to the conversation at any time.

Best regards,

Old 07-08-2015, 10:18 PM

Well you have my respect for the professional and personal responses. Especially with us that like to poke the bear from time to time.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:14 AM

I just placed an order for a MagnetoSpeed Sporter Chronograph the shipping was free, my last order 2 weeks ago arrived in 5 days. Its good to see a Canadian company with a website for a wide variety of reloading gear and supplies.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:11 AM

Justin.. Good on you for following up regarding your pricing. However, it is surprising to learn that you were not aware of current market pricing prior to establishing your own retail numbers. If you get them in line I would have no problem dealing with Grouse River. Until then ..
Old 07-09-2015, 09:22 AM

Let me add, right approach and good response. Glad we were able to be of help. Best of luck going forward.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:26 AM
Banned

thanks for the response, very professional.

i have one more problem. it's hard to navigate, i search sizes .224 .308 .243 .359 and nothing comes up i assume it's the same for the rest of the sizes

Tags
barnes, berger, hornady, nosler, redding