Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 10:36 PM

Angry P&D Enterprises Sales People be aware

Went to P & D today with the intention of buying a gun / scope etc if they had something that suited my needs and I must say the people who initially helped me were very polite and easy to deal with. That is until I asked a question and it was referred to Chris a salesman there. He returned with the most belligerent and assh&#le tone and response I have ever experience in any business circumstance. It left me extremely angry and had the staff helping me wondering what this guys deal was. I tried to talk to the managers but I guess they were at a gun show but was hoping to send an email there way. Does anyone have their email as I have never been treated like this before from any business.

PS. I did end up buying a gun and scope from them that day even though my first instinct was to walk out and send my business elsewhere, I stayed mostly because of how the original salesman dealing with me treated me. I will say that I am probably going to go back to mail ordering my guns.

Long story short this CHRIS guy needs to give his head a shake because treating a customer like this would usually mean a very short career in any other field.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:43 PM
troller

sorry to hear about your bad salesman.

"You can reach us by phone (780-420-6419), fax (780-420-1945), or e-mail"

mailto:

info@p-d-ent.com
Old 01-17-2009, 11:24 PM

Well there you go. You got right to the source. Thanks for the heads up. Nobody ever likes to deal with an *****hole when spending higher amounts of money on a new rifle. There is one of the few younger salesman at wholesale sports behind the gun counter who is slightly cocky as well.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:41 PM

[QUOTE=bowman077;248405]Went to P & D today... Long story short this CHRIS guy needs to give his head a shake because treating a customer like this would usually mean a very short career in any other field.[QUOTE]

I dont know about Chris, but I think their service has gone down from the early days. The thing they had going was good service, and actual stock, not empty shelves like WSS. I think you are lucky you got Chris not Diane. For the smaller stuff (reloading components, and other accessories)I used to go there first, now I check several shops before I go to them. And If I am doing a bigger purchase (rifles, scopes, rangefinder) I go to Bashaw Sports, a bit of a drive, but their service is second to none, and on most things their prices are great.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:45 PM

Exclamation Huh

Sorry to haer about that they are Really Very good at P+d to me i have had nothing but good times there bought several guns there I hopr Your next visit? will be a good one I find most of the guys a WSS hard to deal with with the exeption of a few Like Gorge Blake Etc
Old 01-18-2009, 07:13 AM

I've delt with P&D on numerous occasions.
Be it Chris, Diana, Phil, Ede, or any of their other staff, I'm always treated very well.

Phil and Diana are likely at the dealers show in Florida right now, and should be back by mid week. And I know they will answer your query as to the service you recieved.

I also know that will likely deal with your posting of your complaint on an open forum. As they have done in the past.

Not everyone can be all smiles and chuckles on a given day.

Have you ever worked in sporting goods? The inane number of poorly researched, and BS expounded by many patrons will test the patience of a Budist monk, trust me I've been there.

Until the folks at P&D chime in I think we should all chill out for a bit.

There are no absolutes
Old 01-18-2009, 08:22 AM
troller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post

Have you ever worked in sporting goods? The inane number of poorly researched, and BS expounded by many patrons will test the patience of a Budist monk, trust me I've been there.
That goes with any service business, there are no excuses for taking a bad day/ignorant person out on another customer IMO. I have owned a few bars in my day, so trying patience I know very well LOL

That being said, I have been treated very well by PD and am very interested in finding out the story behind the service bowman got.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by troller View Post
That goes with any service business, there are no excuses for taking a bad day/ignorant person out on another customer IMO. I have owned a few bars in my day, so trying patience I know very well LOL

That being said, I have been treated very well by PD and am very interested in finding out the story behind the service bowman got.
Sure there are expectaions when in the service indusrty, but lets face it expectations and reality are sedom in sync.

There are no absolutes
Old 01-18-2009, 08:38 AM

Sorry to hear about your dealings with P&D, but if it was that bad shop some where else. IMO the service has alot to do with the kind of day the staff member is having not that it makes it ok.
my 2 cents
G
Old 01-18-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowman077 View Post
Went to P & D today with the intention of buying a gun / scope etc if they had something that suited my needs and I must say the people who initially helped me were very polite and easy to deal with. That is until I asked a question and it was referred to Chris a salesman there. He returned with the most belligerent and assh&#le tone and response I have ever experience in any business circumstance. It left me extremely angry and had the staff helping me wondering what this guys deal was. I tried to talk to the managers but I guess they were at a gun show but was hoping to send an email there way. Does anyone have their email as I have never been treated like this before from any business.

PS. I did end up buying a gun and scope from them that day even though my first instinct was to walk out and send my business elsewhere, I stayed mostly because of how the original salesman dealing with me treated me. I will say that I am probably going to go back to mail ordering my guns.

Long story short this CHRIS guy needs to give his head a shake because treating a customer like this would usually mean a very short career in any other field.
I went there just after christmas to buy a zeiss scope.I must have had the same salesguy.I ended up leaving.I found a small store called Wildbird general store on 47ave/99st who is a swarovski dealer.excellent service
and they said theyll match prices if not beat them.There are other stores
that do care about service and want your business.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:54 AM

I recently purchased a new gun from P&D and let me tell you it was the worst experience ever. I purchased a new rifle over the phone, explaining which gun and model I wanted, everything went smooth until I received the gun ,opened the box to find the wrong model (older) but had the proper manual in the box. So back on the phone and I was told if I didn't want it send it back but they would not pay for shipping ($30) I asked how this could happen and the response was that they don't have time to open every box??? Well even Wal-Mart looks in every box you purchase!!! Too bad they didn't send me a Cooper in that box!! So sent it back (on my dime) and in a week received another package, this time was the correct gun but wrong, mismatched rings!!! ,back on the phone and was told to ship them back (on my dime) and they would replace them. So one month later I finally got what I initially ordered…....never again
Old 01-18-2009, 09:14 AM

Default p-d

i'm a new customer to p-d . phoned to order a new sako. CRIS was on the phone took my order. gave him my mastercard number. said he layaway the rifle for me. made the three hr. drive. to pick it up. when i got to p-d they new nothing about the lay away. the lady i dealt with said i sure hope we have the rifle in stock that you want.

long story short. i got the rifle but if i buy anymore guns from the them i will not deal with CRIS.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:13 AM
troller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Sure there are expectaions when in the service indusrty, but lets face it expectations and reality are sedom in sync.
I delt with reality everyday. I also had no problem in firing someone that would cost me future customers. No excuses in my books. But heck, 25 years of working in the service industry never taugh me a thing.

As you can see by posts under yours and mine....it is NOT an isolated incident. One bad salesperson can cost you more business than anything else out there.

*edit..my comments are in reply to Dick. I am in no way telling PD how to run their business.*
Old 01-18-2009, 10:37 AM

This is interestng.
I've not dealt with Chris myself, but one of our F&G memebes has, and said stuff I can't repeat here!!
I've bought numerous guns and other stuff from them over the years, and our club has purches several rifles for raffling as well, never a problem.....
Cat
Old 01-18-2009, 10:40 AM

Pbbffbbfffft.

Get over it. P&D has the best shop in town bar none, and everyone can have a crappy day or a crappy employee. The proper way about this isn't to bi*ch about them on a forum; the proper way to do it is back your clerk up and ask him what his problem is. If you don't like his answer you get the management out and you talk to them. If you don't like their answer - then you bring it here to the peanut gallery for comment. That is the only fair and business-like way to handle it.

