Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2019, 12:34 AM
Banned

Old 01-17-2019, 06:18 AM

Looks like another rebuild coming up North. I wonder why it is so difficult to keep a thread open for them?
Old 01-17-2019, 08:43 AM

The new improved Oilers thread got nuked too??

Wasn't me! I haven't posted over there in days, not since Lucic defied the odds and scored twice in one game!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 01-17-2019, 09:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
Looks like another rebuild coming up North. I wonder why it is so difficult to keep a thread open for them?
Because you guys are the only ones who post in it.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
The new improved Oilers thread got nuked too??

Wasn't me! I haven't posted over there in days, not since Lucic defied the odds and scored twice in one game!
It's still up...just not active...kinda like their team
Old 01-17-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223MB View Post
Because you guys are the only ones who post in it.
Looks kike the Mods just had to clean up some stuff.

And your welcome for trying to breath some life into the fans. We just want to see you guys succeed.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Missed it by that much.....
Old 01-17-2019, 12:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Heck Rittich, here's a tip, when you go down on your knees, there's a good 6" above your shoulder and the bar, these guys can hit it. He lets alot by in that hole it seems.
You're right . I think that hole is even bigger than just 6" at times . Almost looks like its a target now .
Old 01-17-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgill808 View Post
Looks kike the Mods just had to clean up some stuff.

And your welcome for trying to breath some life into the fans. We just want to see you guys succeed.
They needed to get rid of "Dead Head" and all is good. He hasn't made intelligent or useful comment on any of the hockey threads since they have started... the break with be nice, but too bad it wasn't permanent.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spruster View Post
You're right . I think that hole is even bigger than just 6" at times . Almost looks like its a target now .
Just saw the overtime goal again...if Rittich just stood square there was no hole...he does seem to like dropping to the butterfly quickly..easily corrected I hope
Old 01-17-2019, 03:18 PM

Never really realized this, but apparently every shot on goal the Sabres got in the 3rd and overtime periods when in.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:40 PM

I missed the game last night due to flight delays (My favorite) Seen the OT on highlights and that was not pretty, how did they play last night overall? Reading some mixed opinions. Hope after this all star break we get back to being a tough Ace team not one that is getting points. Although will take em ha.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig-Rat View Post
I missed the game last night due to flight delays (My favorite) Seen the OT on highlights and that was not pretty, how did they play last night overall? Reading some mixed opinions. Hope after this all star break we get back to being a tough Ace team not one that is getting points. Although will take em ha.
Rig.. I have 2 different thoughts on the game..
There is mine (I watched on TV) and there is Willys. (He was actually at the game.)

I thought they looked relatively uninspired and that BSD was just a regular goalie last night.

Willy thought they played just fine and that the GT from Buff saved the whole game for them.

Interesting how the out look can be different just based on TV hrs being there. I trust Willys judgment as he probably knows more about this game than I do.

BTW... Guess who has tickets to the Jersey retirement game????

BUT!!!! If I keep seeing worse seats than mine go for $250 per seat I would be interested in seeing them.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Rig.. I have 2 different thoughts on the game..
There is mine (I watched on TV) and there is Willys. (He was actually at the game.)

I thought they looked relatively uninspired and that BSD was just a regular goalie last night.

Willy thought they played just fine and that the GT from Buff saved the whole game for them.

Interesting how the out look can be different just based on TV hrs being there. I trust Willys judgment as he probably knows more about this game than I do.

BTW... Guess who has tickets to the Jersey retirement game????

BUT!!!! If I keep seeing worse seats than mine go for $250 per seat I would be interested in seeing them.
Yeah looks like the Buffalo GT made some good saves from the highlights for sure.
Cool about tickets to that game, I believe is against the Wild?? That's usually a pretty spirited game so may be worth going.
I did hear the ticket prices for that game were pretty high for sure.
I believe this is the first Flames jersey to be retired? I am wanting to say Lanny was but not 100% atm
Old 01-17-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Yeah looks like the Buffalo GT made some good saves from the highlights for sure.
Cool about tickets to that game, I believe is against the Wild?? That's usually a pretty spirited game so may be worth going.
I believe this is the first Flames jersey to be retired? I am wanting to say Lanny was but not 100% atm
Lanny and Mike Vernon have both been retired. Al McInnis and Joe Nieuwendyk are both in the forever a flame program.

I also won tickets at Christmas to the March 2nd game, seems like a much better prize now!!
Old 01-17-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Iggy's is getting retired

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...tire-1.4982454

Lanny is a hockey legend but he is much a Leaf as he was Flame. Iggy and McInnis would get my vote ahead of Lanny.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post

Lanny is a hockey legend but he is much a Leaf as he was Flame. Iggy and McInnis would get my vote ahead of Lanny.
Right yeah forgot about Vernon as well, Ugh frozen brain as she is cold up North here. Did Leafs do anything for Lanny?
Iggy for sure deserved, Al McInnis and Joe Nieuwendyk, I would agree with as well. Man that was a good era of hockey hey. That BOA was epic, absolute hate for each other.

