Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-25-2024, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
While this is somewhat going off track, and is quite complex and personal, I'll attempt to fill in some blanks.
I'll do this because people need to understand that this Liberal federal government is willing to let people suffer and die in the name of their policy.
What the Feds are doing is not a mistake, or dumb. This is all on purpose, with the suffering caused an acceptable (to them) price.

My father was an Orthopedic surgeon in Calgary, where many like himself followed the law and tax codes to invest in Oil Jr's.
With the National Energy Program, most lost every cent of their pre-tax income investments.
Trudeau Sr. legislated retroactive tax laws changes which required lost previously legal pre-tax investment money to be taxed.
Many had to retroactively pay tax on legally invested and lost money.
Many people declared bankruptcy, some could not.

As a public employee, my Father was not legally allowed to go into bankruptcy and remain a surgeon.
As the government was his employer, they decided to garnishee his wage 100%.

My father moved to Penticton, where there were 3 other orthopedic surgeons.
On call time would be split 4 ways.
Upon his arrival in Penticton, ALL three of the other surgeons left. Two to the United States and one retired.
He was thus forced to be on call 24/7 for over 400 days, looking after a mainly retired population from Summerland to Osoyoos, until another Orthopod moved to Penticton.

After a couple hundred+ days of being on 24/7 call, without receiving a dime, my Father begged the government to let him have some time off.
He was worried that he would harm a patient due to his exhaustion.
He was told NO.
The RCMP was sent to see him, with a court order to work or be arrested and sent to jail despite his concerns.
The reasoning behind the court order explained that as he was a public employee, is he did not show up to work the government would consider it an Illegal Strike by an "essential worker".

I know that the only reason my Father continued to work as a surgeon was his care for his patients. He cared for them too much to not help them.
He knew that if he didn't help them then no one would. He suffered to ease their pains and injuries.
The government saw it similarly though narcissistically, they forced him to work under threat of jail, without pay, because there was no one else available that could help these people, in order to ease the government's worry about their own political pain and injury.

I was young, and didn't understand how he could keep the family afloat.
With time I learned that it was the community that supported him and his family.
The residents of Penticton and area made sure that we were ok, so that they could have a caring doctor that they needed.
Unlike the Gov, which was willing to destroy us.
>>
This saddens and sickens me beyond belief WB, absolutely disgusting way to be treated. THIS rodent in power should be made to pay for his old mans behavior, to the point of bankruptcy. This is no different then us as Canadians having had to pay for 'supposed' treatment of others way back in the past. Such a horrible position your Dad was put in, just horrible. What a man he was/is.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
I never said it will reduce CO2. Their goal is to stop us from using fossil fuels. The easiest way to do that is making it unaffordable with taxation.
I apologize, I thought you meant the Carbon tax would actually work to reduce emissions. I misunderstood.
Old 03-25-2024, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
While this is somewhat going off track, and is quite complex and personal, I'll attempt to fill in some blanks.
I'll do this because people need to understand that this Liberal federal government is willing to let people suffer and die in the name of their policy.
What the Feds are doing is not a mistake, or dumb. This is all on purpose, with the suffering caused an acceptable (to them) price.

My father was an Orthopedic surgeon in Calgary, where many like himself followed the law and tax codes to invest in Oil Jr's.
With the National Energy Program, most lost every cent of their pre-tax income investments.
Trudeau Sr. legislated retroactive tax laws changes which required lost previously legal pre-tax investment money to be taxed.
Many had to retroactively pay tax on legally invested and lost money.
Many people declared bankruptcy, some could not.

As a public employee, my Father was not legally allowed to go into bankruptcy and remain a surgeon.
As the government was his employer, they decided to garnishee his wage 100%.

My father moved to Penticton, where there were 3 other orthopedic surgeons.
On call time would be split 4 ways.
Upon his arrival in Penticton, ALL three of the other surgeons left. Two to the United States and one retired.
He was thus forced to be on call 24/7 for over 400 days, looking after a mainly retired population from Summerland to Osoyoos, until another Orthopod moved to Penticton.

After a couple hundred+ days of being on 24/7 call, without receiving a dime, my Father begged the government to let him have some time off.
He was worried that he would harm a patient due to his exhaustion.
He was told NO.
The RCMP was sent to see him, with a court order to work or be arrested and sent to jail despite his concerns.
The reasoning behind the court order explained that as he was a public employee, is he did not show up to work the government would consider it an Illegal Strike by an "essential worker".

I know that the only reason my Father continued to work as a surgeon was his care for his patients. He cared for them too much to not help them.
He knew that if he didn't help them then no one would. He suffered to ease their pains and injuries.
The government saw it similarly though narcissistically, they forced him to work under threat of jail, without pay, because there was no one else available that could help these people, in order to ease the government's worry about their own political pain and injury.

I was young, and didn't understand how he could keep the family afloat.
With time I learned that it was the community that supported him and his family.
The residents of Penticton and area made sure that we were ok, so that they could have a caring doctor that they needed.
Unlike the Gov, which was willing to destroy us.

Wow! Wow!
This should be taught in our schools!
Wow!
Where was your reconciliation money? Still waiting I bet?
Wow!
Life in Canada isn't what it seems or like what we thought it was going to be when we were little kids.
CBC doesn't report stuff like this
Old 03-25-2024, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Sounds like your father was/is a good person putting patients first.
Thx for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You definitely have a set of rose colored glasses and only try to see the positive in things

You are probably the only one who took got that from reading that story
Old 03-25-2024, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
You definitely have a set of rose colored glasses and only try to see the positive in things

No kidding! He looks right past the corruption and the infringements on our rights by the liberals,RCMP, etc.
Old 03-25-2024, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
No kidding! He looks right past the corruption and the infringements on our rights by the liberals,RCMP, etc.
Yep.
Old 03-25-2024, 04:28 PM

Quote:
People don’t stop using things that are a necessity without a viable alternative

This makes the carbon tax ineffective in reducing the use of anything. This makes it a failure in actually achieving anything other than lower the standard of living.

When something is this poorly executed it doesn’t work. But let’s be realistic here the the carbon tax is just a cash cow and virtue signaling not an attempt to actually make a difference

Why would someone support a completely ineffective plan with no accountability of where the money generated is being used or a plan to use these fund's to work towards a solution?

If you think this is effective you are welcome to send me 50 cents for every piece of trash you don’t recycle and throw in the trash. We can even increase the amount annually till it becomes too unaffordable for you to keep contributing to the waste going into the landfill

I am here to help and it will work!!!

Let’s take a moment and really start thinking about what works vs being scammed in the name of saving the environment
Problem here is we have a government that does not care if there is a viable alternative. All they see is evil fossil fuel. And as long as they can stay in power the price of fuel will increase and people will be forced to choose whatever means it takes to survive. Lots will have to choose other means of transportation or jobs that will enable them to survive. We are dealing with a Minister of Environment that has no idea what it’s like to live in the real world.
Old 03-25-2024, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
Problem here is we have a government that does not care if there is a viable alternative. All they see is evil fossil fuel. And as long as they can stay in power the price of fuel will increase and people will be forced to choose whatever means it takes to survive. Lots will have to choose other means of transportation or jobs that will enable them to survive. We are dealing with a Minister of Environment that has no idea what it’s like to live in the real world.
I don’t think there is even a plan from the government besides line their pockets pretending to make a difference
Old 03-25-2024, 06:31 PM

Quote:
People don’t stop using things that are a necessity without a viable alternative

This makes the carbon tax ineffective in reducing the use of anything. This makes it a failure in actually achieving anything other than lower the standard of living.

When something is this poorly executed it doesn’t work. But let’s be realistic here the the carbon tax is just a cash cow and virtue signaling not an attempt to actually make a difference

Why would someone support a completely ineffective plan with no accountability of where the money generated is being used or a plan to use these fund's to work towards a solution?

If you think this is effective you are welcome to send me 50 cents for every piece of trash you don’t recycle and throw in the trash. We can even increase the amount annually till it becomes too unaffordable for you to keep contributing to the waste going into the landfill

I am here to help and it will work!!!

Let’s take a moment and really start thinking about what works vs being scammed in the name of saving the environment
You are wrong on that, I know lots of people that have cut their driving down, turned down heat in homes etc. Is it effective in reducing CO2? Not sure. But it is really effecting lower income folks, those with money can absorb it for now, but they to will feel the pinch as it rises. Takes a small man to ruin a country for his vanity project although I am sure Klause is proud of our government.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-25-2024, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
You are wrong on that, I know lots of people that have cut their driving down, turned down heat in homes etc. Is it effective in reducing CO2? Not sure. But it is really effecting lower income folks, those with money can absorb it for now, but they to will feel the pinch as it rises. Takes a small man to ruin a country for his vanity project although I am sure Klause is proud of our government.
I don't know anyone that turned down their heat, and
very few that changed their driving habits. The low
income people that I know live in apartments, so they
don't pay for heat, their landlords just increase the rent,
because they pay the carbon tax. And the low income people that I know, either no longer drive, or they drove very little anyways, so it really didn't change how they live. However, everyone pays more for clothing, groceries, and everything else, because of the carbon tax, and the low income people can least afford the extra cost.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:42 PM

Quote:
because they pay the carbon tax. And the low income people that I know, either no longer drive, or they drove very little anyways, so it really didn't change how they live. However, everyone pays more for clothing, groceries, and everything else, because of the carbon tax, and the low income people can least afford the extra cost.
Truth here!! it is our most vulnerable being hurt the most. Generally, they voted him in because they wanted the free lunch & the easy hand up. He made them promises he couldn't & didn't plan to keep. I hope they vote differently next time!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 03-25-2024, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Can’t say I know people who have cut back on heating or fuel. Watch what the buy for groceries because prices are through the roof and cut back on luxury items yes.

People are definitely cutting back on spending in multiple different areas and I don’t doubt some of the lower income people have cut back of heating/fuel.

In the big scheme of things I bet what ever impact have been made from cut backs in fossil fuels have been offsets from the increased gas people are getting from the quality of food they eat has declined
Old 03-25-2024, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Can’t say I know people who have cut back on heating or fuel. Watch what the buy for groceries because prices are through the roof and cut back on luxury items yes.

People are definitely cutting back on spending in multiple different areas and I don’t doubt some of the lower income people have cut back of heating/fuel.

In the big scheme of things I bet what ever impact have been made from cut backs in fossil fuels have been offsets from the increased gas people are getting from the quality of food they eat has declined
I think this is on topic because all part of woke agenda
In the States these refugees have to wait for like 7 or so years to get a hearing and in the mean time they get government money to live on.
Well Tyson foods which is huge. Well apparently they are laying off their American workers and hiring these refugees because they can work for less money because of the government programs they are on.
I'm guessing because they are not citizens they are not paying taxes,can double dip and even if caught what can anybody do about it? Kick them out if they show up for immigration hearing sometime 5 or ten years from now? Seniors better not count on therm paying for their social security ,medicare,etc
Old 03-26-2024, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Well, now you do. We have cut down on our heat by an average of 2 degrees C during the day and 5 at night. We wear hoodies and sweaters and cover up with a blanket when we watch tv or read a book.

I'm almost 69 and my wife is approaching 67. We are both on 'fixed' income, both with CPP and OAS and I have a small work pension (unindexed so it hasn't changed in 9 years). My wife lost her job due to covid and had to retire early, thus losing out on 2 1/2 years of contributing to CPP. That hurts!

We've also cut down on driving, take my wife's little puddle-jumper 2016 Focus when we can. The F-150 (also a 2016) is used infrequently and only when necessary.

Our only saving blessing is that our landlord gives us a very good rate and he hasn't raised the rent yet (in 5 years). If not for that we'd probably be living in our 2016 23ft RV in a 'homeless' camp! We bought that RV after the Ft. McMurray fire so we had a place to live and we lived in it for 19 months over 3 years, and we kept it.

$3,600 income per month barely makes ends meet, so we both work a bit, odd jobs, temporary jobs, etc. as we can to help offset inflationary costs.

Most of our 'retirement dreams' have gone out the window and we've significantly scaled back 'bucket list' plans.

Not complaining, life is good overall. Just stating reality for us in the present. Hopefully some investments we hold will begin to pay off in a few years and add a bit to our retirement comfort!
Old 03-26-2024, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post
Well, now you do. We have cut down on our heat by an average of 2 degrees C during the day and 5 at night. We wear hoodies and sweaters and cover up with a blanket when we watch tv or read a book.

I'm almost 69 and my wife is approaching 67. We are both on 'fixed' income, both with CPP and OAS and I have a small work pension (unindexed so it hasn't changed in 9 years). My wife lost her job due to covid and had to retire early, thus losing out on 2 1/2 years of contributing to CPP. That hurts!

We've also cut down on driving, take my wife's little puddle-jumper 2016 Focus when we can. The F-150 (also a 2016) is used infrequently and only when necessary.

Our only saving blessing is that our landlord gives us a very good rate and he hasn't raised the rent yet (in 5 years). If not for that we'd probably be living in our 2016 23ft RV in a 'homeless' camp! We bought that RV after the Ft. McMurray fire so we had a place to live and we lived in it for 19 months over 3 years, and we kept it.

$3,600 income per month barely makes ends meet, so we both work a bit, odd jobs, temporary jobs, etc. as we can to help offset inflationary costs.

Most of our 'retirement dreams' have gone out the window and we've significantly scaled back 'bucket list' plans.

Not complaining, life is good overall. Just stating reality for us in the present. Hopefully some investments we hold will begin to pay off in a few years and add a bit to our retirement comfort!
You are not alone believe me.
Another frustrating thing is most of my electricity ,gas bills are not for the amount of electricity I use but its all these other charges. I could shut everything off and go away for a month and still have a big bill.
Yet hutterite colonies get 3 phase power cheaper than me and that was before all this solar so called farms going up. Example a while ago if I had enough money to make it work I could get lots of government money to put in solar. This would reduce my electricity bill but you already need to be rich in order to make it work.
So how can I cut back because turning off lights and turning down heat does nothing?
Shop local for groceries and $1500 a month would turn into $3000 a month. It still makes sense to drive to Lethbridge even if gas is $8 a gallon.
Old 03-26-2024, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post

So do you attribute the changes you made to the carbon tax, or to the high inflation and high interest rates? I realize that the carbon tax contributes to both, but it is not the largest factor.
Old 03-26-2024, 02:27 PM

Looking at my gas bill for January's consumption, the total is $165.23 with the Carbon Tax accounting for $65.21. Since the purported goal of the Carbon Tax is to get me to consume less natural gas, to save $65 I would have had to reduce my consumption by 48%. I might be able to do that if I set the thermostat to about 10C.

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 03-27-2024, 08:55 AM

Quote:
So do you attribute the changes you made to the carbon tax, or to the high inflation and high interest rates? I realize that the carbon tax contributes to both, but it is not the largest factor.
All of the above, and more; well, not high interest rates for us because we have no debt.

The carbon tax is a key factor as it applies to literally everything. So in the supply chain of goods and services there are multiple 'layers' of the carbon tax applied. And the GST (HST here in Ontario) is also added to the carbon tax. So, for example, the carbon tax on my last natural gas bill was approximately $30.00, plus the HST at 13% so that is another $3.90.
Thus the carbon tax adds significantly to the cost of living all across the board. I can just imagine what the cost will be when it is $170.00 per tonne (and Trudeau's sidekick Guilbault hinted at it potentially going much higher if the libs continue 'governing').

High inflation is being driven by a lot of factors (just one is the carbon tax). But I am old enough to consider today's 'high inflation' to be pretty low! I recall double digit inflation and mortgage rates of 20 plus %. We were young then, just starting with a family, me starting a business, etc. and still we were able to live more comfortably than now. Our first (1978) house mortgage was at 10 1/4 % and we thought that was pretty good.
The cost of everything has gone up due to the expenses of producing and selling goods and services has also gone up - supplies, material, wages (which need to go up to combat inflation so people can survive - but that is a vicious cycle).

There is also the factor of declining productivity - which fuels inflation as well.

I also put a finger on 'greed' as a significant factor (i.e. housing prices, for no explainable reason, shot through the roof making owning an unaffordable reality for many young people (and us).

The last one I'll comment about is government mismanagement and horrendous waste of taxpayer money. That's also way out of control and adds significantly to the cost of living (taxpayers have to pay the interest on government debt too - and that comes before we even get any services for 'our' money!). I'm not sure this one can be reined in; I fear the whole herd of those horses has left the barn and is scattered far and wide.

Historically every great empire, country and society has fallen when taxation reaches a tipping point (around 50%) and we are about there. Even the RCMP has just released a report warning about unrest across the board if things don't change and this trajectory continues. I think we've already had 'the best of times' and the future doesn't look good here in Canada. I fear for my grandkids.
Old 03-27-2024, 09:48 AM

Okay, Premiers, it is time to pounce. The door cracks open, even if it just for show.

