Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 06-04-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksman View Post
Yes. This was the point of making everyone buy their wildlife certificate, at least they will get more money from the ANTI's and everyone else that continues to clog the system. That is what people aren't understanding. Re-evaluate this thread when the draw results are out and it shows less people put in because apparently they cant afford their wildlife certificate.....
This is what I thought as well. They may not be able to afford or don't want to waste their money on a Wildlife Certificate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
And the antis that have never held a hunting license, will be forced to take a course to purchase their wildlife certificate, because their WIN doesn't authorize them to purchase a wildlife certificate.
I never thought of this part. Aside from first time hunters, I was not aware of this requirement to have the course completed requiring to purchase the Wildlife Certificate, since there WIN is insufficient in itself. I am not disagreeing with you, but where (documentation) is this course --> Wildlife Certificate eligibility noted? I understand this may be easy to come to this conclusion and it makes a lot of sense to have the course completed, so I would love to see this somewhere official. I have done some cursory searches and did not find this exact wording (which exact wording may not exist but can be easily pieced together). Thanks.

Also, if this is indeed the case then let's rejoice that the numbers may be fewer this year, so we can ALL benefit with fewer applications.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezzola View Post
They sure closed down alot of areas that where archery general bull moose and put it on draw this year
I did not notice. Which ones?
Old 06-05-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaselBeard View Post
I did not notice. Which ones?
339-346

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaselBeard View Post
This is what I thought as well. They may not be able to afford or don't want to waste their money on a Wildlife Certificate.

I never thought of this part. Aside from first time hunters, I was not aware of this requirement to have the course completed requiring to purchase the Wildlife Certificate, since there WIN is insufficient in itself. I am not disagreeing with you, but where (documentation) is this course --> Wildlife Certificate eligibility noted? I understand this may be easy to come to this conclusion and it makes a lot of sense to have the course completed, so I would love to see this somewhere official. I have done some cursory searches and did not find this exact wording (which exact wording may not exist but can be easily pieced together). Thanks.

Also, if this is indeed the case then let's rejoice that the numbers may be fewer this year, so we can ALL benefit with fewer applications.
If the anti has never purchased a hunting license, and why would they given that they don't hunt., then he /she is a first time hunter.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If you don't purchase it, the tag is not issued to anyone. This is why anyone that draws , should be charged immediately.

Agree with this 100%. You win a draw you pay for it immediately - same as any other online purchase.