Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-06-2015, 08:22 PM

Default pony express

Would one of you fine gentlemen coming from the south, and going to the DV shoot, be able to pick up a couple of pounds of powder from Caber Tosser for me? I believe he is in Cow Town.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Banned

I can surely do that for you PTH. I can ring him and make arrangements if you like.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:22 PM

Great to see how everything is coming together. REALLY wish I could make it.
Make sure some of you fellas take a bunch of pictures. Have fun, and good luck everybody!
Old 08-06-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
I can surely do that for you PTH. I can ring him and make arrangements if you like.
Okay. Thanks
Old 08-07-2015, 05:19 AM

Quote:

I gotta check a couple of ammonia compressors on my way through the big city. Stop in an pick up a gun stock from Hunter1602 and then pedal to the metal. So stoked....should be there around 5 or 6 I hope. So you guys wait for me to shoot the BR's OK.
I have to stop in Conklin on Business and have to be at the head office for
15:00hrs for a bit then it's off to Drayton
Cat
Old 08-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Banned

anyone like cigars? i might have a collection that i'm looking to make a bit smaller
Old 08-07-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
anyone like cigars? i might have a collection that i'm looking to make a bit smaller
OHYEAH !!
I have my traveller on the truck also!
Cat
Old 08-07-2015, 10:43 AM
Banned

excellent well i have a few packed
Old 08-07-2015, 10:57 AM

Loaded my traveler last night , an Xikar
She'll hold 18 Churchill's but I usually don't smoke 'em that big!!
Cat
Old 08-07-2015, 04:49 PM

Good luck all. Sounds like a good time is to be had by all.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:52 PM

Default Shoot

Good Luck All! Cat I'll take some nice cigars as part trade!!!!
Old 08-08-2015, 12:52 AM

Enjoy the day fellas...went to have some ice cream tonight and our fridge isn't working. The frozen stuff isn't frozen anymore and the cold stuff isn't cold! We have moved as many groceries as possible out to the trailer fridge.

Sadly instead of having fun at the rodeo I will be having fun buying a new fridge!

LC
Old 08-08-2015, 07:18 AM

Good luck fellas. Enjoy the weekend!
Pics or it didn't happen!!!!!
H1602
Old 08-08-2015, 08:13 AM

Default Who would have guessed

I'm home this weekend. Lol
Could have come to the rodeo.
Hope you all have a great day
Guy Fawkes and his companions
Did the scheme contrive,
To blow the king and parliament
All up alive!
Eat, Drink, and be merry for tomorrow we shall surely die
Certified tinfoil hat wearing redneck.
Old 08-08-2015, 10:52 PM

Wow just got back from the event. Great people out there and a big shout out to 284 and other organizers. I'm pretty humbled , didn't do too we'll myself during the shoot but meh , what it's all about. Improvement.

Gonna do a lot more sitting , kneeling and prone unsupported shooting down the road here.

Thanks again 284 and nice meeting you finally duceman , cat , gitrdun and others.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:23 AM

Many Thanks to Dick284 and everyone ( people & sponsors) that put in to make the event happen...
Nefiew and I had a great time as usual...great to meet sum new faces from here.and also great to see the ones i already new...
Sadly i had to leave when the light dimmed down and the light from inside burning ring took over...
There is no way im gonna let a guy in a skirt beat me next year....
Old 08-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Banned

So many highlights for me. Face to face and discussions with nice folks the likes of the Cat, Wolf 308, fish_eo, roebag and his boy, opalsasquatch, rugersingle, and many others. Sorry if I missed other AO members. Many heartfelt thanks to Dick284 and family, duceman, rugersingle, Paul for the BBQ machine, and so many others who make this event a success especially the wives and ladies that support this with hard work and understanding our addictions. Many thanks to my dear friends Hotpaw and Backwoods Runner who are there in the background to let me shoot countless rounds thru their pistols and lend an ear when needed. I have a saying. If you come to this shoot.....you'll be back.

AND, let's not forget to congratulate tchardy. Congrats buddy and you have two of the cutest and most well behaved little girls ever.

