Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-16-2012, 06:58 AM

Default Going to Nakamun, how are the roads?

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 01-16-2012, 07:17 AM

HAAAA! Um they are gravelly, with snow and some ice...and um..
Old 01-16-2012, 07:28 AM

TERRIBLE!! Stay home... Wouldn't want you to hurt that green jeep in the 6 inches of snow we have had this year. Might be a costly fishing trip when you hit the ditch and can't get out and need a tow truck

P.s next weekend I'm planning on hitting Wabamun. How far do I need to go? What hook should I use and should I jig it or not? If so how much should I jig it? How far do I need to go to find the depth I need to have to catch fish? On second thought I think I might need you to come with me because I can't catch fish on my own and need someone to help me pull out the fish for me and takč a picture for me

In all seriousness though I think I will be heading to wab next weekend if you care to join
Old 01-16-2012, 07:46 AM

Actually plans have changed and I'm going to be heading to Wab today. Anybody know how the roads are headed that way? How's the ice? Is it safe enough to drive on so I can chain my auger up to my bumper once I'm done drilling my holes? Do I need bait?

Alex - I don't know what next weekend is going to be like for me...Too cold to work for the next couple days so I'll be out fishing, but if it's decent by the weekend I may have to work through it...plus I think buckmaster wants me to come out with him to Long Lake next Saturday if I can swing it - I gotta figure out the whites one of these days!

Oh, and is the forum going painfully slow for anybody else this morning?

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 01-16-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezle View Post
Actually plans have changed and I'm going to be heading to Wab today. Anybody know how the roads are headed that way? How's the ice? Is it safe enough to drive on so I can chain my auger up to my bumper once I'm done drilling my holes? Do I need bait?

Alex - I don't know what next weekend is going to be like for me...Too cold to work for the next couple days so I'll be out fishing, but if it's decent by the weekend I may have to work through it...plus I think buckmaster wants me to come out with him to Long Lake next Saturday if I can swing it - I gotta figure out the whites one of these days!

Oh, and is the forum going painfully slow for anybody else this morning?

Sounds good jay. I'll fire a text later this week probobly. Forum seems to be working fine for me on my phone.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikehunter1989 View Post
Sounds good jay. I'll fire a text later this week probobly. Forum seems to be working fine for me on my phone.
It's hit and miss for me this morning...could be the stupid satellite internet we've got out here

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 01-16-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
It's hit and miss for me this morning...could be the stupid satellite internet we've got out here
It has been on and off for me for the last couple of days, both on my phone, and home.

Also....

Think you can catch, cook and taste a pike for me? I've been curious how they taste but don't want to waste one! LOL!!!11!!!111
Old 01-16-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Definitely the forum. I could not access at all yesterday from desktop. This morning fine. I changed nothing on 'puter. There was a thread on main page about access problems.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:50 AM

Supposed to be super cold tomorrow!! I work inside but still to cold to work i think. I think I better go fishing.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Supposed to be super cold tomorrow!! I work inside but still to cold to work i think. I think I better go fishing.
I concur...you'd better go fishing!

- Strung Out

- Douglas Adams
Old 01-16-2012, 05:41 PM

-30!!! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr