Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-28-2020, 01:47 PM

Default AB's fair deal survey - have a say!

Alberta gov posted an online survey regarding their fair deal initiative:
https://www.alberta.ca/fair-deal-panel.aspx#p20919s2

"If life is tough, it's time to get stronger!" - Joel Runyon (reminder to myself)
Old 02-28-2020, 05:30 PM

I’m not sure if it will help or not but it only takes a couple minutes to fill out the survey
Old 02-28-2020, 05:48 PM

done one of the questions is wrong see if you can figure it out
Old 02-28-2020, 07:21 PM

You don't make 'deals' with a serial abuser - 'fair' or otherwise. You walk away.
Old 02-28-2020, 07:53 PM

I added I do not want to leave CPP. I like how they throw it in with two other things, NOT.

Thomas Sowell
Old 02-28-2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I added I do not want to leave CPP. I like how they throw it in with two other things, NOT.
I can see some hesitancy about leaving CPP, after contributing for 40 years. But if Aimco managed it and it was genuinely an armslength deal, not Kenny's piggybank, I wouldn't object. Look at what Caisse has done for QPP....really well managed and good returns historically. Right now, like in all else, Albertans contribute disproportionately to CPP, and help float other provinces with older and lower earning populations. We could contribute less, and get better returns....if managed properly with no political influence. And I will grant you that is a big IF.

I did survey. For what it's worth.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 02-28-2020, 09:48 PM
Banned

Easiest survey I have ever done, went to the Town hall here in Fort Mcmurray as well.
Old 02-29-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
We will probably get screwed out of by the feds anyway, keep it here and have a chance. They will have to pay us out on contributions.

We are already given different treatment for IE than other provinces. Meaning we qualify for less. What makes you think that we won't get less for CPP. I think they were planning on changing the name as well so its easier to deny. Federal benefit plan. Who do think will benefit? I doubt it will be vote poor Alberta.

I'm all for laying the groundwork of being independent. This country is sadly broken. Rule of law is laughable, there is no leadership or unity. Maybe it will get better with a new federal government, maybe not. Why not take the steps now to help ourselves?