Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-09-2016, 11:25 AM

Default Pal waiting times...

Took the test, aced it, sent it in last August, internet says they recieved my application August 20 2015. The website says " we have received your application please wait 45 days for processing"... Still don't have my pal. I call all the time and they give me the same mumbo jumbo " its processing ". They haven't called any of my references yet and were going on 13 months and another hunting season.... Anyone else have similar problems? Is my case unique? Should I blame Notley, or is it just me?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2016, 11:37 AM

I got an expired/renewal in 3 months including the time for them to send a letter because I didn't have a signature on my pic.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:41 AM

Call your MP with your concern. Hopefully he isn't anti firearm, and is willing to help. If your MP will not get involved, it's time to contact the media.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeman View Post
Took the test, aced it, sent it in last August, internet says they recieved my application August 20 2015. The website says " we have received your application please wait 45 days for processing"... Still don't have my pal. I call all the time and they give me the same mumbo jumbo " its processing ". They haven't called any of my references yet and were going on 13 months and another hunting season.... Anyone else have similar problems? Is my case unique? Should I blame Notley, or is it just me?

I had waited about 44 days with no change in the status. Called in and they said they needed to talk to my references but hadn't attempted to contact them asked if I could have one call in. My uncle called the next day and I had it within a week.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Call your MP with your concern. Hopefully he isn't anti firearm, and is willing to help. If your MP will not get involved, it's time to contact the media.
I'll call him this afternoon. We have a pc mp so he should certainly not be anti firearms

Old 09-09-2016, 11:53 AM

i had to wait 14 months first time had a buddy that waited almost 18 but he had been under investigation at one point in his life. just something to think about?
Old 09-09-2016, 11:58 AM

Similar situation happened to me. Just takes time. Have your references call in, speeds it up a bit.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:37 PM

My are sent her new RPAL application in in May had it in August.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastgoeswest View Post
I had waited about 44 days with no change in the status. Called in and they said they needed to talk to my references but hadn't attempted to contact them asked if I could have one call in. My uncle called the next day and I had it within a week.
Same with mine. Get one of your references to call in.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Media? CBC for sure, they would spin it to "CFO doing great job keeping DANGEROUS guns from the hands of civilians"
Old 09-09-2016, 02:18 PM
Banned

From what I've heard it all depends I received mine in 8 months after me and 6 friends all took it same time few were months one guy was almost 2 years. contacting the media seems a bit ridiculous but this day and age dosnt suprise me
Old 09-09-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktricker View Post
From what I've heard it all depends I received mine in 8 months after me and 6 friends all took it same time few were months one guy was almost 2 years. contacting the media seems a bit ridiculous but this day and age dosnt suprise me
If you can't get action from the people that are supposed to be handling this, and the MP won't help out, what other options do you have? I certainly wouldn't wait two years, without trying every last resort that I could think of. Many governments departments don't like media attention , because it exposes them for not doing their job, so there is a good chance that they will process the PAL to avoid attention.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:55 PM

Renewed mine this year 2 months from mail out to getting it back.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:10 PM

Was in same boat as you. Phoned a couple times and then asked to talk to the guy in Edmonton handling it.... They took my number to pass onto mr. Edmonton guy and he never phoned but about 6 days later it was in the mail. Never even phoned my references.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:18 PM

I renewed my RPAL online and it took 2 weeks from the time I submitted to the time I got my new card (this week). It was pretty slick to be honest.

SS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 09-09-2016, 06:20 PM

My son renewed his on line sent August 8th received it on September 7th.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeman View Post

Are you sure you aced it, it's a pretty hard course.........not! Hahaha, back to reality,13 months, well that's alot longer than it should be, you didn't tick off the old lady did you? I swear when I was waiting and, phoned and got her, she did something on purpose to make it take longer, I was very polite and, she was downright unpleasant to deal with, the other lady's were a joy to deal with, her on the other hand I think was Satans mom! All in all I think it was about 2.5 months, good luck! Yet another beauty example of our tax dollars at work