Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-24-2013, 01:00 AM

I'd wager every politician is a puppet of sorts to his supporters.
They may not call the shots,but influence them ....
Listening to him speak and seeing him react in news reports has given me more respect for him.
That he can think and speak on his feet without looking like a fool or fumbling for answers is better than a lot of politicians...
Old 06-24-2013, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseBurger View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md_GrKpdEgM

Love how he just tells it like it is in this video

Remind you of anyone else.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:02 AM

Yup reminds me of Redford. Another finger-wagging, 'I'm more evolved than you, listen to your betters' mouthpiece. Who knows, those he's describing may have canoed the Nahanni whitewaters, they may be very accomplished - or they may not. If people like Nenshi had their way, we'd all be little white obedient maggots being fed by the queen bees and her minions.
Pass another law Nenshi, and keep chipping away at our freedom.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:09 AM
Gone Hunting

Is he dating Redford??

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 06-24-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
I agree. the last time a Calgary mayor with common sense like that ran for premier, it was the best thing that had ever happened to alberta. id vote for that guy.....unless he ran as a liberal in any incarnation.

Oh Hell No people, don't become deluded!

Nenshi IS the big Purple Liberal!

Yes, Nenshi and the City Emergency Reponse team are doing a good job with the flooding crisis.

But he will steal your coffee money. He already stole mine....
Old 06-24-2013, 11:19 PM

Default Spend some of your tax dollars here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseBurger View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md_GrKpdEgM

Love how he just tells it like it is in this video
The message is alright ,but anyone in grade 6 and up could have told you the same. This upped your opinion of him. I guess when your that low there is only one way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
calgary has a very able mayor. hope he runs for premier one day.
And you would long for the good old days when Redford was premier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slivers86 View Post

Also - I hope everyone complaining voted... if you didn't, shut your trap.
I did and it was not for this clown

He is not a little Liberal, he is a BIG Liberal. Currently lobbying for the city to impose its own gasoline tax for pet projects. Spending $100,000.00 to study
banning shark fin soup in city limits. My taxes up 560.00 a year since he came in. Wants to allow basement suites thruout the city without approval process, because the poor folk cant afford rent. The motion was voted down and Nenshi tells the media he cant understand why council got it wrong.
Won't return the 52 million tax break to Calgarians. Now to be fair he can do this legally, he passed it into law last year, that council was to use any unused provincial tax. His nickname ( SPENDSHI ) is accurate.
I have met only one person that admits to voting for this guy.
If elected to premier I have no doubt he would create a gun registry because its what is good for you. You just dont know it.
If being articulate and looking good on TV make a good leader , Hollywood is full of qualified candidates for next election. Who I would for for before Nenshi.
To be fair this flood disaster is being handled well. But I dont think he is doing
it alone.

Save time... see it my way
Old 06-25-2013, 09:53 AM

With my cynical-towards-all-politicians hat on this morning I'll remind everyone that this is the year for municipal elections.

Disasters played well are a gift to incumbent politicians.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:00 AM

[QUOTE=sjemac;2015470]It's easy to be a leader in a crisis. Most people with an ounce of leadership ability can handle it. There is little gray area in the decisions that need to be made. The rubber hits the road on the day-to-day facets of the job.

Nenshi isn't a great leader but like George W. he's had his "911" and will be assured re-election. Events like this are godsends to politicians.

Not that it matters much to me. (Cynicism off).[/QUO
Old 06-25-2013, 11:27 AM

Rob Ford would love to have Nenshi's disaster so he could get re elected. He'd probably show up at the Emergency Operations Center drunk - though.

Rob's so desperate now for re election, he attended his first ever Pride Day event in Toronto on June 24.

Rob appears to be very uncomfortable in the situation.

His brother, councilor Doug Ford, seems to be having a good time though.

Jim
Old 06-25-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Yup reminds me of Redford. Another finger-wagging, 'I'm more evolved than you, listen to your betters' mouthpiece. Who knows, those he's describing may have canoed the Nahanni whitewaters, they may be very accomplished - or they may not. If people like Nenshi had their way, we'd all be little white obedient maggots being fed by the queen bees and her minions.
Yep, I'm not a fan. The easy way would just make being rescued cost something (or doesn't it already?).

He is a mega-lib hypocrite to boot.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 06-25-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
I have met only one person that admits to voting for this guy.
Hubby and I both voted for him, and we are both pleased with his performance thus far: particularly in the realm of transportation. I have benefited more than hubby, but the way my transportation difficulties have been eased has alleviated some of his stresses.

If Rutherford runs, it may be a tough choice for us this next election. Hubby will no doubt lean toward Rutherford, while I suspect I'll still lean toward Nenshi.

Note: My mancub is watching me type this. Some of the emoticons are making him giggle. Their inclusion in this post is for his benefit.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.

Last edited by DarkAisling; 06-25-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post
His nickname (SPENDSHI) is accurate.

To be fair this flood disaster is being handled well. But I dont think he is doing it alone.
Never thought of that one!

I thought STENSHI was funny enough!
Old 06-25-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Must have a lot of polical pull as he announced that the "RIVER WAS CLOSED" how can a mayor close a river? anyways another politician looking for re-election.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhl View Post
Must have a lot of polical pull as he announced that the "RIVER WAS CLOSED" how can a mayor close a river? anyways another politician looking for re-election.
The pictures of the flood don't do justice to how ferocious the river is, even now 4 days later,, the bow during run-off is pretty daunting and looking at the mountains, there's still a lot of snow to flush out.

If he or the police chief or the fire or a kid in daycare deem the river closed, I'll take this as good advice. Just yesterday on our way to fishing, we noticed a massive tree root making it's way downstream, and fast, and close to shore. Another great joy to floods is that not all debris floating is visible. And the river is seriously flowing.

Besides, who else is going to tell a city what's up? He's the mayor, it's his job.