Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-17-2009, 03:15 PM

Default Leupold knock-offs

I was chatting about Leupolds and thought I should post this info.

Keep your eyes open troops. I saw another "LEOPOLD" (not a typo made by me) last month. The lettering on the side of the scope is very similar to the older style used by Leupold on some of the earlier models of VX2 and VX1.

I was chatting with a buddy of mine south of the border that commented on some really legit looking scopes that were fakes. He said that on some of the better looking copies, one has to closely examine the turrets and adjustment markers. Same fellow mentioned one he had hands on that was lettered "LEUPLOD". Unfortunately, it sounds as though a few new shooters have been scammed.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:34 PM

Leupold posted this on their website a while ago: http://www.leupold.com/corporate/res...rfeit-warning/ I thought that most of the problem was with the Mark 4 line, but apparently not!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator View Post

"Leupold posted this on their website a while ago: http://www.leupold.com/corporate/res...rfeit-warning/ I thought that most of the problem was with the Mark 4 line, but apparently not!"

From the Leupold website . . .
"Leupold® is issuing a customer alert to purchasers of products, particularly via Internet sales, in regards to bogus Leupold products that are apparently being illegally imported from the People’s Republic of China . . . "
Old 01-17-2009, 06:47 PM

Those fake Leupolds have been going around for some time now. At least a year or so.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 01-18-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by wolves View Post
I was chatting about Leupolds and thought I should post this info.

Keep your eyes open troops. I saw another "LEOPOLD" (not a typo made by me) last month. The lettering on the side of the scope is very similar to the older style used by Leupold on some of the earlier models of VX2 and VX1.

I was chatting with a buddy of mine south of the border that commented on some really legit looking scopes that were fakes. He said that on some of the better looking copies, one has to closely examine the turrets and adjustment markers. Same fellow mentioned one he had hands on that was lettered "LEUPLOD". Unfortunately, it sounds as though a few new shooters have been scammed.
Not surprising shooters could be scammed, considering that a lot of people, including some of the pros, mispronounce the name that way.
Grizz
Old 01-18-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Not surprising shooters could be scammed, considering that a lot of people, including some of the pros, mispronounce the name that way.
Grizz
I've never heard anyone pronounce their name that way. LEE A POLD maybe, but never LUE PLOD.