Which reminds me Flames will be kickin some Oiler butt this Sat
Had to be said.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:37 PM

Wife called and asked me if I want 4 tickets for this weekend's Oilers game.... Hell Yeah! Got the email, and was a little disappointed....but Brendan is excited about seeing a Hurricane!
Old 01-17-2019, 05:39 PM
Banned

Quote:

Are you kidding me? Here in Calgary the fact he played for the leafs is right up there with the fact he played for the rockies as well. His career for the folks of Calgary was made in the Red and Gold. The fact he has been such a awesome member of our community doesn't hurt either. He is not a leaf and doesn't consider himself to be. Just a another outhouse on the way to the penthouse!
Old 01-17-2019, 05:41 PM
Banned

The one I really dont want to see retired is Theo.. Don't have a bunch of use for that guy. Hopefully the Flames feel the same way.
Old 01-17-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Are you kidding me? Here in Calgary the fact he played for the leafs is right up there with the fact he played for the rockies as well. His career for the folks of Calgary was made in the Red and Gold. The fact he has been such a awesome member of our community doesn't hurt either. He is not a leaf and doesn't consider himself to be. Just a another outhouse on the way to the penthouse!
I said he was a hockey legend, but numbers are usually retired because of superstar status, not community involvement. I guess he would have the same kind of status as Al Hamilton.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
I said he was a hockey legend, but numbers are usually retired because of superstar status, not community involvement. I guess he would have the same kind of status as Al Hamilton.
Lanny wasn't just community minded. The guy could have and still could run for Mayor and be elected. He is the face of this franchise and has been since the day he was traded here. You see Lanny, you think Flames. You here the name "Lanny" and you think Flames. You can never say enough good things about that Man. He is the standard that every player can only hope to hold themselves up to. Iggy is in the same stratosphere. ALMOST... If he would have won a cup here and stayed here he would have been at the exact same level instead, he is number 2.
Never heard of Al Hamilton. I had to go look him up. 31 Games as a NHL Oiler and they retired his number??? Those would have been different times with the transition between the WHL and the NHL.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
The one I really dont want to see retired is Theo.. Don't have a bunch of use for that guy. Hopefully the Flames feel the same way.
Maybe, but when you consider what he went through and was able to accomplish considering his size at the time. It is pretty impressive
Old 01-17-2019, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderek View Post
Maybe, but when you consider what he went through and was able to accomplish considering his size at the time. It is pretty impressive
I know my thoughts on the whole thing are defiantly not Politically correct.
But as a ADULT he put his own predator into a room filled with young men exactly like himself.

When watching his playing with Fire movie. All I could think of was that he was blaming everyone around him. It was the adults in Moose Jaw, it was the Rangers, it was everyone but him.

A few other reasons that are more personal but I can assure you, he deserves nothing.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Lanny wasn't just community minded. The guy could have and still could run for Mayor and be elected. He is the face of this franchise and has been since the day he was traded here. You see Lanny, you think Flames. You here the name "Lanny" and you think Flames. You can never say enough good things about that Man. He is the standard that every player can only hope to hold themselves up to. Iggy is in the same stratosphere. ALMOST... If he would have won a cup here and stayed here he would have been at the exact same level instead, he is number 2.
Never heard of Al Hamilton. I had to go look him up. 31 Games as a NHL Oiler and they retired his number??? Those would have been different times with the transition between the WHL and the NHL.
Relax there Jamie, I don't want you having a "Jammer" on me.... Lanny is a fine gentleman. I remember in '89 that he didn't dress for all the finals but they dressed him for the game that they won the cup. Pure joy to see him raise the cup, I was 15 at the time.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Lanny wasn't just community minded. The guy could have and still could run for Mayor and be elected. He is the face of this franchise and has been since the day he was traded here. You see Lanny, you think Flames. You here the name "Lanny" and you think Flames. You can never say enough good things about that Man. He is the standard that every player can only hope to hold themselves up to. Iggy is in the same stratosphere. ALMOST.
You can say the exact some thing about Iggy. Lanny may be the face of the franchise for people over 40, but to alot of younger people the face of the franchise is Iggy or Gaudreau.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:35 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2019, 11:09 AM

Smith is "Likely", which makes sense, using Rittich for tomorrow.

We'd better be able to beat a team 2 pts from the bottom with Smith.
Old 01-18-2019, 01:05 PM

We should be able to beat the Oilers as well and we all know how the last meeting went. I just hope they get motivated and are not already on the break. Last BOA was nothing amazing like game 1 was.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:06 PM

Funny as the season goes on it takes longer and longer to hear who is starting in net. Everyone speculates Smith ( myself included) but did see Hamonic may be back and it's up to him as he practiced with the team this morning.
Good to hear as things must have settled with his daughter.
Work's Work but family if first. Good on him.
Go Flames!!!!