Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 11-28-2023, 06:16 PM

Default Components

Seem's there is More & More Components around every day,Hard to find powder,Projectioes and Brass,even Primers are showing up periodicaly.Are we heading out of drought,or just sparse back order shipments ?
Old 11-28-2023, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
Seem's there is More & More Components around every day,Hard to find powder,Projectioes and Brass,even Primers are showing up periodicaly.Are we heading out of drought,or just sparse back order shipments ?

Well if anyone comes across federal 215 magnum primers, don't hesitate to private message me please.
Old 11-28-2023, 08:44 PM

Supply and demand. Prices/inflation finally pushed some hoarders to quit, so things are making it here a little more often, there’s less usage in winter, and supply chains are slightly improved. That opens up some manufacturing capacity for non mil cartridges.

Some component manufactures, notably hodgdon, have refused the engage with the bigger companies (remington and winchester) who were happy to feed the hoarders. That goes a long way because most of the hoarders aren’t handloaders. The primer supply is very monopolized though. Thats why it is the last to recover.

Prices are about where we figured they’d stabilize at. Don’t think we’re gonna see a drop any time soon, but you never know what the yanks are gonna do next.

I’ll bet there will be a federal liberal/ndp attack on ammo supplies in the last 6-12 months before the election. Same as always - you want it, get it asap and put it on your shelf. Dont count on future availability
Old 11-28-2023, 09:14 PM

Two wars and a pending third one will out stipe supply soon enough. Plus a bunch of left wing gun grabbers in power in more then a few countries around the world will all have an effect on supply. Manufactures are unsure about the future and are reluctant to put more resources into the civilian pipeline and will concentrate more on the military market. The golden years of reloading maybe a thing of the past for ten to fifteen years.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 11-28-2023, 09:14 PM

I am starting to see more powders showing up, but some are still scarce. Primers will hopefully show up in better numbers in 2024. I don't see prices dropping, more like stabilizing.