Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-25-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slough shark View Post
$260 a day for staying in a camper rather than a hotel? that seems awfully steep to me, how expensive are hotel rooms in the area? It sounds like he is trying to find a way to line his pockets on top of getting payed. Perhaps pay his expenses + a little for staying in his camper rather than the hotel. I say try to find somewhere in the middle, cheaper than the hotel but a little to him for his troubles, just find out what that middle ground is, perhaps camping expenses+ $50 a day or something, I know I would be alright with something like that.
This sounds reasonable. A little on top of LOA that accounts for wear and tear on his trailer or motorhome, and the fact he's now the housekeeper. But it obviously has to be equal to or less than what the hotel room is or there's no reason to endorse it.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:12 AM

Default Charges for camper

Sounds to me that he is F$%%%^ing you.Sorry but he would be redoing his so called invoice or looking for a new job.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
This sounds reasonable. A little on top of LOA that accounts for wear and tear on his trailer or motorhome, and the fact he's now the housekeeper. But it obviously has to be equal to or less than what the hotel room is or there's no reason to endorse it.
Do you really feel he is entitled to wear and tear? Keep in mind he CHOSE this option over another company supplied one that provides a solid room, food and housekeeping, mileage/gas that wouldn't hurt his RV one bit. Different story if his only choice of accommodation is the personal trailer of course. IMO if he chose option B he should be on the hook for any cost above a reasonable option A with ALL payments factored in. If he is saving the company money by staying on site Vs commuting then he should still be paid a mileage allowance equivalent to what everyone else is getting. Not fair to use this as an excuse to nickel and dime him because he chose an option that happened to save some cash.

If this $260 includes a gas equivalent I guess it may not be that out to lunch depending on size of truck and length of commute and amount of driving during day. Gas ain't cheap and truck is likely big. Sans gas/mileage that seems way too much.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:04 AM

I pay my guys sub of 45 / day plus the hotel . Where)other then hotel) they choose to stay or what they eat its up to them; but thats all they are getting.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:06 AM

Flat rate sub, of whatever he would normally cost for hotel and meals (if included) is fair.

Wear and tear and his fuel/heating/cooking costs should not be applicable, if he deemed it advantageous to take his trailer down. The sub should more than cover that.

I would much rather camp in my own unit than stay at a fleabag hotel, but I would expect the regular living amount; no more no less. The company would be paying that amount regardless, but if I was pocketing $100/day after expenses to stay in my own accommodation, I would view that as a win.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 06-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Banned

you've gotten some good and reasonable suggestions as to what is fair. if one of my guys even tried that with me, he would be fired. i have no room for stupid in my company. if he is willing to try to steal from you right in front of you....what is he doing behind your back.....
Old 06-25-2013, 03:25 PM

I charge $50/day subsistence, $120/day trailer accommodation. I pay camping fees (usually 30 - 35/day)
If I hotel it it's $50/day subsistence, accommodations @ cost (usually 120 - 150/day)
I've set my rates this way for the last 8 years. I think it's fair for every one.