Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-02-2013, 12:15 PM

Not sure where you are located but there is a dermatologist in Calgary that "specializes" warts. I thinks his name is Hogben? Nitro's it first than lasers it. Do that every 1-2 weeks combined with Compund W and it will be gone in no time.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:58 PM

I suffered with plantar warts and all I can say is forget the home remedies... tried all but the cider vinegar that one seems intriguing....

See dr and get burnt off with liquid No2

I have used a home remedy by using a can of computer duster upside down and it works like No2 but be careful as it does instant freeze like No2
Old 05-02-2013, 05:11 PM

x2 on the apple cider vinegar
Old 05-02-2013, 07:26 PM

I put on a goob of compound W and then I lite er up with a match. It burns like crazy, I scream like crazy, wart is gone.

Dodger.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasycheeks View Post
Dehorning paste. It works. It's not overly user-friendly, but it works.
Yes it does.
Also a single bead of caustic worked for me but I don't recommend this.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:06 PM

My father used to say," filler with gun powder and lighter up !!!!That's what men did in my day anyway"......

Must have been tough back then!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:07 PM

He also used to say," if your going to be dumb, you better be tough"
Old 05-03-2013, 10:27 AM

My daughter has one on her toe for about 2 years now! Took her to Degroot dermatologist in Edmonton and tried every remedy the offered to no avail! The duct tape thing worked for awhile, but wasn't permanent. Family doc says he has a couple of options, will check them out! It's a stubborn MF'er!!

"She took all my money, she wrecked my new car, now she's with one of my good time buddies, and they're drinkin' in some cross town bar"!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:29 PM

Doc recently offered some meds.... pill form
But she warned it takes a while and they run 300+ a month
but it kills the virus from within.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billycap View Post
I have the cure my friend.. It's painless quick and cheap... I ended up with planters warts after a long stint up in a work camp called Mildred lake some years ago. I tried the drops of acid the funny doughnuts that go over the warts. Even went and had them frozen/burnt off at the doctors only to have them return again and again. Even tried digging them out myself which was more painful than I would like to remember. First off you need a jug of apple cider vinegar, some cotton balls medical tape and a package of new socks. Every night before bed wet a cotton ball with the vinegar place it directly on the wart and tape it into position. Put a fresh sock on over top and go to bed. Within 5 days my warts had turned black and died. Took some time for my body to fill in the hole but they never returned. When I moved to valemount a friend of mine decided shortly after to move here also. His son 7 or 8 was whining about his foot to his mom after I did a dinner at their place. I asked her about it and she seemed embarrassed to relay that her sone had a bad wart on his foot. I told the young fella to show me his dogs and he whipped of his sock to reveal the worst cluster of warts I've ever seen. They completely covered his baby toe. I counted atleast 25 individuals making up the cluster. She had taken him several times to have them removed by the doctor and every time they came back worse than the last. It took 3 5-7day doses of apple cider and the kids foot is perfectly fine. I don't imagine it will take more than 4-5 nights to kill a single wart. If u must go for a second round make sure to take a week off so the affected area does not become tender. I hope it works for u as it did me.
This is what I do as well, in fact, I have one on my hand that is now ready for the treatment. I had a wart on my middle finger that withstood and continued to grow after SIXTEEN liquid nitrogen treatments over 2 years. 4 days of cotton balls soaks in apple cider vinegar and taped to my finger during the night and it was gone and has never returned. It was the only thing that worked. 16 liquid nitrogen treatments that resulted in horrid blisters compared to 4 days of apple cider - pretty easy choice.

Remember to let it breath for a few hours each day. I treated mine before I went to bed then let it breath during the day until the following night. They will turn black and mine plucked right out with a tweezer. Depending on the severity, you may need to dig in there a bit. With my bad one, the body popped off after the first night, but I had to dig new root out every day for 3 days after treating all night. Also, don't be alarmed if the area looks like it got hit with a blow torch when you take the tape off in the morning - that goes away after you let it breath for a bit, and it is painless, maybe a tiny bit of discomfort at the worst.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefisher2885 View Post
This is what I do as well, in fact, I have one on my hand that is now ready for the treatment. I had a wart on my middle finger that withstood and continued to grow after SIXTEEN liquid nitrogen treatments over 2 years. 4 days of cotton balls soaks in apple cider vinegar and taped to my finger during the night and it was gone and has never returned. It was the only thing that worked. 16 liquid nitrogen treatments that resulted in horrid blisters compared to 4 days of apple cider - pretty easy choice.

Remember to let it breath for a few hours each day. I treated mine before I went to bed then let it breath during the day until the following night. They will turn black and mine plucked right out with a tweezer. Depending on the severity, you may need to dig in there a bit. With my bad one, the body popped off after the first night, but I had to dig new root out every day for 3 days after treating all night. Also, don't be alarmed if the area looks like it got hit with a blow torch when you take the tape off in the morning - that goes away after you let it breath for a bit, and it is painless, maybe a tiny bit of discomfort at the worst.
X2 i only did mine at night too. Ive read online recently that some ppl experience alot of pain but it seems that they are keeping it on all the time or continue after its turned black. When it turns black the wars over so stop treatment. 16x nitro? Hope you didnt have to pay out of pocket in a walk in clinic. Saw a nurse telling an old guy that ab health care didnt cover it at a walk in clinic a while ago. More money to be made in treatments than cures i guess.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billycap View Post
I have the cure my friend.. It's painless quick and cheap... I ended up with planters warts after a long stint up in a work camp called Mildred lake some years ago. I tried the drops of acid the funny doughnuts that go over the warts. Even went and had them frozen/burnt off at the doctors only to have them return again and again. Even tried digging them out myself which was more painful than I would like to remember. First off you need a jug of apple cider vinegar, some cotton balls medical tape and a package of new socks. Every night before bed wet a cotton ball with the vinegar place it directly on the wart and tape it into position. Put a fresh sock on over top and go to bed. Within 5 days my warts had turned black and died. Took some time for my body to fill in the hole but they never returned. When I moved to valemount a friend of mine decided shortly after to move here also. His son 7 or 8 was whining about his foot to his mom after I did a dinner at their place. I asked her about it and she seemed embarrassed to relay that her sone had a bad wart on his foot. I told the young fella to show me his dogs and he whipped of his sock to reveal the worst cluster of warts I've ever seen. They completely covered his baby toe. I counted atleast 25 individuals making up the cluster. She had taken him several times to have them removed by the doctor and every time they came back worse than the last. It took 3 5-7day doses of apple cider and the kids foot is perfectly fine. I don't imagine it will take more than 4-5 nights to kill a single wart. If u must go for a second round make sure to take a week off so the affected area does not become tender. I hope it works for u as it did me.
Ding ding ding we have a winner! Tried the apple cider vinegar and it worked. Warts are gone and have been for about 10 days. Highly recommend this. Cheap, painless and easy.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:32 PM

Default Sounds like it is a ....

Sounds like a Plantar wart and they are stubborn.
A trip to the Dr. or the dermatologist who will either use liquid nitrogen or an injection
of a certain type of cancer drug.
Seriously, that was discovered within the last 10 yrs.
But, in the mean time have your son wash the affected area really well and stop messing with it or it will spread and become more painful.
Go see your Doctor that is what he or she is for.
Rob
Old 06-20-2013, 09:37 PM

Had several on my feet (i suspect from a camp shower, now i wear flip flops)

Got them lazered off by a doc. actually fairly painful and they get sore after, but it only took 2 treatments and the b***ards were gone

instagram: @schrodo_of_the_shire
Old 06-24-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunted View Post
Ding ding ding we have a winner! Tried the apple cider vinegar and it worked. Warts are gone and have been for about 10 days. Highly recommend this. Cheap, painless and easy.
Good stuff, glad it worked for ya
Old 06-24-2013, 08:18 PM

Here's a different plan. Our son had a big wart on his foot. Tried the acid cream...no luck. Someone told us of a natural cure...Urine.
So we collected fresh urine in the morning and put it in a bowl. Told the boy it was apple juice. Two minute soak in the morning, 2 minute soak in the evening. Wart was gone on day 10 never to return.
Try it, it works
Old 06-24-2013, 08:28 PM

When was back in Elementary I got ton's of the little buggers all over my feet and I figured out where they were coming from. The School I was in made us go bare feet for Gymnastics and that was the time I got new one's every year... wear socks people! I could not get rid of them.. tried what I thought was everything, but then I got older grew some balls and just cut them out...
Old 06-25-2013, 04:25 PM

Default planters wart

Do take them seriously, my friend had a large one that would not go away, after years of n2 etc he had it cut out only to find it had turned to cancer.
They did a lot of cutting and after about 2 months in a walking cast he is back to work.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:29 PM

First night on the Apple Cider Vinegar, it has turned the wart black already. Thanks for the tips guys.