Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2023, 06:15 PM

Default US Republican leadership race

Chris Christie is on CNN.

He is looking very strong. Very well spoken. Attacking Trump hard and pointing out Biden weaknesses.

If the guy went on Keto and lost 80 lbs he would look formidable. As it stands now he looks younger but looks like a walking heart attack.

It is important to Canada this race as we need someone less protectionist and more Canada friendly. Is Christie more Canada friendly than Trump? Not sure yet.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-12-2023, 06:31 PM

What a hell are you doing watching CNN?
Old 06-12-2023, 06:39 PM

Hopefully Biden keels over and RFK takes the Democratic ticket. Then it doesn’t matter. I’d be happy with RS, DT or RFK.
Old 06-12-2023, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
Is this surprising? Lol.
Old 06-12-2023, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Don’t have Fox News and cnn had a Republican

Only a blind and deaf man would refuse to listen to all the ideas before making an opinion.

Can you even talk factually between what Christie stands for versus Trump?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-12-2023, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
Hopefully Biden keels over and RFK takes the Democratic ticket. Then it doesn’t matter. I’d be happy with RS, DT or RFK.
I’m sorry but Biden just doesn’t look strong enough to be a credible leader. He seems to have a good memory to memorize speeches but he can barely walk and stand.
Old 06-12-2023, 08:32 PM

Half the US looks like a walking heart attack - that makes him more relatable.

Chris Christie won’t be able to pull the hard MAGA fanatics (and apparently thinks it’s a good idea to yell at them??), but Florida man can. That makes it his race to lose, because trump can’t win another election.

Say what you will about democrats, they unite much better than republicans.

My bet is Florida man wins the republican nomination and any famous democrat wins the election.
Old 06-12-2023, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Half the US looks like a walking heart attack - that makes him more relatable.

Chris Christie won’t be able to pull the hard MAGA fanatics (and apparently thinks it’s a good idea to yell at them??), but Florida man can. That makes it his race to lose, because trump can’t win another election.

Say what you will about democrats, they unite much better than republicans.

My bet is Florida man wins the republican nomination and any famous democrat wins the election.
There are two camps in the Republican Party.

One that supports Trump and what he stands for. Himself.

One that doesn’t support Trump and wants to follow conservative values that benefits the population.

Only Christie has publicly opposed Trump. All the rest are Trumpers. People need an option.

1. Trump self serving politics.

2. Republican first politics.

It’s the only hard option. Is there enough Trump at any cost voters or more that want a sane candidate.
Old 06-12-2023, 09:33 PM

Just thinking out loud here.

I wonder what the economy would be like with Bernier running the north and Trump running things south of 49?

That’s all I’m wondering right now.

Last edited by Pathfinder76; 06-12-2023 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-12-2023, 10:30 PM

This should tell you everything you need to know, Sun:

I guess one more:

And the source: https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/cbs...mp-indictment/

Christie is in the error of margin range. Pretty like everyone else except for Desantis. At this point anyway. But so was Trump when he first ran for the nomination.
Old 06-12-2023, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post

I guess one more:

Christie is in the error of margin range. Pretty like everyone else except for Desantis. At this point anyway. But so was Trump when he first ran for the nomination.
And people wonder why they are always after him.
Old 06-12-2023, 11:19 PM

^ Like the man himself said 7 years ago: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iTACH1eVIaA

Seems crazy it was 7 years ago. Time flies.
Old 06-13-2023, 12:25 AM

Trying to lock him up week after week for years only sends one message.

There scared slitest of the guy ,this is why America likes him .The people fear there government and finally they have a guy who doesn't fear those clowns regardless of his character or integrity. Trump stinks bad, but the rest smell 50 times worst .

Every swinging dick knows Trump is crooked ,but that line is very long with 99.9 percent of politicians in the USA .

The DNC is the largest criminal gang in the USA and I wouldn't be surprised if they took him out .

That would through the USA in one hell of a tail spin ,along with being the most hated country in the world ,what could possibly go wrong????

Check your watch when it happens and don't sell your black suit ,it will get used plenty in the future .

I really don't care what Trump does ,but this constant stuff for years on end makes you think ,why is he so hated . FEAR FROM WITHIN THE DARK STATE ???

Trump could have stashed those papers in which they would never be found ,so why would he want them discovered and the plot thickens .

Maybe old Joe humpen a sheep or a goat in Iran or Hilary dress up as a sheep. . Selling the pics to the national enquire, why not just give them to James Comey he's faster then the pony express in being a the biggest Rat around in the media.

lmao .
Cheers

Last edited by JD848; 06-13-2023 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-13-2023, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Chris Christie is on CNN.

He is looking very strong. Very well spoken. Attacking Trump hard and pointing out Biden weaknesses.

If the guy went on Keto and lost 80 lbs he would look formidable. As it stands now he looks younger but looks like a walking heart attack.

