Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-05-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwloco View Post
I am in Edmonton, boat is in storage yard by ST Albert. Looks like I have a guy willing to take me and the boat to Calling this Saturday. But I will keep in touch with all on here for further dates
Ya, just send me a PM if you need a tow and we can plan something
Old 08-09-2014, 02:55 PM

Default Wabamun August 11

Got room for one more, looking to go out this Monday.

Holler at me.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:30 AM

Heading out to crowsnest pass/pincher creek area early Sat morning from Calgary if anyone is interested in tagging along they are more then welcome. Targeting bull trout on the fly.
1 walleye
25 browns
1 whitefish
1 lake trout
1 sucker
Old 08-13-2014, 04:17 PM

Default Looking for help with rivers and streams

Planning to spend either the 23rd or 24th (weather dependent) splashing a river or stream around Calgary area. If anyone wants some company while showing me some tips and tricks please PM me and I’d love to tag along and learn.

Never caught anything other than stocked trout before and a handful others in hard water season with bait.

I have hip waders and boots and a 5/6wt fly rod as well as a spin rod but pretty much new to rivers and streams.

I’m good with exploring anything that will get me back in Calgary for dinner.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:29 PM

Hey everyone really hoping to get out on a boat this summer and meet some new fishing friends, if anyone's leaving edm and has a spare spot on the boat let me know!! Willing to pitch for gas, lunch or whatever. Have my own truck.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:23 PM

Anyone leaving out of Calgary or wanting to come fishing on the Highwood or any river/stream tomorrow. I got no luck in the fly fishing thread. I was going to go fly fishing but I do have spinning gear too. I've got a truck I just need some money for gas!
Old 08-20-2014, 09:49 AM

Hey anyone out of drayton valley looking to go cast some lines! There for 3 days and half a good 6 hours before sunset to fish! Pm me your digits and it's on!
Old 08-26-2014, 12:18 AM

Looking at hitting pigeon lake tomorrow, likely leaving Edmonton around ten am. Have never fished the lake, but hope to find them. I got the truck and boat, welcoming good company.
Old 08-26-2014, 06:03 PM

I am available for fishing Thursday or Friday anywhere around Edmonton. Hoping to get out in a boat as I don't have access to one right now. I will cover any fuel costs. I just want to get into a boat and catch some big fish!

Pm me!
Old 09-02-2014, 11:42 AM

Default Cold Lake

I'm dying to fish Cold Lake. Would like to jump in with some one since I don't want to drive my boat all the way by myself. Got all my own gear and will pay my way. Thx
Old 09-05-2014, 10:39 AM

I am new to Calgary from Kamloops BC and living with my brother in law who is also a member of AO. I am interested in fishing on the weekends around Calgary and it would be cool to meet some other Outdoorsmen. I mostly shore fish and I hunt as well. Pm me
Old 09-06-2014, 04:07 PM

Hey all - accidentally started my own thread before noticing this one - will attempt to delete the other. Anyways, here goes:

I just moved to Calgary from Victoria, BC. I guided for two years out west in both the Haida Gwaii and on the island itself, and have been around boats and fishing my whole life (worked in a marine shop for 7 years). Had my own boat out there two and regularly went out for Salmon, Halibut, etc.

That said, I know next to nothing about fresh water fishing - though we had lots of that out there too, I concentrated on the salt. I would be extremely gracious if somebody here might invite me along on an expedition; will cover my share of expenses. I assume with winter approaching the opportunities will diminish, but I am available any weekend over the next while to take a stab at it!

In the meantime I will study this forum to learn about all the great fishing opportunities in Alberta and the techniques necessary for success, but we all know that hands-on is the quickest and most effective way to learn! I also brought lots of fresh frozen fish in my move and don't mind sharing with my next teacher!

Tight lines all - looking forward to this new experience! Feel free to PM me or comment on this thread if you are down to wet a line with a prairie newbie!

P.S. Sooke is a municipality outside Victoria and a popular fishing destination, hence the name - is also the name of my boat.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:49 AM

Hi.

I'm going on a two week trip to Alberta, starting September 23rd where I'm planning to do a lot of fishing around Alberta (and possibly Montana). I'll go with a guide on the Bow River the first day after arriving. Afterwards I have just rented a car, and I'm planning to go fishing 'wherever I feel like'.
If someone here would like to go on some fishing trips with me that would be great, both for the company and local expertise (I've also been looking at way too many bear-encounter videos on Youtube lately and starting to freak out a little regarding fishing alone )

I'm arriving in Calgary, but as I have a rental car I don't mind if it's far away (as long as it's not a two-day drive )
Primarily I'm thinking fly-fishing for trout (with all your Canadian sub-species which we don't have in Norway) and pike, but open for other stuff too
Old 09-12-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinar View Post
Hi.

I'm going on a two week trip to Alberta, starting September 23rd where I'm planning to do a lot of fishing around Alberta (and possibly Montana). I'll go with a guide on the Bow River the first day after arriving. Afterwards I have just rented a car, and I'm planning to go fishing 'wherever I feel like'.
If someone here would like to go on some fishing trips with me that would be great, both for the company and local expertise (I've also been looking at way too many bear-encounter videos on Youtube lately and starting to freak out a little regarding fishing alone )

I'm arriving in Calgary, but as I have a rental car I don't mind if it's far away (as long as it's not a two-day drive )
Primarily I'm thinking fly-fishing for trout (with all your Canadian sub-species which we don't have in Norway) and pike, but open for other stuff too
Please be safe, an experienced armed outdoorsman just got killed by a grizzly in Kananaskis
Old 09-12-2014, 04:17 PM

Going to take a couple of days off next week to spend on the water. Don't know what two days and haven't decided what lakes yet. So, If someone has one or two days off next week and wants to get out send me a PM.
I'm in Calgary
Old 09-13-2014, 04:02 PM

Off until the 20th. Looking to get out fishing over the next week. I am in Edmonton, but I don't mind traveling for some good fishing. I will chip in for gas/provide transport if needed. Would love to get out on a boat somewhere. PM me.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:28 PM

Default Lac Ste. Anne Friday Sept 20th

Heading to Lac Ste Anne Friday early, room for one more.

Got all the gear, buy me a tin of chew and were good. Holler at me via pm on here! Leave your number and I'll text you back!
Old 09-18-2014, 01:04 PM

Looking to get out on Saturday Sept. 20th, last chance to get out for the full day before school picks up.

Located in Calgary, no boat so just planning on hitting up a shoreline somewhere unless anyone has any better ideas.

Plenty of gear and welcoming the company
Cory
Old 11-07-2014, 08:41 AM

Hunting Plans Fell through through this weekend,
As such I've got a few days off and was planning on going fishing instead.

If anyone wants to brave the wind and weather for a day this weekend let me know.

Located in Calgary
Old 11-17-2014, 08:52 PM

Default New to white court

Hey I'm new to white court, from calgary and I'll be here for the winter
Lookin to see if any one would be interested in pointing a guy in the right direction or going to check a few places out?
Old 12-02-2014, 03:03 PM

Hey works got me stationed in cold lake, for two nights only. Tomorrow night I'm gonna check out the lake and fish for pike. I got all the ice fishing gear with me so if anyone is willing to join, share knowledge, fish and drink beer send me a pm! I plan on giving er for 4 hours tomorrow night so let me know!
Old 12-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Banned

Hope you brought a boat. Unsafe ice. Little to none

Quote:
Originally Posted by travellingflyguy View Post
Hey works got me stationed in cold lake, for two nights only. Tomorrow night I'm gonna check out the lake and fish for pike. I got all the ice fishing gear with me so if anyone is willing to join, share knowledge, fish and drink beer send me a pm! I plan on giving er for 4 hours tomorrow night so let me know!
Old 12-05-2014, 06:20 PM

Last minute but if anyone wants to go fishing tomorrow give me a shout. I got all the gear so no worries there. Not sure where I am going yet but will definitely be getting out somewhere.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:04 PM

Default Dec 7

Anyone looking to get out for a day?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 12-06-2014, 04:54 PM

Hey bud when you looking to go
Old 12-06-2014, 05:04 PM

Just texted you.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing
Old 12-06-2014, 05:13 PM

Anyone in the Red Deer area wanna go to Peppers Lake in the morning?
Old 12-13-2014, 09:23 PM

anyone up for a day trip tomorrow. need to get out somewhere
Old 12-15-2014, 12:41 PM

Default Fishing Partner needed

Hello, I am new to the Edmonton area and am looking for a fishing partner to maybe show me around, I usually have my three year old daughter in tow, I have all the Ice gear (Tent, hand Auger, Buddy Heater, rods) and we usually can be out for a few hours with no issues.

Pm me can usually only get out Sat or Sun but am off the whole week from xmas to new years.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:16 PM

Default White court

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone View Post
Hey I'm new to white court, from calgary and I'll be here for the winter
Lookin to see if any one would be interested in pointing a guy in the right direction or going to check a few places out?
Did you find something to help you?