Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-24-2020, 07:05 PM

Default patience

I got to hit the river Friday in a friends boat, he managed a small dino just as we were quitting. I went the whole day without a single bite I could see. Hit one of the same spots from shore today, 4 bites in 10 hours. But, they were the good bites River was up 4 or 5 feet from Friday bank high so I managed to lose number 4 in the willows, was only a little 4 footer anyways. Had a size 5 circle hook on, thats the second dino circles have cost me the past couple weeks now so Im done with them for sturgeon. Caught a 40 a 48 and a 52 incher not bad and all 3 got some decent airtime. the biggest actually jumped and a second sturgeon came out same time side by side, I wasnt sure which even had my hook in it! Flooded everything makes for some interesting fights when they get in close then make a full power run down the shoreline! They certainly know how to get rid of a hook! One was freshly spawned, big scrapes on both sides of its head.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200524_144715.jpg (30.8 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg 20200524_144742.jpg (37.1 KB, 149 views)

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-24-2020, 08:53 PM

Tks for the details, had to look twice at your pic's to see the scrapes, so that as a result of spawning, interesting. High water means big fish active, all the best over the next week, hope it lasts.

D.