Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-17-2014, 09:34 PM
AO Sponsor

Default ANOTHER 300+lb Halibut Caught with Serengeti!!!!

I didn't think it was possible, I didn't in my wildest dreams think it would happen again in several years, never mind a couple weeks, YET it did. We caught and released another 300+lb halibut yesterday, measuring a whooping 82" or, 6' 10" tall (long).

As soon as we hooked it and it refused to lift even a few feet off bottom I knew we had another hog on, but little did I expect it to be another over the coveted 300lb mark. Not only did we catch and release the 300, but also a 160lb and 120lb halibut, and kept 65lb, 55lb, 35lbs, and 30lb hali's. Then proceeded to limit out on Lingcod in the 20-40lb range and snapper....plus few Chinook and Coho to round the day out. Life is good on the west coast...especially fishing with us Added few other pics from last few days.

Still have a few spots left in the AO Derby 2015, July 8-11, let me know if interested, and some spots in Chinook heaven June and monster Chinook and Coho August. Chat soon and hope to see more of you out in 2015

300LB BEAST

Limit of Lingcod to 44lbs and snapper as well as Hali from 35-63lbs

Flat seas, warm weather, big fish

C + R 120lbs

Monster Lingcod....he's about 6' 3" for reference (forum member)

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 08-17-2014, 10:15 PM

Congrats David...well done as always!!

"Always surprised at the people that come here and trash Alberta. Why put yourself through the torture of living here? Start your own thread about why Alberta is the worst place to live and why you stay."

Rugatika
Old 08-17-2014, 10:19 PM

Ohhh buddy , thats unreal you landed another monster... that hali looks crazy big !!!! Cant wait to get back out next summer. Already counting down the days.

Congrats again on another monster hali !!

Mamba
Old 08-21-2014, 09:50 AM

We were with Serengeti and Dave jr on august 3,4 was awesome caught lots fish and the guides were good, food awesome. They work hard to get you on fish and don't clock watch. Caught personal biggest cod and halibut so far. Hope to be back out there again. Hope you keep them classey sunglasses for me lol