Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 04-06-2009, 06:25 PM

Default Questions about the Trappers' Convention!

Hi there!

My Better Half is a junior partner on his son's line...do we have to buy our own membership in order to attend the convention? How much are the banquet/dance tickets? By any chance, is wild game being served?? You know some of us may have a hankering for Oriental Squirrel Kabobs or Boiled Mole with Wild Mushrooms.Also, who is playing at the dance? I checked the ATA website and nothing is posted there yet...Thanks!

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 04-07-2009, 06:43 AM
redgreen

Default Convention

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly View Post
Hi there!

My Better Half is a junior partner on his son's line...do we have to buy our own membership in order to attend the convention? How much are the banquet/dance tickets? By any chance, is wild game being served?? You know some of us may have a hankering for Oriental Squirrel Kabobs or Boiled Mole with Wild Mushrooms.Also, who is playing at the dance? I checked the ATA website and nothing is posted there yet...Thanks!
Hi there!! You most certainly can buy tickets for the convention and not be a member however you cannot vote at the AGM. The ATA main office in Westlock handles all the tickets and registrations. Give Karen a call there at 780-349-6626. There will be a BBQ and beer on Friday suppertime and then the banquet and dance on Saturday. The trade show runs Friday and Saturday, demonstrations etc. on Saturday. Also look at the sticky on the Convention above...there will be lots to do for youths and families outside the regular program.The dinner there will be roast beef. Also during the day there will be a lunch each day provided to registrants. The band will be the Christy band, can't remember his first name but everyone that was familiar says he is excellent. I believe they tried to get him last year but he was booked....hope to see all of you there in July!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:08 AM

A Trapper's Convention? Wow, that creates some images! Would black and white plaid be appropriate for the formal banquet?

Just teasing guys, honest. I know you don't all wear plaid (heck, perhaps none of you do). Just been watching too many old movies

Last edited by Okotokian; 04-07-2009 at 10:36 AM.