Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-23-2018, 08:41 PM

Default Anyone here build Golf Clubs ??

Wondering if there are any golf club builders on the forum ?

Thought it might be good to have a few members on a sub-group to keep in touch & help with Q's or share/swap/sell components.

I have all the basic golf shop/tools equipment including an S/W scale, hydraulic puller, heat gun, Golfworks lie/loft bending tool, etc .... & have been fooling around building clubs for the past 8-10 years.

I'm in the process of assembling a set of Titleist 718 Ap2's with Steelfiber i95's & may need some to adjust the S/W to get them from D0 to D3-4. Plan on pulling the heads tomorrow & will have a better idea of head weights.

Anyone here have any tungsten tip weights (not lead tips), Golfworks Cda is out of stock of the 8 gr. & don't want a bunch of lead tape on the heads.

I also have a bunch of components, shafts, heads, adapters, grips, ferrules etc should anyone need some.

Let me know ....

tks

David

Like this .... the blue one.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Zip-in-Z; 04-23-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:32 PM
Banned

Not a club maker but I have the 916 ap2’s and man do I love them.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:18 PM

I do grips for people every now and then Zip...but that's about it, I'm not very smart about how to tweak the clubs to match a swing plane...maybe if we get a game this summer you could help me figure out what I need to shave about a dozen strokes off my game...
There's a small sliver of grass showing along the one side of the fairways here now.. But move over 2 feet and your in 3 feet of snow still. There was a guy out practicing his wedge shots up and down that small sliver of brown grass today..he yelled at me to come hit a few as I drove by in the cart, hahaha I yelled even with a wedge in my hand I'm not that accurate...he laughed then yelled back...yes your right about that, I remember golfing with ya last year a few times!
The wife was with me on the cart, I was wishing i had a V8 under the seat instead of batteries...global warming my guts, power I needed more power, even the wife laughed, at me I think!
Zip

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 04-23-2018, 11:10 PM

Default club making

Zip-in-Z, used to do some club making years ago. Don't have what you are looking for. Might have to pick your brain if I decide to get back into it! Where do you get your components from?
Old 04-24-2018, 06:48 AM

If you build go to mtmsportscanada.com local supplier of club building supplies.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:02 AM

Id sure like to get a 60 made to match my other wedges.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:36 AM

Tks to all who replied, off to the work shop to pull some heads. Then I'll have a better idea on the s/w components I need.

Cheers

D.

Old 04-24-2018, 12:55 PM

I have built a few drivers for long drive competition mostly Bang and SMT stuff. Have also built a few putters, re grip, shaft extensions, the easy stuff. Never got into swing weight adjustments with grinding,inserts, tape etc. Use to get most of my components out of BC.
Old 04-24-2018, 01:42 PM

If you are having a hard time finding tungsten weights and are inventive... if you are designing weighted heads you can get several sizes of metal cutting tool inserts that could be used for club head weights. Some inserts are made of tungsten and have good weight for their size. The pic is just an example of a 1/2" x 3/16". There are all shapes of inserts that could be adapted to insert into the head. Not cheap though.
Some tooling insert shop suppliers also have tungsten buttons. They are used in oilfield applications and inserted into downhole stabilizer ODs. They might be cheaper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cutting insert.jpg (10.9 KB, 4 views)
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets