Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-23-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankbait View Post
following WWII there was a massive epidemic of morphine>heroin abuse by those veterans who came home and crime in larger urban settings stateside skyrocketed. then the US had Korea and Vietnam (lsd).

this fellow was enamored by some mass killer stateside who felt he was not being noticed by women.

on a related note, social media is causing a type of social ineptitude (will find article later) and it may/might be likely that a frequency of keyboard warriors will creep out from moms basement to test their fury in real world more often.

I know there were a lot of drugs being used but they tended to be more natural and less synthesized, I think there is something to that. Not in the manner that some might run with such theories in terms of conspiracy and such, just in the manner that our bodies and minds can probably better process natural compounds than synthetic ones. Anyways, maybe the guy was just nuts without any meds whatsoever?
Old 04-23-2018, 10:02 PM

What bothered me most about the whole thing..Is how quickly the apologists were out in full force making any and all excuses they could for the.....Terrorist.

....ohhh ya can't call it an act of terror.....according to CBC, Global, QR770....etc.
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
That being said, it seems potentially less relevant anyways as it might not even be religiously motivated, so far its sounding like he was very lonely and excessively angry about it based on his social media posts to that effect.
Exactly. It is not relevant. Speculating and blaming a whole lot of people of a specific group is not really all that cool.

Again, not that it really matters, but I would bet my money on the fact that he is Armenian. Quite a bit of money probably.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minasyan

Some Iranian last names may sound similar, but this is not one of them.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:08 PM
Banned

Yep, lets all call it an accident..

https://globalnews.ca/news/4161785/p...e-van-toronto/

Quote:
I know there were a lot of drugs being used but they tended to be more natural and less synthesized, I think there is something to that. Not in the manner that some might run with such theories in terms of conspiracy and such, just in the manner that our bodies and minds can probably better process natural compounds than synthetic ones. Anyways, maybe the guy was just nuts without any meds whatsoever?
Meth was invented by the Japanese in the 1890's, and was given freely to the German forces in WW2. Blitzkrieg? They were blitzed alright. American troops were fed Benzedrine (benny's) in response. Any wonder why so many fighting men came home addicted?
Old 04-23-2018, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
Exactly. It is not relevant. Speculating and blaming a whole lot of people of a specific group is not really all that cool.

Again, not that it really matters, but I would bet my money on the fact that he is Armenian. Quite a bit of money probably.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minasyan

Some Iranian last names may sound similar, but this is not one of them.
I was running from this one: http://forebears.io/surnames/minassian
Old 04-23-2018, 10:26 PM

^ I don't really know anything about that website. It show that there is no one in the world with my last name and I know there are at least a few here in Canada. I am 100% confident the dude is Armenian, which would make a real rarity of an event. I have been wrong before though.

But it does not matter and we are taking it off topic.

It really sucks. Why young people living in the better parts of the world choose to do these thing is really beyond my understanding.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:15 PM
Banned

Old 04-23-2018, 11:47 PM

Quote:
I kinda two part answered to your other post. the second part was about people not getting out around people or doing things that are either social and/or a thing that one can blast through stuff that most people let roll off their back.

The Internet is both heaven & hell and we are becoming more witness to those whom have used it to the point of becoming so extremely introverted that they can't enter the world without an equally violent bent. the hell end.
The cult of needing to be an instant celebrity isn't much help either, or an addiction to antisocial media.

In any regard and not to be crass, if you are so isolated to be so depressed that you think about murder and forcing a cop to kill you, just kill yourself.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps.257 View Post
Ah yes the good old days when all we had to worry about was the threat of nuclear annihilation 100 times over, but if you hid under your desk at school all would be ok. I Guess all the lead paint and asbestos in the school would save us.
Of course there were some bad stuff going on back in the day..but this...this world right now...it isn't right!
Zip!

"Good judgement comes from experience, and experience...well,That comes from poor Judgement"
"KEEP SMILING"
Zip
Old 04-24-2018, 12:06 AM

just found this article which addresses our need to not cut mental health spending, or turn people away because of their age. on the flipside, he will probably get unsupervised strolls in the public in two years and out in three;

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...-awkward-tech/
Old 04-24-2018, 12:25 AM

Victims of this horrific event were still laying in the street under tarps when the bickering in this thread started.

Good grief! Not a good look folks....

Until more information is provided, I will reserve judgment and say a little prayer for the innocents who’s lives were lost or forever changed on this sad day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-24-2018, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehgun View Post
Global News states that fortunately, no guns were fired (when the officer had his pistol out) or more people could have been hurt....this tragedy was done with a vehicle and they still had to get their gun message out.
I noticed for awhile they were saying the hurt victims were "wounded". It took them about 2 hours before they started saying they were "injured". Never miss a good opportunity to promote the gun message.
Old 04-24-2018, 05:29 AM

"Ban the Van"
Old 04-24-2018, 05:44 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Bugger needs to have his neck stretched.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-24-2018, 08:45 AM

dick284 and I were enjoying las vegas last year when the England van incident happened. much the same recipe as this crime here.
this is going to keep happening and it is unstoppable as long as cultures maintain a faith in there imposed world view.
it makes me cringe....guess the flags meant for humbolt are staying down now for another one.