Last edited by gitrdun; 08-09-2015 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeviation View Post
Many Thanks to Dick284 and everyone ( people & sponsors) that put in to make the event happen...
Nefiew and I had a great time as usual...great to meet sum new faces from here.and also great to see the ones i already new...
Sadly i had to leave when the light dimmed down and the light from inside burning ring took over...
There is no way im gonna let a guy in a skirt beat me next year....
And our proud winner promptly bukcled up with it on his....kilt??!!

Quite the consistency BTW, he did what is supposed to be done- kept up his rhythm, didn't win a single shoot , but had the grand agg for the match!
Well done!!
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 08-09-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:36 PM

These things gave most everyone a headache !

However out of the whole shootin' match this target was the hardest - I think only about 8 or nine people hit it!!
Distance was unknown ( over 200 yards), and at a mere 6" high and 18" wide it was tough!!
It called for a kneeling shot leening on a table , but that Danged Duceman however showed us how it's down and rang it two out of three times standing on his hind legs!!

Cat
Old 08-09-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
So many highlights for me. Face to face and discussions with nice folks the likes of the Cat, Wolf 308, fish_eo, roebag and his boy, opalsasquatch, rugersingle, and many others. Sorry if I missed other AO members. Many heartfelt thanks to Dick284 and family, duceman, rugersingle, Paul for the BBQ machine, and so many others who make this event a success especially the wives and ladies that support this with hard work and understanding our addictions. Many thanks to my dear friends Hotpaw and Backwoods Runner who are there in the background to let me shoot countless rounds thru their pistols and lend an ear when needed. I have a saying. If you come to this shoot.....you'll be back.

AND, let's not forget to congratulate tchardy. Congrats buddy and you have two of the cutest and most well behaved little girls ever.
Thanks git. We work hard on those girls and they have this guy wrapped around their fingers.
I learned what needs work for next year. For the most part it was my concentration near the end of the day that was going away quick. I did not expect to leave with anything so that was all a pleasant surprise. The buckle looks good on my wall and I am already thinking about next year.

I'm happy to have met everyone, I had a riot, and not just on the range.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Banned

what a good time

i guess it'll be twice the size next year
Old 08-10-2015, 10:48 AM

made it back home last nite. not a bad drive for a sunday nite.
the missus and i had a great time as usual, as travis said both on and off the range.
huge thanks to dick and his close helpers, as well as paul with secure energy for the big bbq and the great supper fixins.
big kudos to mrs. hardy as well on the cheesecake tart deserts, the bar still set high!!!
i guess i should have bought kilt boy's 788 when he asked me if he should keep it or not. at the very least i'll be a little less careful on his loads next year.
still pretty happy to come second, considering i shoot the whole match offhand. the buckles are a great trophy!!!
looking forward to next year, time to finish getting ready for the clive mohn and leffingwell shoots coming up, lee

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:14 AM
Banned

dick284- "the front sight is loose on my rifle." "i don't consider that a catastrophic failure on my rifle"

still shot the match and did better than most!
Old 08-10-2015, 10:17 PM

Default Awesome Time

What a great time. Started right from the moment we got there being greeted by friendly people who know how to make you feel welcome

Highlites for me were many. The guys singing at the fire, the dedication of the folkes who do all the work. It really is a fantastic group of people that put this on and those who came are quality folks also

Special thanks to Paul from Secure Energy and who truly roughed it on the camping side and yet did so much of the work....good job

I also want to thank Skytop B for his donation of the 17 WSM that .277 winchester came home with and all the other folks that sponsored this.

Hopefully we can come back next year.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duceman View Post
loading here too. picking up veggies and buns to go with roast for tomorrow night. fire ring loaded. guns and lots of boolits loaded. whiskey loaded.
prize donation loaded, team jw front rest with protector front and rear bags, team jw shooting stool.
convoy pulling out 8:00 am tomorrow!!
that rest is awesome by the way!

did you make that?
Old 08-11-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish_e_o View Post
that rest is awesome by the way!

did you make that?
everything but the bags. did you notice it's reversible for feet leveling adjustment; you can have single leg. rear or 2 legs rear; i like 2 at the back so it's easier to level the rest if your not on a bench; on the ground for f-class shooting.
we're cutting some rubber mat spacers to go under the rest and under the rear bags today; didn't get time before the match, lee

1. People who list their arguments in bullets points or numerical order generally come off as condescending pecker heads.

2. #1 is true.