Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2013, 08:45 PM

Default Warts

My son 6yo has had a planters wart on his foot for like seriously 4 months. First we went to the pharmacist guy we know for stuff. He said he gave us the harshest stuff he could for a kid. Put that on for like a month every night. It is a very deep one and has roots way down. We would keep trimming dead skin and finally figured we had the root. It came back.

Tried again but this time got a little more aggressive with the cutting and wart remover. He seriousley has a bit of a hole in his foot but again we thought we had it. It came back

Someone told us use duct tape on it after trimming it. That hasn't worked. My son has been tough as nails but this routine is getting old.

Any idea's? Last resort before dr is involved and cuts it out.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:50 PM

Just had my 6 year old daughter go thru this and we finally went to the doc! Some liquid nitrogen she laughed when he did it and it fell out 10 days later! all good!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:51 PM

Doctor may be your best bet, sounds like it is in there.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:01 PM

With the hole and it all opened up.....take him to the doc for a burn with the liquid N2 that's should finalize it.

Warts are stubborn....I got one under my thumb nail once....it was horrible!

LC
Old 05-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Banned

I've had a couple on my hands over the years, i've cut them out carefully with a razor and managed to get the root.

They are caused by a virus. I've removed warts from kids feet by soaking it in hot water with epsom salts to soften it, then hit it with compound W.

Doc is probably your best bet if it keeps coming back...
Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 PM

Any idea's? Last resort before dr is involved and cuts it out.

Go out find a old bone, older the better rub it on the wart and forget about it. Soon it will be gone. My mother did this to one on my hand, I forgot it was there and when I remembered to look it was gone.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 PM

The duct tape needs iron filings under it. And it works. I think the concept is oxygen starvation.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:30 PM

Best thing is to cover it up, don't touch it and get it burnt off -- OFTEN. That'll keep it from getting out of hand. But in the end, warts are fussy and may just have to go away on their own.

My last wart lasted for a good 6 mos. of constant burns and compound W applications... Eventually I just cut my finger open to get it out. I don't recommend doing that here. I had to cut really deep to get everything, it hurt and bled a lot. But it solved my problem
Old 05-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Gone Hunting

I had a huge wart years ago I finally had to give her half my stuff to get rid of her.

Seriously, does he have any interest in becoming a pirate? If not I'd quit cutting his foot and take him to the doctor.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 05-01-2013, 10:02 PM

My Grandma bought one from me when I was a kid.

She gave me 25c and it went away

Worth a shot.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:05 PM

Me and my siblings got em as kids, what works is that while stuff that comes out when you pick a dandilion. put it on everyday.

It worked for everyone but my sister... what worked for her was coloring it with sharpy ink daily until it was dead.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:05 PM

With a big wart, doctor for sure. When i was a teenager i went to the doctor he told me thats probably the biggest wart ive ever seen on a hand. Gee thanks doc. Then he got out this thing that looked like an electric soldering iron and by electric arc and some dental tool loking thingy burnt and dug till the office smelled like charred flesh, and it never came back. I realized when you have a big job you better go to a pro
Old 05-01-2013, 10:07 PM

Thanks a lot guys. Looks like a visit to the dr. Is in order, but I just hate going to the dr. Office.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunted View Post
Thanks a lot guys. Looks like a visit to the dr. Is in order, but I just hate going to the dr. Office.
Get your wife to take him in.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:23 PM

X2. Hahaha

Savage LTWT Hunter 111 - 6.5x284 Norma
Old 05-01-2013, 10:28 PM

I have the cure my friend.. It's painless quick and cheap... I ended up with planters warts after a long stint up in a work camp called Mildred lake some years ago. I tried the drops of acid the funny doughnuts that go over the warts. Even went and had them frozen/burnt off at the doctors only to have them return again and again. Even tried digging them out myself which was more painful than I would like to remember. First off you need a jug of apple cider vinegar, some cotton balls medical tape and a package of new socks. Every night before bed wet a cotton ball with the vinegar place it directly on the wart and tape it into position. Put a fresh sock on over top and go to bed. Within 5 days my warts had turned black and died. Took some time for my body to fill in the hole but they never returned. When I moved to valemount a friend of mine decided shortly after to move here also. His son 7 or 8 was whining about his foot to his mom after I did a dinner at their place. I asked her about it and she seemed embarrassed to relay that her sone had a bad wart on his foot. I told the young fella to show me his dogs and he whipped of his sock to reveal the worst cluster of warts I've ever seen. They completely covered his baby toe. I counted atleast 25 individuals making up the cluster. She had taken him several times to have them removed by the doctor and every time they came back worse than the last. It took 3 5-7day doses of apple cider and the kids foot is perfectly fine. I don't imagine it will take more than 4-5 nights to kill a single wart. If u must go for a second round make sure to take a week off so the affected area does not become tender. I hope it works for u as it did me.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:37 PM

I found at my old house where I had a hot tub, that an apparent side effect of the bromine in the water killed 'em off; at least this is my guess as a few plantars warts utterly disappeared without any treatment. A few good soaks until you're pruney and that's all she wrote. A person with no hot tub could get some bromine pucks and one of those plug-in foot bath rigs to soak the affected hand or foot. From what I've noticed, plantars warts only seem to affect skin that has fingerprint striations such as the hands or feet. For me they seemed to show up on my hands after wearing leather gloves and getting them soaked in cutting oil when threading pipe, so I started using either fabric gloves or none at all. The chemical treatments never worked unless the area was pre-soaked and you abraded off the outer layers with an emery board or got slicey on the parasites with a razor.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 05-01-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:57 PM

Got rid of a couple on the feet with duct tape in the past. The last four I had were too stubborn for duct tape so have been going to dr every 3-4 weeks for liquid nitrogen and laser treatment. Two are gone and two remain but the end seems pretty close. Have been going for about 18-20 months. I think I will have to try some of these other suggestions to hurry it along.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billycap View Post
I have the cure my friend.. It's painless quick and cheap... I ended up with planters warts after a long stint up in a work camp called Mildred lake some years ago. I tried the drops of acid the funny doughnuts that go over the warts. Even went and had them frozen/burnt off at the doctors only to have them return again and again. Even tried digging them out myself which was more painful than I would like to remember. First off you need a jug of apple cider vinegar, some cotton balls medical tape and a package of new socks. Every night before bed wet a cotton ball with the vinegar place it directly on the wart and tape it into position. Put a fresh sock on over top and go to bed. Within 5 days my warts had turned black and died. Took some time for my body to fill in the hole but they never returned. When I moved to valemount a friend of mine decided shortly after to move here also. His son 7 or 8 was whining about his foot to his mom after I did a dinner at their place. I asked her about it and she seemed embarrassed to relay that her sone had a bad wart on his foot. I told the young fella to show me his dogs
and he whipped of his sock to reveal the worst cluster of warts I've ever seen. They completely covered his baby toe. I counted atleast 25 individuals making up the cluster. She had taken him several times to have them removed by the doctor and every time they came back worse than the last. It took 3 5-7day doses of apple cider and the kids foot is perfectly fine. I don't imagine it will take more than 4-5 nights to kill a single wart. If u must go for a second round make sure to take a week off so the affected area does not become tender. I hope it works for u as it did me.
One of my Nephew's is having a problem like that. I'm going to get my sis to try this on him. Thanks!!
Old 05-02-2013, 12:33 AM

I have some Salicylic acid patch that i put on the wart cover and secure it with hockey tape , 5 days later can't feel the wart as i pull off the tape the wart falls out.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:54 AM

Dehorning paste. It works. It's not overly user-friendly, but it works.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:20 AM

The wife tried Gorilla glue and duct tape. Worked like a charm
Old 05-02-2013, 07:55 AM

Doctor with liquid nitrogen. My 6 year old boy got them on both his feet-had to be from a trip to the pool. Took him in, most were gone after the first time, some took a 2nd spray about 10 days later....ALLS GOOD !!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:07 AM

Onegirl, I forgot to add that this is only to be done at night. Each morning just remove everything and let the area breath for a few moments before continuing with usual routine. No need to scrape or touch the area at all. When the wart is dead just leave the body to heal it. Not sure what's in apple cider vinegar but that particular virus cant stand up to it. Plain vinegar has little effect. Best of all it painless, I can remember looking at a small cluster on my foot that were so black after day 4 I would have sworn someone put a cig out on the bottom of my foot yet it didn't hurt at all.

Good luck with your nephew
Old 05-02-2013, 08:38 AM

My husbands cure for warts is bury a string in a manure pile by the light of the full moon. When the string is gone, so will the wart be gone.

Seriously though, if it is a PLANTARS wart, I would be going to the doctor ASAP. My grandma had one on her knee and the roots wound around the joint so badly that she actually had to have her knee removed. Also an unusually aggressive wart though.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:43 AM

http://www.apple-cider-vinegar-benef...r-vinegar.html
Old 05-02-2013, 10:22 AM

I am with Billycap. Use Apple Cider Vinegar. I have used it on a couple warts with success. Cheap, easy, and no waiting lines at the doctors office.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:29 AM

put an asprin on the wart and hold it in place with a band aid, do this at night when its bed time.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:57 AM

I hope that cider works for ya... I had a wart on my little toe that was so big it bulged out the leather in my oxford shoe.

They tried everything, I tried everything...

Ended up at a dermatologist... had to go in once a week for an application of some kinda liquid.

Burned like an SOB for a day... then itched like mad (insanity mad) for 3 or 4 days..

8 weeks of the treatment and that wart finally came off in a giant chunk... fresh pink new baby toe underneath.. lol
Old 05-02-2013, 11:27 AM

I took my son to the Dr. with a large wart on the bottom of his foot. One blast with nitrogen and it was gone within 2 weeks.