Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2014, 10:16 AM

Default Flintlock question. need info and help

Good morning. so i'v been toying with the idea of getting into gun's ( into trad archery) and flintlocks seem like fun and due to not having my p.a.l seem to be the way to go. so after endless reading online over laws it seems i can buy a Flintlock as long as it does not use Percussion caps. so armed with my new found info i decided to go online and look at stuff .
i phoned basspro here in crossiron mills and asked about the Traditions Kentucky rifle .50 cal , it seems a good place to start and price was right. How ever the guy i talked to said i need my p.a.l i tryed explaining it wasn't percussion cap so i don't. he wouldn't budge on it no matter how i explained it. so now im wondering do i need my P.A.L to buy a flintlock ?????? let alone black powder...

So if i dont need a p.a.l were can i buy one in calgary area or drumheller med hat or lethbridge areas with out hassle ???
next How hard is it to get left hand one ?
do i need a p.a.l to get black powder ?
any info on any this be great . sorry if i rambled a bit i tend to when typing.just want to get into a new sport.
P.S flintlock pistols look like fun also do i need a p.a.l for those ?