Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-09-2020, 04:23 PM

Old 05-09-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post

Keep us posted when you lose a family member to this virus, also it's not just old and in the way people that are dying. Got to have a drink after reading this mindless drivel. Have a nice life *****.
Bypass some kinda filter?
Fall in line and carry on
Old 05-09-2020, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Definitely happened here in Sherwood Park. I’ll ask Derek if they were thrown out as well...
Big surprise. Strathcona "County-Mounties" are the smelliest, dirtiest, least educated turds this country has ever given badges to.

Totally unprofessional wastes of air.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:35 PM

Default social distancing laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Heard romours that people are getting tickets for traveling in a car with people outside their family home if both in the front seat.

Anyone on this site actually get one ?
Sounds like another way to make money $$$$$ for the gov.

Quote:
#2 Report Post
Old 05-09-2020, 06:18 AM
I would not be surprised because I am pretty sure that you are going to be breaking the social distancing laws unless you have a custom super wide vehicle
are you sure its" law" i like to see the book where this is written in.

Last edited by last minute; 05-09-2020 at 04:40 PM. Reason: add
Old 05-09-2020, 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=The Cook;4166996]
Quote:
Just getting a little frustrated with the whole thing. There are more people suffering with non covid issues that all stem from this reaction to Covid.

The reaction to Covid in my opinion has been way more harmful to people than the actual disease. Job loss, financial strain, loss of education, loss of activities that help with mental health... it’s endless. That’s my issue...[/QU

Keep us posted when you lose a family member to this virus, also it's not just old and in the way people that are dying. Got to have a drink after reading this mindless drivel. Have a nice life *****.
Death rate worldwide for those under 60 is .5% and this includes those with underlying health conditions. This does not count those who contracted Covid19 and experienced little or no symptoms so they were not tested

Yes there has been young people who have died but survival rate is almost %100

I now know 6 people who have recovered from Covid19 and none were hospitalized. Their opinion of the Covid19 ranged from a cough to the worst chest infection they have experienced that lingered

On a positive note those I know in healthcare across Canada are saying the hospitals are seeing about 50%-75% less traffic then before the outbreak

If I loose a family member to Covid19 I will let you know.

Now chill out a little
Old 05-09-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
True. But the mortality rate in people that are healthy and non compromised is non existent. If we make it out of this, are we going to stop the world again for another new virus some day? I dunno very frustrating...
Having to go through this again is most likely possible. I hope a long ways out.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:43 PM

[QUOTE=Smoky buck;4167006]
Quote:

Death rate worldwide for those under 60 is .5% and this includes those with underlying health conditions. This does not count those who contracted Covid19 and experienced little or no symptoms so they were not tested

I now know 6 people who have recovered from Covid19 and none were hospitalized. Their opinion of the Covid19 ranged from a cough to the worst chest infection they have experienced that lingered

On a positive note those I know in healthcare across Canada are saying the hospitals are seeing about 50%-75% less traffic then before the outbreak

Now chill out a little
I'm chilled and so is my rum & coke. Just thought it was pretty harsh to throw the old folks under the bus. I'm so sorry if I offended anyone.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:04 PM

[QUOTE=Smoky buck;4167006]
Quote:

Now chill out a little

That’s not my quote the lose the family part. I’ve been framed! I never said dat.. Lol
Old 05-09-2020, 05:08 PM

[QUOTE=The Cook;4166996]
Quote:
Just getting a little frustrated with the whole thing. There are more people suffering with non covid issues that all stem from this reaction to Covid.

The reaction to Covid in my opinion has been way more harmful to people than the actual disease. Job loss, financial strain, loss of education, loss of activities that help with mental health... it’s endless. That’s my issue...[/QU

Yay.... got my daily quota of triggering folks in for the day. Enjoy dat drink sport! Don’t forget to bubble wrap it!
Old 05-09-2020, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
better than death....
In all honesty, it may not be. I know a few people who have suffered a use worse than can be imagined. They are the strongest people I know, will never take their own lives. But pray to die in their sleep every night. This is not an exaggeration. The abuse that people have suffered during this, mostly women and children, will have a far worse, and much longer impact on them than this virus ever could have. And I can guarantee that more than 4700 people are being abused in this county with no one knowing, no teacher/coworker/friend to notice. But hey, good for them right, they ain't dead. just living a life much worse.

At this point we have a solid idea of what damage the virus will wreak and what has worked. Now lets get to helping the rest of the population.
Old 05-10-2020, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
That wouldn’t surprise me...I’ve had more than a few EPS members tell me that Sherwood Park RCMP has a reputation for being...shall we say overzealous handing out tickets....which get thrown out in court.
Last year my son was stopped (there’s a thread on it).... given over $600 worth of tickets which were dropped to about $100 when we went to court.
I used to work on refinery row with a bunch of Sherwood Park boys, you wouldn't believe the stories they told about the RC's and their tickets, like cops rolling around on the ground in -30 to see if a car still had its Catalytic converter still on, that was already after about $600 worth of tickets at the same stop. They guy asked the cop if that was all he could find (he was very frustrated, and rightfully so) so the cop asked him to pop his hood again and started his bumper to bumper search for any more ticket able offences he could find. That was one of many, MANY stories. Sherwood Park must be the safest city in the world when they can focus on how many tickets they can write in one traffic stop. You sure don't get a lot of respect dooing stuff like that. If a guy is ripping through a neighbourhood like a you know what, absolutely load him up with tickets, but it seems to be a competitive sport for them out there for some reason.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by last minute View Post
Sounds like another way to make money $$$$$ for the gov.

are you sure its" law" i like to see the book where this is written in.
Nope not sure at all just know there is all kinds of stupid things you can be ticketed for in the name of Covid19. With all the 2m preaching I would assume that goes for vehicles too
Old 05-10-2020, 07:11 AM

So I have heard.......yes just heard ,second hand that you can get a $1000 ticket when only 2 guys are in a truck together if you do not live in the same house hold.

If two guys are camping/ hunting for a week or two, are they not in the same house hold then. Because they are self isolating for that time together . If they do not get it in 10 days from each other they should be safe to go home and they should not get no tickets.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
So I have heard.......yes just heard ,second hand that you can get a $1000 ticket when only 2 guys are in a truck together if you do not live in the same house hold.

If two guys are camping/ hunting for a week or two, are they not in the same house hold then. Because they are self isolating for that time together . If they do not get it in 10 days from each other they should be safe to go home and they should not get no tickets.
Right now with all this I think it’s going to ba a matter of if someone rats you out or if you cross paths with a cop that wants to be a jerk or is diehard about quarantine rules

Personally I won’t have a none family member in my truck right now because it’s not worth the chance of the $1000 ticket
Old 05-10-2020, 08:55 AM

So if this is actually true (which I don't think it is), are there exemptions for company trucks then? We have signs that we can put in the truck window that say Essential Service Work when we're on a site. Does that pass if you got pulled over with two employees in the vehicle?
Old 05-10-2020, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
So if this is actually true (which I don't think it is), are there exemptions for company trucks then? We have signs that we can put in the truck window that say Essential Service Work when we're on a site. Does that pass if you got pulled over with two employees in the vehicle?
I don’t know about that but all of those who I know that have been working essential service jobs are not allowed to have a coworker in the vehicle. Some have been getting paid to use their personal vehicles do to shortage of company vehicles

Sounds like RCMP are an exception according to posts here but for the most part essential services are still supposed to follow physical distancing rules unless the job is impossible to do within the rules

Honestly if people really want to know the answer try talking to those who will ticket you but I bet you will still get mixed responses
Old 05-10-2020, 10:48 AM

when you see two police officers in one vehicle there is a slight chance that they could also have the same address .
Old 05-10-2020, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liar View Post
when you see two police officers in one vehicle there is a slight chance that they could also have the same address .
They don’t have to comply just like when you see them typing on their keyboard in the squad car while driving or texting while driving. They do not have to comply to the distracted driving laws. Fact
Old 05-10-2020, 11:30 AM

Quote:
They don’t have to comply just like when you see them typing on their keyboard in the squad car while driving or texting while driving. They do not have to comply to the distracted driving laws. Fact
i know , i'm just saying , there is a small chance .
Old 05-11-2020, 05:51 AM

Default Covid 19 car travelling tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post

