Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 03-27-2009, 06:57 PM

Default where to buy leg hold trap in Alberta/banff area

Hi there lads i'm only on holidays here in wonderful Canada but i'd love to buy a real leg hold trap.

Where can i go to see (and buy)the real thing.

PS I have a small collection of gin traps back home in ireland but they are only made for rabbits and fox and they are about 60 years old, they are also illegal to use but legal to own!!

PSS I would also consider some old second hand traps, I,m in the banff area for 3 days and then i'm heading south east to Calgary for 2 nights so if you are near buy and think it might be possible to meet up and do a deal then PM me and i give you a contact phone number (cell phone).

Regards Ivan

PSSS Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanthehunter View Post
Hi there lads i'm only on holidays here in wonderful Canada but i'd love to buy a real leg hold trap.

PS I have a small collection of gin traps back home in ireland but they are only made for rabbits and fox and they are about 60 years old, they are also illegal to use but legal to own!!

PSS I would also consider some old second hand traps, I,m in the banff area for 3 days and then i'm heading south east to Calgary for 2 nights so if you are near buy and think it might be possible to meet up and do a deal then PM me and i give you a contact phone number (cell phone).

Regards Ivan

Legal to own...but illegal to use????....holy moly....now we know where are fromer Gov't. is living...Ireland!!!!!....don't have any left, but I'm sure someone here will give you some as a collectable...enjoy your visit to our beautiful province!!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:24 PM

Hal53 Hi there!

Hay man if you think leg hold traps being illegal is bad then you'll think its really bad that we are not allowed to bow hunt!! i even got banned off a few web site for even talking about the possibilty of allowing it!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...5482836&page=2

Anyway thanks hal

regards ivan
Old 03-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Hal53 Hi there!

Hay man if you think leg hold traps being illegal is bad then you'll think its really bad that we are not allowed to bow hunt!! i even got banned off a few web site for even talking about the possibilty of allowing it!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...5482836&page=2

Anyway thanks hal

regards ivan
better look for some property here...sounds like you don't belong there...making some calls seeing if i can find u something....
regards
Old 03-27-2009, 07:35 PM

Nice one hal, Hope your not trying to set me up with a property

Some old traps would be cool!!

Thanks

Regards Ivan
Old 03-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Nice one hal, Hope your not trying to set me up with a property

Some old traps would be cool!!

Thanks

Regards Ivan
heavens no!!!...just waiting for some call backs...(******voicemail) about some traps...what do u think of Alberta????...we are very lucky here...IMHO
Old 03-27-2009, 07:43 PM

Dang Ivan would give ya a few if you were closer.

Try Halford Hides in Calgary when there.

Have a great holiday.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 03-27-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
heavens no!!!...just waiting for some call backs...(******voicemail) about some traps...what do u think of Alberta????...we are very lucky here...IMHO
It great here! I'm from a small island 300x200miles, and people have been farming and working the land for thousands of years so most of the land is turned into fields (all green-40 shades), the wilderness here is just out of this world. I still haven't got my head around the fact that if you head of into the woods you might not hit another road for 100's or 1000's of miles..

I landed in BC Vancouver, but its just another town.. Went to Jasper viaRail and to lake louise and now in banff for 3 days, then to calgery and then i'll hire a car and drive for a week. But i'll tell you that i'll be back with by bow some day!
Old 03-27-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
Dang Ivan would give ya a few if you were closer.

Try Halford Hides in Calgary when there.

Have a great holiday.
Cheers Honda, I'll try Halfords when i get there! Thanks
PS i only seen the add on the forum page after i posted..

PSS thanks for you kind offer any way. Any way hold on to your old traps coz they are a real part of the story of Canada.. Cool
Old 03-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
It great here! I'm from a small island 300x200miles, and people have been farming and working the land for thousands of years so most of the land is turned into fields (all green-40 shades), the wilderness here is just out of this world. I still haven't got my head around the fact that if you head of into the woods you might not hit another road for 100's or 1000's of miles..

I landed in BC Vancouver, but its just another town.. Went to Jasper viaRail and to lake louise and now in banff for 3 days, then to calgery and then i'll hire a car and drive for a week. But i'll tell you that i'll be back with by bow some day!
bring your shotgun back...we have the best waterfowl shooting in the world!!!!....glad to help you experience it
Old 03-27-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
bring your shotgun back...we have the best waterfowl shooting in the world!!!!....glad to help you experience it
One thing i'll say is that people here sure are friendly and helpful. Thank friend.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
One thing i'll say is that people here sure are friendly and helpful. Thank friend.
Geez...and my mom was a Scot and my Dad was an Englishman...aren't we supposed to not like you guys??????
Old 03-27-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Geez...and my mom was a Scot and my Dad was an Englishman...aren't we supposed to not like you guys??????
Sure I'm a dub whos dad is a scott and his mother was from the west of ireland and they had french blood!! On my mothers side; they came form England over 800 yersa ago. Family on both side fought the germans and fell toghter.. so i don't ever throw stones at any one!
Old 03-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Sure I'm a dub whos dad is a scott and his mother was from the west of ireland and they had french blood!! On my mothers side; they came form England over 800 yersa ago. Family on both side fought the germans and fell toghter.. so i don't ever throw stones at any one!
still laugh at the Aussie i met years ago...who claimed his forefathers "were hand picked by Englands finest judges::::
Old 03-27-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Cheers Honda, I'll try Halfords when i get there! Thanks
PS i only seen the add on the forum page after i posted..

PSS thanks for you kind offer any way. Any way hold on to your old traps coz they are a real part of the story of Canada.. Cool
Pretty much worthless here Ivan. Less ya got one of those big bear traps. They will fetch a fair dollar.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 03-28-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:

Regards Ivan

Ivan,

Give me your address or cell number and I will send you some. I have over 700 legholds and i will send you one of each size. No charge.

Rafter
Old 03-28-2009, 05:00 PM

Default Traps

I myself am looking for a bear trap Anyone?? Anyone have a blueprint or good pic of one as I could build a good replica
Old 03-29-2009, 04:14 PM
redgreen

Default Now That's GOOD!!

Quote:
still laugh at the Aussie i met years ago...who claimed his forefathers "were hand picked by Englands finest judges::::
That is one of the best...it should be a bumper sticker in Australia!!
Old 03-29-2009, 04:16 PM
redgreen

Default More than happy to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
Ivan,

Give me your address or cell number and I will send you some. I have over 700 legholds and i will send you one of each size. No charge.

Rafter
Also please pm me and I can also send...you will probably have the best trap collection in Ireland!!
Old 03-29-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafter View Post
Ivan,

Rafter
I'm over here on honnymoon lol, and i'm moving house when i get home but i'll send you my detail as soon as i know my new address.. I'm in Can. now for another 14 days and it will prob take me a week to get a new (rented) house sorted out. (with the down turn in irish eco. there are plenty of house to let.

Thanks for your offer, i'll pm you as soon as i can.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgreen View Post
That is one of the best...it should be a bumper sticker in Australia!!

I wouldn't laugh too much! They (the aussies) are all working here in Banff. LOL.....

I wonder if they have a genitic dispostion towards criminal activities (as its a land made out of x cons) i better say in the Hotel tonight and lock all the doors and windows

Anyway i be intouch with address as soon as i have new address.

Email address sent in PM

Regards Ivan and thanks again for kind offer!!