Trudeau challenges premiers opposed to carbon tax hike to suggest alternatives to federal levy.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...-tax-1.7156435

"In his letter, the prime minister suggested that the governments of New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Ontario, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador haven't put forward suitable replacements to the federal backstop."

So draft up 7 well written suggestions like LNG exports, carbon capture, developing H2, insulation/furnace incentives, etc. Present them back to Trudeau with a demand to let the people of Canada decide on the way forward, that is to call an election immediately. He cannot be the judge of these ideas as he would be in conflict of interest; his idea is carbon taxing. This would be a true carbon tax election. Back this idiot into the corner that he created, he is getting desperate. Hand deliver the 7 ideas in person to him with all the other 7 Premiers there and call a press conference when doing it.

Also re-state to him that it is the constitutional legal jurisdiction of Provinces to govern their natural resources as already proven by the Canadian courts.
Old 03-27-2024, 09:48 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:

I see exactly what you folks see etc as we are all tossed into the mix. I choose to control what I can and manage the rest having found over time that attitude going into anything can be a game changer. This will lead to a favorable outcome overtime appreciating the winning of the battles up to and including the war....being negative only attracts those types and turns into lashing out at others with a difference of opinions which is extremely detrimental.

I am glad we still have people in our healthcare system that care even when stretched to the limit. Was just showing appreciation was all.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-27-2024, 10:01 AM

Quote:
I don't look right past anything and occasionally more than none our thoughts don't align but that being said I still take into consideration what you/others say. Its all part of the engagement from my perspective attempting to get different views and a better understanding.

Hey, it works, no kidding!

Old 03-27-2024, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
Okay, Premiers, it is time to pounce. The door cracks open, even if it just for show.

Trudeau challenges premiers opposed to carbon tax hike to suggest alternatives to federal levy.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...-tax-1.7156435

"In his letter, the prime minister suggested that the governments of New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Ontario, Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador haven't put forward suitable replacements to the federal backstop."

So draft up 7 well written suggestions like LNG exports, carbon capture, developing H2, insulation/furnace incentives, etc. Present them back to Trudeau with a demand to let the people of Canada decide on the way forward, that is to call an election immediately. He cannot be the judge of these ideas as he would be in conflict of interest; his idea is carbon taxing. This would be a true carbon tax election. Back this idiot into the corner that he created, he is getting desperate. Hand deliver the 7 ideas in person to him with all the other 7 Premiers there and call a press conference when doing it.

Also re-state to him that it is the constitutional legal jurisdiction of Provinces to govern their natural resources as already proven by the Canadian courts.
I would ask Trudeau to prove that his carbon tax has reduced emissions in Canada, by supplying actual numbers that can be verified by people not associated with his government , or with climate change activists. I would further ask him how the emissions from natural gas heat compare to those from burning gas oil for heat, and why gas oil which produces more emissions is exempt from the carbon tax, while cleaner burning natural gas is not.
Old 03-27-2024, 10:07 AM

Quote:
I would ask Trudeau to prove that his carbon tax has reduced emissions in Canada, by supplying actual numbers that can be verified by people not associated with his government , or with climate change activists. I would further ask him how the emissions from natural gas heat compare to those from burning gas oil for heat, and why gas oil which produces more emissions is exempt from the carbon tax, while cleaner burning natural gas is not.
Hi answer to this would be...I ah um thingy, have to refocus, speak moistly, um er ah. We feel canadians pain, we have to act on climate change. Uh next.

BW
Old 03-27-2024, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I don't look right past anything and occasionally more than none our thoughts don't align but that being said I still take into consideration what you/others say. Its all part of the engagement from my perspective attempting to get different views and a better understanding.

Hey, it works, no kidding!
The differemce between us, is that I am not afraid to speak out against corruption and oppression, and to try and initiate change, rather than to sit back, say nothing, while hoping for change, while pretending that there is a positive side to the corruption/oppression.
Old 03-27-2024, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Hi answer to this would be...I ah um thingy, have to refocus, speak moistly, um er ah. We feel canadians pain, we have to act on climate change. Uh next.

