Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-09-2013, 10:08 PM

Default Hoyt Carbon Element?

Who shoots one? I'm going to have a look at one next week, take it to the range, then decide if I should buy it. It's a used one, but in excellent condition. It a year old with the fuel cams on it. I've read, some like the fuel cams and some don't, so we'll see after I shoot it. Looking for some feedback from other CE owners. It's a funky looking bow, no doubt about that.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:59 PM

Default Element

I have had one for a few years now and love it. The fuel cams have a very hard back wall and not much of a valley and force you to stay on your toes. For me it made me a better shooter and takes away the laziness with some bows that have a huge valley. It is really well balanced and has no vibration on the shot so the shooting is much easier. Good luck hope it's on good shape.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:20 PM

Thanks LTH. When did the CE first come out...2010 or 2011?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:48 AM

I had one for a couple years...nice shooting, forgiving bow. I did take off the factory grip and put on side plates though...didn't mind the fuel cams at all.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt7mm View Post
Thanks LTH. When did the CE first come out...2010 or 2011?
I've got a 2011 CE... I believe that's the first year (but not certain of that).

I had a 2003 Magnatec with Cam&0.5 on it, and like the feel of the Fuel cams better. As Live to Hunt stated, more solid of a wall and forces you to pull through the shot. Creep a little out of the valley and she'll want to go.... By pulling into the wall, I feel like my pins don't float as much and seem steadier on target.

I love the light weight of the bow and got accessories to match the light weight. I'm a no girly man, but those all day hikes are way more comfortable with a couple of ounces missing from the end of my arm.

Good luck in your decision!

J.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:00 AM

Fuel cams are okay, you just need to be at your correct draw length, if your running long you may find it tough to hold and feel like it wants to get away on you.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:59 PM

I have a 28.5 draw length, so it shouldn't be all right. I now have a Maxxis 35, so it will be an interesting comparison. I'm hoping I will notice the weight difference immediatley and then, shootability performance next.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:23 AM

I purchased my 2011 CE as my first bow so cannot make a comparison to other bows. As mentioned above, if you are a little long, the fuel cams will want to take off on you. I found this out a few times with arrows stuck in places I did not want them. Got my fuel cams replaced with RKT cams and personally feel they make a big improvement in how the bow holds. You can replace the cams without replacing the strings and cables.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:00 PM

I have picked up a carbon element (2011) recently and think it is great - very forgiving. Put on an HHA sight and QA ultrarest - easy set up to use and is very accurate.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:02 PM

Should have mentioned that the bow came with the Hoyt quiver that I have removed due to it being quite heavy. Also replaced the factory string with a scorpion string.