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 04-24-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
But because our government will refuse to admit that this was an act of terrorism, he will likely end up doing a stay in a mental institution, and then he will be released back into society at some point, to once again become a threat.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Do you support the death penalty because it is an effective deterrent that saves the legal system money long term or because revenge makes you feel good for a little while?
Old 04-24-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteout View Post
Do you support the death penalty because it is an effective deterrent that saves the legal system money long term or because revenge makes you feel good for a little while?
I'd say execute him as well because he doesn't need to live after that. He is not needed or wanted. I support death penalty proudly.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
I used to support the death penalty until I realized locked away in a cell for the rest of life would be a fate worse than death. He was trying to commit suicide by cop why grant his wish?

I would like to see his cell wallpapered with the pictures of his victims and to be in Mexico to cut down on costs.

Last edited by bat119; 04-24-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
That is kind of a stupid question.

The death penalty should exist for neither of those reasons. It should exist as a means to provide justice for victims of crimes that would call for the death penalty.

For example - India has imposed the death penalty on child rapists.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
That is kind of a stupid question.

The death penalty should exist for neither of those reasons. It should exist as a means to provide justice for victims of crimes that would call for the death penalty.

For example - India has imposed the death penalty on child rapists.
We have a legal system though, not a justice system. We can never have a justice system because justice isn’t the same to everyone.

Some people will feel that justice is putting a rapist to death and some will feel that a sentence of x years is sufficient. Some will feel that failing to follow the Firearms Act should involve automatic multi year sentences and others will feel that there should maybe only be a monetary fine for violating a paper law.

Whose version of “justice” do we go with? Not even considering that the death penalty isn’t a deterrent and winds up costing more in the long term.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:23 AM

Why is it that this type on mentally ill person doing this kind of thing always seems to be western society? Or do these things go on in other countries but we just don't hear about it?
Old 04-24-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I support the death penalty, because if carried out properly, it is cheaper long term, and there is zero chance of the criminal re-offending. If it serves as a deterrent, that would be a bonus.
Old 04-24-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk396 View Post
Why is it that this type on mentally ill person doing this kind of thing always seems to be western society? Or do these things go on in other countries but we just don't hear about it?
It goes on everywhere, its just we can only absorb so much in our news feeds daily. China and India will have all kinds of atrocities happening because they each have more than 30 times our population. I've read of organized gang knife attacks in China where multiple attackers killed and wounded many people. Here's that one (notable for its scale among others they've suffered) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack
Old 04-24-2018, 01:00 PM

Default An explanation..

I just wanted to comment up something that those who aren't really net savvy might not have picked up on yet.

This lowlife maggot was an incel -- it's a group of disturbed young men who have styled themselves after Rodger Elliott who shot up the Santa Barbara campus.

Basically, it means involuntarily celibate..

These are vile, disturbed people who spew hate speech ..... because obviously the problem is with everyone else in the world and that's why they can't get laid.

I'm not making this up and am 100% serious, google is your friend on the Incel movement.

I cannot even begin to explain how vile these idiots are. For them, enforced rape is just a start at their 'ideas' on how to fix 'society' because they aren't the issue.

Riiight.

-Billy Currington (People are crazy)

Currently retired from hunting due to injury, but looking to get back on the wagon in 2020. Up in Yellowknife and missing my Alberta home big time.

This is the kind of thinking we are up against, vote Conservative this election!

Full Thread: https://imgur.com/a/y7RARBC
Old 04-24-2018, 01:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
We have a legal system though, not a justice system. We can never have a justice system because justice isn’t the same to everyone.

Some people will feel that justice is putting a rapist to death and some will feel that a sentence of x years is sufficient. Some will feel that failing to follow the Firearms Act should involve automatic multi year sentences and others will feel that there should maybe only be a monetary fine for violating a paper law.

Whose version of “justice” do we go with? Not even considering that the death penalty isn’t a deterrent and winds up costing more in the long term.
I agree. But where did we lose the solidarity of what is justice?
Old 04-24-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty-30 View Post
I just wanted to comment up something that those who aren't really net savvy might not have picked up on yet.

This lowlife maggot was an incel -- it's a group of disturbed young men who have styled themselves after Rodger Elliott who shot up the Santa Barbara campus.

Basically, it means involuntarily celibate..

These are vile, disturbed people who spew hate speech ..... because obviously the problem is with everyone else in the world and that's why they can't get laid.

I'm not making this up and am 100% serious, google is your friend on the Incel movement.

I cannot even begin to explain how vile these idiots are. For them, enforced rape is just a start at their 'ideas' on how to fix 'society' because they aren't the issue.

Riiight.
Certainly sounds like terrorists.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Certainly sounds like terrorists.
More like mentally deranged terrorist...
Old 04-25-2018, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
More like mentally deranged terrorist...
Isn't that an oxymoron? 😀
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 04-25-2018, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Ink me in for both, no need to go either or with two stellar options that aren't mutually exclusive.

The only reason the death penalty isn't quick and cheap comes down to lawyers. Get the verdict and pass the sentence within the week, or even the same day.