Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 05-14-2020, 07:47 AM

Default Bow River Float Buddy/group

OK, here's the deal. Like most of us I have a significant other and as such she has worries for me on the Bow at my experience lvl so I will try to alleviate it by trying her suggestion.

I am looking for someone who would be willing to go down part/s of the Bow in Calgary and just help/teach me some of the ins and outs of floating. In case you didnt see my post about my PPB in another thread, I have never floated the Bow on my own and was lucky to go down parts last yr, twice, in a float boat as a passenger.

She is worried about the river at this or any time of yr, my lack of experience, knowledge, and abilities. She thinks that a floating buddy is the way to go. I being like any normal guy was more than willing to jump in and "sink or float".

I know the covid thing makes people antsy, but I think floating is not going to put people within 6'.

Well, thats about it, if you are interested or know of a group or people, please let me know.

I am Dennis and if you want to email gibbysr@telusplanet.net
Old 05-14-2020, 08:00 AM

It’s always good to have someone with you as a float buddy but that being said it’s Offen hard for people to go out at the same times and dates.I would tell the wife you understand what she is saying but if your in the city section there’s usually eyes on you 95 percent of the time with the amount of people out.Hopefully you can find a fishing buddy and I will try to remember your name and go for a rip with you cause my wife likes that as well.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:37 PM

Im not the one for floating the bow, don't have a boat, or anything close, but I like hiking and fly fishing,
Old 06-01-2020, 06:53 PM

Add me to the group too. I would love to meet new people to float with.

You can also email me at:

nelsonpclee@gmail.com