Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-09-2020, 07:09 AM

Default Covid 19 car travelling tickets

Heard romours that people are getting tickets for traveling in a car with people outside their family home if both in the front seat.

Anyone on this site actually get one ?
Old 05-09-2020, 07:18 AM

I would not be surprised because I am pretty sure that you are going to be breaking the social distancing laws unless you have a custom super wide vehicle
Old 05-09-2020, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
I would not be surprised because I am pretty sure that you are going to be breaking the social distancing laws unless you have a custom super wide vehicle
Finally an excuse to buy that H1 I've been trying to justify! I don't currently travel with people but you never know when you might need to give a friend a lift.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:40 AM

Couple of tickets for that passed out in Cochrane by some over zealous cop, but cancelled due to public outcry.

Grizz
Old 05-09-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Heard romours that people are getting tickets for traveling in a car with people outside their family home if both in the front seat.

Anyone on this site actually get one ?
Nope but my best friend is an RCMP. He issued a couple last month as did his partner. Demographic was all younger 20 somethings cruising...
Old 05-09-2020, 08:49 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Good...selfishness will get you a ticket....more at play here as in people's lives...get together with friends not exercising social distancing....go home to your family and yup the virus luv's idiots....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-09-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Nope but my best friend is an RCMP. He issued a couple last month as did his partner. Demographic was all younger 20 somethings cruising...
The only people I see around town cruising together that aren’t related are cops.

-Billy Molls
Old 05-09-2020, 09:41 AM
Banned

Fake news.
Three tickets handed out that immediately dismissed.
https://www.discoverairdrie.com/loca...le-in-vehicles
Old 05-09-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
The only people I see around town cruising together that aren’t related are cops.
I've noticed this as well...
Old 05-09-2020, 10:46 AM

Domestic violence cases are way up as well.
Child abuse cases are currently down as it was always the schools raising the red flags and contacting Child and Family Services. Now children don’t have that safety net when it comes to abusive parents.

I hope this is all worth it to save a bunch of 80 and 90 year olds from dying.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
Fake news.
Three tickets handed out that immediately dismissed.
https://www.discoverairdrie.com/loca...le-in-vehicles
Definitely happened here in Sherwood Park. I’ll ask Derek if they were thrown out as well...
Old 05-09-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
I've noticed this as well...
So if two cops are in their car and they do an arrest what do they do for separation. I assume they put the guy in the back and wear masks. This is so ridiculous
Old 05-09-2020, 10:50 AM

Golfing will be fun next week 4 guys going in 4 trucks renting 4 carts and no 19th hole.
Old 05-09-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Golfing will be fun next week 4 guys going in 4 trucks renting 4 carts and no 19th hole.
How do you rent a cart when club houses are supposed to be closed? Serious question. I don’t golf... just curious
Old 05-09-2020, 11:01 AM

I get the rule but I have a MIL and Bro inlaw(handcapped) who don't drive. When we go to one of his or her doc type appts, it will be me or the wife so that is 3 in the car and they don't live with us. If we get pulled over, I hope it is an understanding LEO and not a goof with a chip on their shoulder.

Wife has to take her mom shopping as well, so far no issues.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
I get the rule but I have a MIL and Bro inlaw(handcapped) who don't drive. When we go to one of his or her doc type appts, it will be me or the wife so that is 3 in the car and they don't live with us. I f we get pulled over, I hope it is an understanding LEO and not a goof with a chip on their shoulder.
Absolutely need some discretion in regards to cases like yours for sure...
Old 05-09-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
How do you rent a cart when club houses are supposed to be closed? Serious question. I don’t golf... just curious
Everything is pre paid and someone will be there to issue carts. Having to rent 2 more carts when there is 4 people will be costly. Courses are going to charge too much to play for lots of people
Old 05-09-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Not too tough, when we took the kids to Elk Island, club house would leave all carts outside and most have a key in them. Been like that for years. Pick which one you want kinda thing.

Just have to figure out a self serve kiosk where you enter the CC number and cart number I guess. Then go.

