Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-28-2020, 08:50 AM

Default Sitka apex pack ?

Does anyone have this daypack ? How is it ? I used to bowhunt with a tactical vest but I want more space . So I narrow my search to the apex pack and kuiu venture 1800
Old 02-28-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugEye View Post
Does anyone have this daypack ? How is it ? I used to bowhunt with a tactical vest but I want more space . So I narrow my search to the apex pack and kuiu venture 1800
What style of bowhunting are you doing? Mountain, prairie, stalking, treestand, still hunting? I think there are some great options depending on what you focus on.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:58 AM

I have a Sitka Flash 20, looks similar size the one you are looking at. Never had an issue with it when drawing back. Room for food and extra clothing but not much more. I think it will be fine for a day pack.

I went to a Mystery Ranch Pintler. I use it for bow and rifle hunting. It has better options for me, also fits way better. The Sitka now sits in the garage most of the time.
Old 02-28-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticcathinda View Post
What style of bowhunting are you doing? Mountain, prairie, stalking, treestand, still hunting? I think there are some great options depending on what you focus on.

All types . I have a multi day pack already. What I need is a pack for my day hunts . Lunch , rain gear, puffy vest, range finder , knife, water bladder , bugle tube, calls , decoy , etc . 2500cu inch tops. I don’t think a frame pack will work as I go through some really thick brush or windfall where I’m up and over or under trees
Old 02-28-2020, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugEye View Post
All types . I have a multi day pack already. What I need is a pack for my day hunts . Lunch , rain gear, puffy vest, range finder , knife, water bladder , bugle tube, calls , decoy , etc . 2500cu inch tops. I don’t think a frame pack will work as I go through some really thick brush or windfall where I’m up and over or under trees
The Eberlestock Gunslinger might be a good option for you. It’s narrow and won’t be too bulky for bushwhacking. Also gives the option of stowing your rifle to leave your hands free.
Old 02-28-2020, 09:52 PM

Too heavy and don’t hunt with a rifle . I have a eberlestock dragonfly I used it twice . Don’t like it at all . I hope I can sell it
Old 02-29-2020, 06:25 AM

Check out MR pop up day packs. Might be just what your looking for.
Old 02-29-2020, 06:32 AM

I've used the SITKA Flash 20 before for a handful of years bow and rifle hunting as a day pack. I'd expect the Apex to be a great pack given my experience with all Sitka day packs I've handled.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:26 AM

I think the MR pop ups would be the best if the bag had more Organization pockets rather than the two big pockets I am still researching them but the idea is fantastic
Old 02-29-2020, 08:29 AM

https://www.stoneglacier.com/collect...cts/avail-2200

-Billy Molls