Give them a break because they deserve that much, and they have taken very good care of alot of Alberta Outdoorsmen. In all liklihood the next time you go in there you will probably be treated like a king.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Banned

Default hmm

I bought a rifle and scope from Chris a few years ago and he was great to deal with. (younger bald guy?) Anyway, everyone has bad days, (no excuse like you say in a service industry). I've bought more than a few guns from P&D and have always gotten great service from them. (Come to think of it I have bought the majority of my guns from them).
Old 01-18-2009, 11:26 AM

......but you STILL bought the rifle?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowman077 View Post
That is until I asked a question and it was referred to Chris a salesman there. He returned with the most belligerent and assh&#le tone and response I have ever experience in any business circumstance.

What was the QUESTION you asked.....and what was his response? Im sure we would all really like to hear it

If it was really a big deal to you ...you would not have bought the gun.
Quote:

As you can see by posts under yours and mine....it is NOT an isolated incident.

Yep....and this forum has a habit of people all of a sudden joining the band wagon with pitchforks and boiling oil.

P&D and I have had our days.. but for the most part its the best in town. I will go to wholesale most times to save some money, but i go in knowing what i want and dont need anyones help, so it saves me the gried of dealing with some of the staff at WSS
Old 01-18-2009, 11:43 AM
troller

Maybe you missed the post where I said I have had good dealings for the most part.

And you hardly post here and are advertising another board in your sig, why does it matter to you?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Maybe you missed the post where I said I have had good dealings for the most part.

And you hardly post here and are advertising another board in your sig, why does it matter to you?
yes i did... and i didnt say anything about your good dealings.

your right i dont post here hardly any more, just like alot of the "classics" that have been here from day 1 of the old server.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:49 AM
troller

whatever

and I was on the old server too *roll eyes*
Old 01-18-2009, 11:51 AM

Nice Save
Old 01-18-2009, 11:58 AM
troller

Old 01-18-2009, 01:56 PM

Wink

ive spent a nice chunk of change at p&d. i find the staff to be great for the most part. i actually just bought a rifle there a week ago. i find there prices to be getting a little out of control though. probably my fault for not researching prices enough.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:21 PM

I find it odd that Chris is being pointed out specifically, i have dealt with him, and so has a good friend of mine, with no issues whatsoever. I actually found him to be very helpful for me, being new to handgunning, i can use helpful.

Beligerent *****hole on the other hand, can be used to describe half of the staff at milarm. I went in there a while back with a set budget to buy a 22 hornet (i was thinking along the lines of a savage mod 25 or a used ruger bolt action) i asked what they had for hornets, and he told me a ruger single shot (no 3, i believe, and a pre 64 Mod 70, high end model. I told him they were out of my price range and he replied with "why the f--- did i wast my time?"

That was when i walked out and i doubt i will ever return unless they happen to be the only place i can find something i need.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty P. Bucket View Post
Pbbffbbfffft.

Get over it. P&D has the best shop in town bar none, and everyone can have a crappy day or a crappy employee. The proper way about this isn't to bi*ch about them on a forum; the proper way to do it is back your clerk up and ask him what his problem is. If you don't like his answer you get the management out and you talk to them. If you don't like their answer - then you bring it here to the peanut gallery for comment. That is the only fair and business-like way to handle it.

Give them a break because they deserve that much, and they have taken very good care of alot of Alberta Outdoorsmen. In all liklihood the next time you go in there you will probably be treated like a king.

Give them a break?
Why would you go Back? I wouldn't spend another dime there, actually if the service was as bad as stated I can't understand why you would give them any business in the first place. Move on, lots of other dealers out there that have great service all the time and I know salespeople that can separate the BS without ridiculing a customer. Well placed comments may actually help out and they may learn something and begin spouting facts. I haven't met anyone yet who knew everything in the beginning but BS'ing with knowledgable people knowledge has a way of rubbing off.
Just my 2 cents
If Cris is having a hard time with customer questions he needs to look into a career change.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:45 PM

I am usually in favour of pointing out bad customer relations, I do however think it is somewhat bad taste to do it on a board like this, before the owners/management have a chance to deal with. Give Phil and Diane a chance to deal with your situation....and untill then, this witch-hunt is on pause.