Companies that rent porta potty's and golf carts will be doubling their business this summer I think.
Old 05-09-2020, 11:17 AM

Quote:

golf courses are open....call in..get your booking....one per cart unless you can prove its a family member...payment made over the phone etc...all carts are wiped down etc prior to use and are in the parking lot area...tee off times are staggered more than normal and social distancing is monitored.

Old 05-09-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsalot View Post
So if two cops are in their car and they do an arrest what do they do for separation. I assume they put the guy in the back and wear masks. This is so ridiculous
There is always the trunk
Old 05-09-2020, 11:50 AM

Quote:

I hope this is all worth it to save a bunch of 80 and 90 year olds from dying.

You have some issues you need to deal with......
Old 05-09-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post
You have some issues you need to deal with......
Just getting a little frustrated with the whole thing. There are more people suffering with non covid issues that all stem from this reaction to Covid.

The reaction to Covid in my opinion has been way more harmful to people than the actual disease. Job loss, financial strain, loss of education, loss of activities that help with mental health... it’s endless. That’s my issue...

Last edited by 1899b; 05-09-2020 at 12:09 PM.
Old 05-09-2020, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Definitely happened here in Sherwood Park. I’ll ask Derek if they were thrown out as well...
That wouldn’t surprise me...I’ve had more than a few EPS members tell me that Sherwood Park RCMP has a reputation for being...shall we say overzealous handing out tickets....which get thrown out in court.
Last year my son was stopped (there’s a thread on it).... given over $600 worth of tickets which were dropped to about $100 when we went to court.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Just getting a little frustrated with the whole thing. There are more people suffering with non covid issues that all stem from this reaction to Covid.

The reaction to Covid in my opinion has been way more harmful to people than the actual disease. Job loss, financial strain, loss of education, loss of activities that help with mental health... it’s endless. That’s my issue...
better than death....

Old 05-09-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
better than death....
True. But the mortality rate in people that are healthy and non compromised is non existent. If we make it out of this, are we going to stop the world again for another new virus some day? I dunno very frustrating...
Old 05-09-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
True. But the mortality rate in people that are healthy and non compromised is non existent. If we make it out of this, are we going to stop the world again for another new virus some day? I dunno very frustrating...
I think we will see what happens after we open up a bit just how this virus will impact the young/healthy....

as for stopping for another virus that is as or more intense than this one yup...

hopefully the medical experts are on top of these situations that allow a virus to mutate etc....time will tell.

Old 05-09-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:

I couldn't agree more. What's the govt plan to deal with all the bankruptcies, debt, mental health, stress, etc. The true death numbers 100% directly related to Covid are certainly lower than whats being reported. Drs are being told to note Covid death when in reality that is not the case. Talk to some Drs and nurses, you will get the real story. Its time to get on with life and get the world working again, NOW.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Good...selfishness will get you a ticket....more at play here as in people's lives...get together with friends not exercising social distancing....go home to your family and yup the virus luv's idiots....
How tall is the ladder you need to get on and off that horse you've been riding for weeks? Do you get commision from Dr.Tam for your public safety social media shaming posts? It's like you found religion.....'Burn the witches!!'

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 05-09-2020 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2020, 02:27 PM

I am about done with the bubble wrap precautions were taken and the outbreak has been running long enough to get an idea of what it’s about. It is clear what part of the population is at risk and the survival rate of Covid19
Old 05-09-2020, 04:19 PM

[QUOTE=1899b;4166840]Just getting a little frustrated with the whole thing. There are more people suffering with non covid issues that all stem from this reaction to Covid.

The reaction to Covid in my opinion has been way more harmful to people than the actual disease. Job loss, financial strain, loss of education, loss of activities that help with mental health... it’s endless. That’s my issue...[/QU

Keep us posted when you lose a family member to this virus, also it's not just old and in the way people that are dying. Got to have a drink after reading this mindless drivel.

Last edited by threeforthree; 05-09-2020 at 07:57 PM.