BW
Exactly! And amazingly the woke , or the people that simply don't care, would accept that response , and continue to support him. And that is why Canada is in such a dire situation. And of course some people, including some AO members would deny that Canada
is in a dire situation. Instead of looking at the decline of our standard of living, and our loss of rights and freedoms, they would tell us how much better off we are than some third world countries. They would tell us that the budget will balance itself, and that everything will be just fine, if we patiently sit back, do nothing, and wait.
Old 03-27-2024, 10:20 AM

Quote:
The differemce between us, is that I am not afraid to speak out against corruption and oppression, and to try and initiate change, rather than to sit back, say nothing, while hoping for change, while pretending that there is a positive side to the corruption/oppression.
So are you going to get into politics to initiate your changes, make a difference or is this as far as you go, complain, groan and moan on social media? Just curious as you seem to have the material/Demeanor to get into politics.

Me I am going to watch how our prairie princess handles the feds, our provincial issues etc and then when the time comes put the check in the box that pushes the libs out. Hopefully and go from there.

Old 03-27-2024, 10:42 AM

Quote:
So are you going to get into politics to initiate your changes, make a difference or is this as far as you go, complain, groan and moan on social media? Just curious as you seem to have the material/Demeanor to get into politics.

Me I am going to watch how our prairie princess handles the feds, our provincial issues etc and then when the time comes put the check in the box that pushes the libs out. Hopefully and go from there.
Every person that I can reach out to, and get to think about what is going on, could result in a vote against the current federal government. And if enough people come out to vote against Trudeau, he can be defeated. If you sit back and say nothing, you have zero chance of changing anything.
Old 03-27-2024, 11:24 AM

I can’t find one person that will vote for lib.
Old 03-27-2024, 11:25 AM

Quote:
In response to my post: I am suggesting to seize on this opportunity to make Trudeau eat his own words that he has publicly put forward and officially challenged 7 Provinces. Action, not just the same old condemnation to his carbon tax. Saskatchewan could produce a very compelling future plan to implement SMR nuclear supplements to energy. Alberta could expand on the very real carbon capture technology that we have already poured billions into.

Your suggestion is to keep bitching the same old points to Trudeau that you know darn well he will just avoid and put back in your face with a bunch of virtue signalling. He has been challenged almost every day by the Conservatives on the factual points you mentioned. That is just too easy for Trudeau to avoid.

If Trudeau refuses to act on any of the Provincial ideas, that would at least make a great campaign commercial to illustrate how Trudeau rejected any other ideas other than his carbon tax. He has been getting away with saying the Conservatives have put forth no real environmantal plan.

Trust me, I agree with you, but wouldn't my suggestion be better political tact?
Old 03-27-2024, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
In response to my post: I am suggesting to seize on this opportunity to make Trudeau eat his own words that he has publicly put forward and officially challenged 7 Provinces. Action, not just the same old condemnation to his carbon tax. Saskatchewan could produce a very compelling future plan to implement SMR nuclear supplements to energy. Alberta could expand on the very real carbon capture technology that we have already poured billions into.
Your suggestion is to keep bitching the same old points to Trudeau that you know darn well he will just avoid and put back in your face with a bunch of virtue signalling. He has been challenged almost every day by the
Conservatives on the factual points you mentioned. That is just too easy for Trudeau to avoid.
If Trudeau refuses to act on any of the Provincial ideas, that would at least make a great campaign commercial to illustrate how Trudeau rejected any other ideas other than his carbon tax. He has been getting away with saying the Conservatives have put forth no real
environmantal plan.

Trust me, I agree with you, but wouldn't my suggestion be better political tact?
The sad fact is that no matter what you come up with as an alternative, Trudeau will ignore it. And the people that will take notice of his refusal to acknowledge your proposal, have already noticed his refusal to address the questions and facts that the conservatives have already proposed, and continue to propose. But go right ahead and propose alternatives, at least it gives Trudeau something new to ignore or try and discredit.
You and I both know that, but I suppose that someone wearing rose colored glasses, might feel differently.

We both also realize why the liberals heavily gutted the ndp bill concerning Israel, it wasn't their bill, but more importantly, it proved how far they can push the ndp, and still have their support. So it really doesn't matter what anyone else proposes, Trudeau just doesn't care.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 03-27-2024 at 11:55 AM.