It is important to Canada this race as we need someone less protectionist and more Canada friendly. Is Christie more Canada friendly than Trump? Not sure yet.
Trump would be much more Canada friendly if the PM wasn't an a-hole.
Old 06-13-2023, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
I must be living under a rock. Who in the hell is "RFK"?
Old 06-13-2023, 06:55 AM

Robert F Kennedy JR. a completely new name in politics. Lol.

Last edited by Pathfinder76; 06-13-2023 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-13-2023, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post

I guess one more:

Christie just entered the race. This poll as far as Christie is concerned is meaningless. Trump also smacked him down last time but all opponents where fighting an unknown. Now they have facts on their side. Not saying he will excel but Trump’s virtues are entirely promoted by trump and believed by many which is sociologically very interesting.

Will Christie’s popularity grow? Hard to say but I’m hoping he stirs things up and gets into the debates.

When it comes to more like Trump… the definition is key. Perceived pro business or psycho nut job… that’s the question.

Do people want controversy or positive results. Someone who thinks about themselves or the country.
Old 06-13-2023, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
Trump would be much more Canada friendly if the PM wasn't an a-hole.
Between Biden and trump…trump is best for Canada for sure. Far less protectionist.
Old 06-13-2023, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
Trying to lock him up week after week for years only sends one message.

There scared slitest of the guy ,this is why America likes him .The people fear there government and finally they have a guy who doesn't fear those clowns regardless of his character or integrity. Trump stinks bad, but the rest smell 50 times worst .

Every swinging dick knows Trump is crooked ,but that line is very long with 99.9 percent of politicians in the USA .

The DNC is the largest criminal gang in the USA and I wouldn't be surprised if they took him out .

That would through the USA in one hell of a tail spin ,along with being the most hated country in the world ,what could possibly go wrong????

Check your watch when it happens and don't sell your black suit ,it will get used plenty in the future .

I really don't care what Trump does ,but this constant stuff for years on end makes you think ,why is he so hated . FEAR FROM WITHIN THE DARK STATE ???

Trump could have stashed those papers in which they would never be found ,so why would he want them discovered and the plot thickens .

Maybe old Joe humpen a sheep or a goat in Iran or Hilary dress up as a sheep. . Selling the pics to the national enquire, why not just give them to James Comey he's faster then the pony express in being a the biggest Rat around in the media.

lmao .
Cheers
The trial in Trumps home turf will be telling.

I do see it interesting that many say he’s innocent however he broke his own law. Put in place to protect the country. He received many warnings to return secret documents and not just refused but lied about it. And now people are surprised.

Makes me wonder what goes through a persons mind who thinks they are so above the law that they can flaunt it with impunity.

If Biden did this… Trump would be screaming from the rafters.

Remember… Biden and Pence both had documents that should of been returned. When they were asked to return them they complied immediately. None have documented evidence that they showed the info to others.

If Trudeau did this people on here would be freaking out.

Donald does it and the excuse is all politicians are bad so don’t pick on him.

Trump made his bed on this one… now he needs to accept responsibility for it. Why he did it is likely a psychology thesis.

No one points to the obvious reason why he keeps getting called to the carpet. Maybe because he is a narcissist and egomaniac?

Also the dude is incredibly smart. People are sending him millions of dollars which he can spend however he wants on anything he wants… personal, private, political. If I could get people to send me unconditional donations I’d be laughing all the way to the bank. He uses these controversies and legal woes to make serious dough. Maybe he went too far this time with state secrets.

What he is likely banking on is to win the presidency again. Go on sick leave for a week… have his VP become acting president… pardon him for everything and then become president again. Lol. And it would work.

But can he beat Biden. Old Biden is beatable but can Trump beat his own past transgressions? Hard to say. I wouldn’t put money on it.

Last edited by Sundancefisher; 06-13-2023 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-13-2023, 08:38 AM

Quote:
The trial in Trumps home turf will be telling.

I do see it interesting that many say he’s innocent however he broke his own law. Put in place to protect the country. He received many warnings to return secret documents and not just refused but lied about it. And now people are surprised.

Makes me wonder what goes through a persons mind who thinks they are so above the law that they can flaunt it with impunity.

If Biden did this… Trump would be screaming from the rafters.

Remember… Biden and Pence both had documents that should of been returned. When they were asked to return them they complied immediately. None have documented evidence that they showed the info to others.

If Trudeau did this people on here would be freaking out.

Donald does it and the excuse is all politicians are bad so don’t pick on him.

Trump made his bed on this one… now he needs to accept responsibility for it. Why he did it is likely a psychology thesis.

No one points to the obvious reason why he keeps getting called to the carpet. Maybe because he is a narcissist and egomaniac?

Also the dude is incredibly smart. People are sending him millions of dollars which he can spend however he wants on anything he wants… personal, private, political. If I could get people to send me unconditional donations I’d be laughing all the way to the bank. He uses these controversies and legal woes to make serious dough. Maybe he went too far this time with state secrets.

