Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2022, 04:01 PM

Default Furnace Company Recommendations - Calgary

Hello,
I am adding this for a fellow outdoorsman and friend. He is getting the run around with a furnace company right now. They are saying he needs to replace his furnace but he thinks that it can be fixed and he is wanting to get a second opinion as he has this gut feeling that this furnace company is kinda of shady and is trying to pull a a fast one on him. Can anyone recommend a furnace company here in Calgary that you have had dealings with and would recommend? Thank you in advance!
Old 05-04-2022, 05:12 PM

What’s the make and model. What are they saying is wrong with it?
Old 05-04-2022, 05:42 PM

Had the same thing myself with one of the bigger companies in Calgary. I had Bootsma Heating here twice and no upselling at all. Actually recommended to not change my older furnaces until they totally died. Replaced a blower motor this winter and checked the whole system over including optimizing the 2 blower motors at no charge.
Old 05-05-2022, 01:27 PM

Short of the heat exchanger being compromised, you don’t ever NEED to replace a furnace. There does eventually come a point however where you will spend more in parts and labour than a replacement would be worth.

You’re welcome to pm me if you any question, and if you’d like I’d be happy to take a look at it for him next time I’m in the city. (No cost, no obligation)
Old 05-05-2022, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewalt18 View Post
Short of the heat exchanger being compromised, you don’t ever NEED to replace a furnace. There does eventually come a point however where you will spend more in parts and labour than a replacement would be worth.

You’re welcome to pm me if you any questions, and if you’d like I’d be happy to take a look at it for him next time I’m in the city. (No cost, no obligation)
PS, I should add I’m a 24 year experienced sheet metal worker with extensive furnace experience