Up where I’m working a crew truck is still a crew truck. 2-3 guys to a truck still. I see the one site must require them to require masks in the truck/van when riding together. We aren’t required to do that yet. Now as for being pulled over, this stretch of highway is heavily monitored by a county mounty and I don’t see him pulling anyone over for having more than 1 person in the vehicle, he wouldn’t be able to keep up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by o.w.l; 05-11-2020 at 06:02 AM.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.w.l View Post
Up where I’m working a crew truck is still a crew truck. 2-3 guys to a truck still. I see the one site must require them to require masks in the truck/van when riding together. We aren’t required to do that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here.
Old 05-11-2020, 10:51 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
How tall is the ladder you need to get on and off that horse you've been riding for weeks? Do you get commision from Dr.Tam for your public safety social media shaming posts? It's like you found religion.....'Burn the witches!!'
I don't have a horse....I ride a magical flying unicorn that poops out gold coins...therefore I wont get a ticket as it is a single seater....

If you happen to be one that does not abide by the preventative measures put forth to slow down the spread of this virus then yes I find you selfish as this is not about you, me rather us...all of us working together....might save a life.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-11-2020, 12:25 PM

I know of one case, in the last week...two people were fed up with being cooped up (in Edmonton) and decided to get out of the house and go for a drive out in Leduc. Long story short, RCMP pulled them over checked their IDs and issed both a 1K ticket.

As far as at work goes, we have to take separate vehicles to site.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
I know of one case, in the last week...two people were fed up with being cooped up (in Edmonton) and decided to get out of the house and go for a drive out in Leduc. Long story short, RCMP pulled them over checked their IDs and issed both a 1K ticket.

As far as at work goes, we have to take separate vehicles to site.
What exactly were they ticketed for? Because Hinshaw has stated that being in the car with a friend won’t get you a ticket unless you’re required to be isolating under one of the public health orders. Would be an easy one to fight since no public health order says you can’t ride in the car with someone and the RCMP already had to drop tickets they issued for the exact same situation.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:49 PM

By the reaction of some as well as on other forums it appears that 80 and 90 year old's are expendable. That is until you might be one of them. What a sad way of thinking.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:50 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
In all honesty, it may not be. I know a few people who have suffered a use worse than can be imagined. They are the strongest people I know, will never take their own lives. But pray to die in their sleep every night. This is not an exaggeration. The abuse that people have suffered during this, mostly women and children, will have a far worse, and much longer impact on them than this virus ever could have. And I can guarantee that more than 4700 people are being abused in this county with no one knowing, no teacher/coworker/friend to notice. But hey, good for them right, they ain't dead. just living a life much worse.

At this point we have a solid idea of what damage the virus will wreak and what has worked. Now lets get to helping the rest of the population.
better than death was my perspective...understood that this pandemic has hit people in many ways....there is people out there willing to help but as with everything else you must want the help....its an all around sad situation.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-11-2020, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
What exactly were they ticketed for? Because Hinshaw has stated that being in the car with a friend won’t get you a ticket unless you’re required to be isolating under one of the public health orders. Would be an easy one to fight since no public health order says you can’t ride in the car with someone and the RCMP already had to drop tickets they issued for the exact same situation.
I'm not sure tbh, was a couple friends of my mother's.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:15 PM

Co-worker of mine got pulled over mid march on the way to site. Leduc county he was at a stop light and coughed. Peacer saw him cough whipped around and pulled him over, gave him a warning and told him to go home. What a joke to get pulled over for a tickle in your throat. I honestly didn't believe it at first but he was serious.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
By the reaction of some as well as on other forums it appears that 80 and 90 year old's are expendable. That is until you might be one of them. What a sad way of thinking.
Is being locked up so you can't see or be seen by the only people who care about you, living? 80 and 90 year olds kinda/sorta expect to die as they read obituarys most of their life too. I'm thinking most of them would like for their descendants to live a life also.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glion View Post
Co-worker of mine got pulled over mid march on the way to site. Leduc county he was at a stop light and coughed. Peacer saw him cough whipped around and pulled him over, gave him a warning and told him to go home. What a joke to get pulled over for a tickle in your throat. I honestly didn't believe it at first but he was serious.
Hmmmm.