What he is likely banking on is to win the presidency again. Go on sick leave for a week… have his VP become acting president… pardon him for everything and then become president again. Lol. And it would work.

But can he beat Biden. Old Biden is beatable but can Trump beat his own past transgressions? Hard to say. I wouldn’t put money on it.
Can Trump defeat his own transgressions? Well Trudeau was re elected, and what he has done has been much worse for our country. Or are the American voters smarter and less forgiving than the Canadian voters? Whoever represents the Republicans has to defeat the entitled atmosphere that has taken over both Canada and the USA, and that has been promoted by Trudeau and Biden.
Old 06-13-2023, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Can Trump defeat his own transgressions? Well Trudeau was re elected, and what he has done has been much worse for our country. Or are the American voters smarter and less forgiving than the Canadian voters? Whoever represents the Republicans has to defeat the entitled atmosphere that has taken over both Canada and the USA, and that has been promoted by Trudeau and Biden.
The system is broke when the best of the best leaders within a country is short listed to Trudeau, Biden or Trump.

It’s a crazy world.
Old 06-13-2023, 10:08 AM

Quote:
That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trump is proof.jpg (37.9 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Trump plane.jpg (37.9 KB, 57 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 06-13-2023, 10:24 AM

Interesting poll shows Trump should worry about public opinion.

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/abc-news...ral-indictment

The wording is more specific.
Old 06-13-2023, 11:00 AM

Quote:
The system is broke when the best of the best leaders within a country is short listed to Trudeau, Biden or Trump.

It’s a crazy world.
I swear that there was a Trudeau in government before.
Old 06-13-2023, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Interesting poll shows Trump should worry about public opinion.

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/abc-news...ral-indictment

The wording is more specific.
Honest question. Why are you so worried about this?
Old 06-13-2023, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Don’t have Fox News and cnn had a Republican

Only a blind and deaf man would refuse to listen to all the ideas before making an opinion.

Can you even talk factually between what Christie stands for versus Trump?
I don’t really care who is going to win as long as it’s a republican. Trump has proven himself in some areas that I consider very important: he wants out oil, he signed up a peace agreement between Israel and half a dozen Arab countries, he moved the American embassy to Jerusalem and he cut off the money flow to hizballah and PLO. During his presidency there was no war between Israel and its friendly neighbours. He was able to do something that nobody could before him.
Old 06-13-2023, 02:09 PM

If I was a Yankee. I would be voting for Desantis #1, Trump #2. Haley #3. However I think Trump might be heading to Jail. Double standards, amongst politicians is appalling. Republicans (50% country), will rebel. America will split. Civil war will ensue, or Country will be “The divided states of the America”. Neo-Cons pushing for ww3. Might cause no election. All previous presidents whom were in warfare were re-elected. Even Civil war president Abe Lincoln. Who was shot shortly after war ended.
Old 06-13-2023, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathfinder76 View Post
Honest question. Why are you so worried about this?
Honest question why do people assume one needs to be worried to want to follow the US election. You realize they are our neighbor and our largest trading partner.

Our economy is hugely impacted by the US and a protectionist president isn’t good for Canada and neither is a nut job in the long run.

Trump is better for Canada than Biden. Neither one of them are competent leaders.
Old 06-13-2023, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
If I was a Yankee. I would be voting for Desantis #1, Trump #2. Haley #3. However I think Trump might be heading to Jail. Double standards, amongst politicians is appalling. Republicans (50% country), will rebel. America will split. Civil war will ensue, or Country will be “The divided states of the America”. Neo-Cons pushing for ww3. Might cause no election. All previous presidents whom were in warfare were re-elected. Even Civil war president Abe Lincoln. Who was shot shortly after war ended.
Haley looks half decent also. Desantis and his Disney debacle would make me wonder if he spends most of his time chasing butterflies out of the White House gardens than dealing with the big issues.

I don’t see any double standards. As the court documents read he was asked to return documents. He ignored. Then sent a few things back but kept a ton and lied about it. Then was showing off by reading and/or showing docs to people without clearance.

Not a single charge pertains to anything he returned. Both Biden and Pence said ops. I might have some stuff. Come get it all. End of story.

How smart is Trump? He ignored a court order. Is he above the law?

Republicans would be best. However regardless of which party gets just like in Canada we all need to stop spending beyond our means.
Old 06-13-2023, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I don’t really care who is going to win as long as it’s a republican. Trump has proven himself in some areas that I consider very important: he wants out oil, he signed up a peace agreement between Israel and half a dozen Arab countries, he moved the American embassy to Jerusalem and he cut off the money flow to hizballah and PLO. During his presidency there was no war between Israel and its friendly neighbours. He was able to do something that nobody could before him.
There are huge differences between the GOP candidates. Who is the most sane and most fiscally responsible is where I would look.

Trump hasn’t been good for debt.