Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-23-2017, 08:02 PM

Remington all day long one from the custom should would be even better. I always found tikka kicked way harder and it's like picking up a toy with the hollow plastic stock . Plus Remington action is far better with some beautiful locking lugs my vote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:42 PM

I would definitely go with the tikka, not only is the bolt very smooth, but the their rifles are very accurate, tikka also has very good quality control, and resale value! Remington's often require some smithing attention right out the box!
Old 02-23-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMarty911 View Post
I see what your saying about the recoil lug, but their design obviously works. And any tikka will out shoot a Remington if both out of the box and not tuned.

So explain your gripe when real world results tell a different story.

Not trying to troll or start anything, I really am curious. My experiences must be different than yours.

Mind you I am not a tikka fan boy. I'm a Savage nut😆

"Any tikka will outshoot any Remington"
Just because they do for you doesn't mean others do. I've had a couple of each and in both cases the Remington outshot the tikka. And I preferred the trigger on the 700 as well. And it didn't feel like Tupperware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2017, 01:45 AM

Why not a weatherby? I love mine. Look forward to one day acquiring a Mark V Weathermark.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:43 AM

I'd recommend spending a bit more time researching your caliber choice. A .30-06 with a 220 grain bullet has a lot of stopping power, without the recoil of the magnum. There are some online ballistics calculators that help you compare velocities and energy among the various calibers and bullet weights.

A well-placed .30-06 bullet from a gun you are comfortable shooting is better than a thrown bullet from a magnum that has you flinching...

Good luck with your choice.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin242 View Post
I'd recommend spending a bit more time researching your caliber choice. A .30-06 with a 220 grain bullet has a lot of stopping power, without the recoil of the magnum. There are some online ballistics calculators that help you compare velocities and energy among the various calibers and bullet weights.

A well-placed .30-06 bullet from a gun you are comfortable shooting is better than a thrown bullet from a magnum that has you flinching...

Good luck with your choice.
If recoil is of any consideration, then a 220gr bullet is the last thing that you should be considering. A 165gr to 180ge monometal bullet will provide more penetration than the typical 220gr bullet, with significantly less recoil.